collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 89518 times)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2016, 08:18:11 PM »
I had hoped that some of the locations near my house would be pokestops, but they aren't, and the only pokemon that have showed up for me have been pidgeys and rattatas.  I got spoiled at the fair!!!!!!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »
OMG, so life's not fair.

My friend and I were out and he ran into a Cubone (my number one favoritest Pokemon!) and I was sitting right next to him in the car, but the Cubone did not show up for me. Whyyyyy... I'm going to cry. :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:18 PM »
What team had everyone joined? I hit level five today and can't pick. Initially I wanted blue for Articuno, but that is the most popular team it seems so I'd prefer something else.

Haha, for not being released over here yet, it is super popular. There was a Pokemon meet downtown today. Lol.

I was able to play the game a little more at the mall today, I found a Pidgeotto there which was cool as its one of my favourite Gen 1s. My first egg is sort of close to hatching too, buy I had to stop playing because my battery died. It definitely was more entertaining to play this way, but I still think it needs a function to interact with your pokemon. And definitely a social option because what is pokemon without battles and trading?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm on Team Instinct because I like Zapdos. That's literally the only reason. I never cared much for Articuno or Moltres. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2016, 09:24:44 PM »
Articuno is amazinggggg. One of my top fav Pokemon. I actually skipped through them talking about the teams and just picked blue but I'm glad I did looking back at what they actually said and knowing Articuno represents it.

Lately there aren't many different types of Pokemon. I live on a peninsula and there are plenty of water Pokemon. But where are the ghosts and fire types? No matter where I go at night I don't get ghosts.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
My street must be haunted because there are always Gastly around me now.

Also, different people kept placing lure modules at the PokeStop up the road from my house today. The stop is the Croatian Center, so I can only guess a party had been going on and some people attending were playing Go. I caught so many Pokemon just from sitting on my deck and it was wonderful.
Instagram / Want List

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2016, 10:12:55 PM »
Birds are by default my favourite pokemon, so I love all three, Moltes a little less than the other two only because Ho-oh is one of, if not my favourite legendaries. Zapdos was shamelessly my flyer in my childhood playthrough of blue, so I think it defaults to my favourite, but Articuno is so pretty, and fires my favourite type of the three... I don't want to miss out on one if they are exclusive to the team you choose so I need to think carefully.

My area is a Drowzee nest, I'd say like 80% is Drowzee by my house, with the sporadic Gastly around, but never close enough for me to catch at home.  >_< I'm surprised at how many water types are around though, I guess they like my neighbours' pools.

Haha, that sounds amazing to just hang out and reap the benefits from the comfort of your home.

Edit: Spoke too soon, there was a Gastly chilling in my room with me. And ah, there is a Weedle somewhere close by and I want it! Why are the ones that are dirt common in the games so rare in my area?  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:18:21 PM by aluke »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »
Got me clefairy, snorlax, golduck, and gssty yesterday! I keep finding gasty at the gas station up the street lolololol haunted Racetrack xD

Also it keeps freaking me out there are gastly near the morgue. I can't park her it or walk up there since its fenced off, I still lwant them, bit its creeping me out! xD

Post Merge: July 11, 2016, 11:48:04 PM

Last night in the two parks downtown there were about thirty college-aged kids playing. They all formed groups and were yelling out their team colors and player names....I didn't make any friends lol. Seriously contemplating playing the Team Rocket anthem on the loudspeakers whenever I see a trainer come on to the property.

Haha, I did find my Burger King poketoys from their kiddy-meals back in 1999. Got one dangling on my purse like a Boss  :cool:

OMG NOSTALGIA!!!!!!! *FLASHBACKMOMENT* THAT GYARADOS. He was my FAVORITE next to that new and shellder in that toy series! OMG BURGER KING! x3 I've got my kids meal bags around here somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna post stuff on my Instagram!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:48:05 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2016, 12:08:24 AM »
I just started playing today, and found 11 pokemon on an afternoon walk where I hit about 7 pokestops, 5 of them twice, lol! I watched a schoolkid across the street beat a gym while I had a 5 min break at the last pokestop before hitting it again and heading back home. I think when I hit 5 I'll go with Blue. There are players from all three colours around me for sure, the three gyms were red, red and blue before I left, one was yellow by the time I reached it, the kid must have been red, because he beat it and then the one near my house is now blue. 

My house is surrounded by three parks, so I've encountered a few different types, though mostly zubat, but I've caught paras, spearow, bulbabsaur, and geodude, and had pidgey, psyduck, krabby, eevee, and ghastly nearby. Right now I'm luring, and have had several zubats and a paras approach. This thing is fun but damn it uses data! I think I'll try to use it on wifi where I can... hopefully there's a pokestop at work.. anyone know if they have hospitals as pokestops?!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline aluke

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:04 AM »
I just started playing today, and found 11 pokemon on an afternoon walk where I hit about 7 pokestops, 5 of them twice, lol! I watched a schoolkid across the street beat a gym while I had a 5 min break at the last pokestop before hitting it again and heading back home. I think when I hit 5 I'll go with Blue. There are players from all three colours around me for sure, the three gyms were red, red and blue before I left, one was yellow by the time I reached it, the kid must have been red, because he beat it and then the one near my house is now blue. 

My house is surrounded by three parks, so I've encountered a few different types, though mostly zubat, but I've caught paras, spearow, bulbabsaur, and geodude, and had pidgey, psyduck, krabby, eevee, and ghastly nearby. Right now I'm luring, and have had several zubats and a paras approach. This thing is fun but damn it uses data! I think I'll try to use it on wifi where I can... hopefully there's a pokestop at work.. anyone know if they have hospitals as pokestops?!

Oh yes, I definitely saw gyms rotate between all three colours. The gym pokemon are mostly Hypno though, I'm not the only one with a Drowzee problem. I'm jealous of your Paras.

I think just about anything/anywhere can be a pokestops. The one in front of my work is an electric box, and like three or four by my house are bike signs.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2016, 01:25:01 AM »
I just had a look at the ingress map, and it looks like there are two around my work, nothing particularly close though, and that doesn't mean they'll be pokestops either! They could be nothing, or gyms, which won't help until later. Nothing is spawning at my house, either, and it's been 12 hours. The closest I've seen without luring is 2 footprints. I thought I'd be crawling with them with the parks so close! I've also got a few glitches, which is just my luck! The worst is where my screen freezes up, I believe that's a server issue though, maybe it'll get fixed. The first pokemon I caught got away because of it, I got him in the pokeball and then had to restart... and he was gone.  very disheartening. Another I've had a few times is that I'll get super close to a pokemon and it'll vanish. Like 1 footprint, or none, and then poof it's gone. Super annoying when I've spent ages tracking the darn thing.

Most of the stops around me are signs and electric boxes, and there's a couple of murals on shops, and one is the tiles on the shopping centre floors, haha! The problem with that one though is figuring out where in the centre you need to be. That can get messy, walking in a crowded shop looking at your phone, haha!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2016, 06:22:44 AM »
Is anyone here playing on a 1GB ram phone or tablet? I checked the website and it says the Minimum Ram is 1gb, just wondering if a cheap/older phone would run it at all.
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »
Team Blue here! My first egg hatched and it was a Vulpix :lovey:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »
Birds are by default my favourite pokemon, so I love all three, Moltes a little less than the other two only because Ho-oh is one of, if not my favourite legendaries. Zapdos was shamelessly my flyer in my childhood playthrough of blue, so I think it defaults to my favourite, but Articuno is so pretty, and fires my favourite type of the three... I don't want to miss out on one if they are exclusive to the team you choose so I need to think carefully.

My area is a Drowzee nest, I'd say like 80% is Drowzee by my house, with the sporadic Gastly around, but never close enough for me to catch at home.  >_< I'm surprised at how many water types are around though, I guess they like my neighbours' pools.

Haha, that sounds amazing to just hang out and reap the benefits from the comfort of your home.

Edit: Spoke too soon, there was a Gastly chilling in my room with me. And ah, there is a Weedle somewhere close by and I want it! Why are the ones that are dirt common in the games so rare in my area?  :lol:

If they had released gens 1 and 2 at the same time and Lugia was a choice for a team, there'd be no questions asked, I'd be on that team in a heartbeat. Lugia is my all time favorite legendary, and Ho-oh is up there too! The legendary birds from gen 1 are just... meh to me, but Zapdos is cool looking and I love electric types, so :lol: Plus I seem to have chosen correctly. The gym across the street from my house is usually controlled by Team Instinct, and the gym right next to where I work is also controlled by Team Instinct.

Yes! It was awesome just sitting outside and catching Pokemon. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I didn't feel like doing a lot of walking anyway.

Lol There are Drowzee all over where I work.

Did you catch that Gastly?

Is anyone here playing on a 1GB ram phone or tablet? I checked the website and it says the Minimum Ram is 1gb, just wondering if a cheap/older phone would run it at all.

How old is your phone? Because you'll have to make sure your OS is compatible with the app as well. As far as the RAM goes, my friend has an older-ish phone with the minimum amount of RAM, but she isn't able to play.

Here's a link to what you need to run the game.
Instagram / Want List

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
I'm really disappointed because my old Galaxy S3 can't handle it. I am eligible for an upgrade but my phone bill would go up $30 a month. Not worth it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal