collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89522 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2016, 08:29:45 AM »
I'm really disappointed because my old Galaxy S3 can't handle it. I am eligible for an upgrade but my phone bill would go up $30 a month. Not worth it.

That's the phone my friend has. I felt so bad for her because she can't play, but she's actually looking at getting the same phone as me (a Galaxy S5) so that she can play. Even her husband can't play (he has an iPhone 4), but to be fair, the two of them have been eligible for upgrades for a while now and from the sounds of it, their bill won't change too much. I guess this was the push they needed, haha.

But yeah, if your bill is going up significantly, I wouldn't bother. As of now, I'd say you aren't missing out on too much.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2016, 09:00:13 AM »
I'll admit I actually want a new phone for a better camera than what I have. It's just nice only having to pay $43 a month for almost unlimited data versus over $70. But I don't really play games on my phone much. I use my 3DS for gaming and I haven't been taking many pictures of stuff for eBay or personal use lately anyways.

But my brother was at his local bar last night and he said people were running around in the parking lot looking for Pokémon. XD  I mean, I do kinda wish I could join in the fun. I'm sure the game can't be as in depth as the regular 3DS games though. At least I have Sun/Moon to look forward to.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »
That's understandable. :)

It's pretty neat to go out walking and run into other people who are playing. It's a great conversation starter! But if this app does well and updates to keep things fun and exciting, I have no doubt it'll be around for a while and you'll be able to jump in whenever.

Oh, and can I just mention that I love working in a building that's a PokeStop? Someone had a lure set here when I got in, and I just set one there. I'm just barely within range, though. :lol: I had to change my GPS settings from high accuracy to level just below it, so that it could have me closer to the middle of the building. Just a tip for anyone in a similar situation. ;)

Instagram / Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:34 AM »
I work in a prison. I wonder if I'd find any Pokémon here. I don't think anyone I work with is playing the game. They are all making fun of it on facebook. We can't actually take our cellphones inside the facility, but I can take it inside the admin section. I wanna know what's running around here. XD
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
That would be interesting to find out what's there!

I work at the local community college, and summer semester = barely any students, so I have lots of free time to just sit here at my desk and do whatever. I'm out of range of the gym in the building next to us, though. There are some pretty random Pokemon around here, varying CPs too, so that's nice.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:29 PM »

Is anyone here playing on a 1GB ram phone or tablet? I checked the website and it says the Minimum Ram is 1gb, just wondering if a cheap/older phone would run it at all.

How old is your phone? Because you'll have to make sure your OS is compatible with the app as well. As far as the RAM goes, my friend has an older-ish phone with the minimum amount of RAM, but she isn't able to play.

Here's a link to what you need to run the game.

Thanks Renia, those are the same specs I was using when looking for a phone. I unfortunately have a Lumia (windows OS), so I was wondering if the cheap android phones would do the trick (I can tether it to my lumia). Most/All of the cheap phones have at least android 4.4 and ARM cpus, so thats not a problem. But sadly, basically all those cheap phones cut costs by only having 1GB of ram. I had heard people were having problems with >2gb ram phones, even though Ingress works fine, so I was curious if anyone got theirs to work
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »
That's understandable. :)

It's pretty neat to go out walking and run into other people who are playing. It's a great conversation starter! But if this app does well and updates to keep things fun and exciting, I have no doubt it'll be around for a while and you'll be able to jump in whenever.

Oh, and can I just mention that I love working in a building that's a PokeStop? Someone had a lure set here when I got in, and I just set one there. I'm just barely within range, though. :lol: I had to change my GPS settings from high accuracy to level just below it, so that it could have me closer to the middle of the building. Just a tip for anyone in a similar situation. ;)

Thanks for that tip! :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »
I got the game too!

I'd had the same phone for 4 years now. Mom and I had been talking about upgrading for months. Sat we went to Verizon to upgrade. I got a little bit of a funny reaction from an employee in the store.

Employee #1: "What kind of phone are you looking for?"
Me: "Something I can play Pokemon Go on."
Employee #1: *confused blank stare*
Employee #2 (just walking by): "S5 or newer."

Thank you employee #2!  :rofl:

Mom and I ended up getting Galaxy S6 because they only have one S5 left in stock.

I downloaded the game when I got home and caught a few Pokemon. There's a lot of Rattata, Weedle and Pidgey around my house. I went for a long walk on Sun afternoon (wearing my replica Ash hat BTW!). There's this great little pond about a block from my house.

Ever since I first heard about Pokemon Go, I couldn't wait to find out what water type Pokemon were living in the pond. I walked down there and found... NOTHING. Not a single Pokemon.  :rant: I walked around for a couple hours, found some Pokemon, hit a few Poke Stops and saw a few gyms. I was only on level 4 then, so no battling. I think every church in town is a Poke Stop! I couldn't help wondering if any of the churches were the type that believe Pokemon is "demonic" and how they would feel about being part of a Pokemon game.  :whistle:  :rofl:

The closest gym is 2 blocks from my house. It's an old milk factory. Now that I'm up to level 6 I walked over there today after work. The gym leader's Pokemon were all in the 500-600 range. My strongest Pokemon is 104.  :wail: I've got some work to do yet.....

sailorstitch

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

The closest gym is 2 blocks from my house. It's an old milk factory. Now that I'm up to level 6 I walked over there today after work. The gym leader's Pokemon were all in the 500-600 range. My strongest Pokemon is 104.  :wail: I've got some work to do yet.....

I have the same thing going on, the closest gym and pokestops are a couple blocks away, and the gym leader's pokemon are above 700. I'm finding it really frustrating to be in a small town. Especially when I don't leave town too much to go anywhere on a regular basis.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2016, 05:53:13 PM »
You know what we need to do? Everybody that plays Pokemon Go needs to put a sign in their yard that says something like "Pokemon trainers welcome". There's some Pokemon in my neighborhood that I can't get to because I don't feel right about tramping through a stranger's backyard. But if they had a sign welcoming me..... :P

I have the same thing going on, the closest gym and pokestops are a couple blocks away, and the gym leader's pokemon are above 700. I'm finding it really frustrating to be in a small town. Especially when I don't leave town too much to go anywhere on a regular basis.

I think right now I'm just going to focus on collecting and evolving Pokemon. Although I'm almost out of Pokeballs..... I'll have to find some Poke Stops tomorrow.....

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2016, 09:05:02 PM »
My highest CP is 900 but there are people in the 1000s dominating the gyms.

UGH I JUST EVOLVED ANOTHER VAPOREON. That's 4, and one Flareon. I WANT JOLTEON :cry:

And I just cannot find any ghost Pokemon.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29:58 PM »
For a jolteon, you need one that knows swift. :)

My biggest pokemon have come from highly popular areas, some from a pokestop with a lure, and others from places like walmart. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »
For a jolteon, you need one that knows swift. :)

My biggest pokemon have come from highly popular areas, some from a pokestop with a lure, and others from places like walmart. :)

They've disproven that. :( I tried going both by moves and by the claim that the local gym colors determine it.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2016, 12:58:36 AM »
Huh, well mine that knew swift became a jolteon, and the one that knew dig became a vaporeon, but I admit, I haven't tried for a flareon yet...
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2016, 04:47:06 AM »
Haha, I did find my Burger King poketoys from their kiddy-meals back in 1999. Got one dangling on my purse like a Boss  :cool:

OMG, I just remembered... Wasn't there some incident that occurred with those and they had to cancel them early or something?

Someone put one in a crib with a baby, and the red half of the pokeball (with the little cutout) got over the babies mouth and nose...you can guess what happened., poor kiddo. :(  so after thay, if you brought the empty pokeball back, you got a free small fry.  The toy inside was still ok, it was just no one had realized the cutout was the right size to suffocate a baby!
Inside the burger kings, we also had to spend hours opening the toys and putting them into white plastic bags, because they didn't want the pokeballs to harm another persons baby.

I remember being rather unhappy when they discontinued the balls. My nephew was like 2 at the time and he was constantly running over to me to snap the ball back together with his muk inside so he could immediately throw it across the room and yell, "Muk! Go!" Muk was the only one heavy enough to pop the ball open when it hit the ground after being thrown by a 2 year old. It was adorable!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal