collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies and Gingerbread (pic heavy)  (Read 1480 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
Ponies and Gingerbread (pic heavy)
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:50:15 AM »
It's gingerbread season!  I've spent all weekend (and part of last week) with my daughter building a gingerbread house for a school contest.  While she strictly forbade it to go to school with ponies she's allowed a photoshoot with some of her G4 minis (apparently kids at school may make fun of her if there are ponies on her gingerbread house  :mad:). 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here's the house with the special custom ornament Kaoskat made for us in the Holiday Custom Swap:

Anyone else make a gingerbread house and decorate it with ponies?  I'd love to see pictures of gingerbread pony cookies, gingerbread houses with ponies, Holiday themed photoshoots with G1 Gingerbread etc....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:03:13 AM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: Ponies and Gingerbread (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:53:25 AM »
Yum! I want to eat it!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:47:28 AM »
Oh my goodness that is so cute!! ^_^ I love the little stained glass window on the side. What is that purple and pink pegasus pony toy on top of the roof? I don't think I've ever seen it before. Is it G1 Locket?

Your daughter is not alone in being cautious about her likes. It's hard being a kid! My best friend has three kids and I get to hear stories about them all the time. Her oldest is 9-years-old. He likes watching FiM but he loudly tells her: "Don't say anything about ponies when you drop me off at school! The other kids can't know I watch it."
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
Oh my goodness that is so cute!! ^_^ I love the little stained glass window on the side. What is that purple and pink pegasus pony toy on top of the roof? I don't think I've ever seen it before. Is it G1 Locket?

Your daughter is not alone in being cautious about her likes. It's hard being a kid! My best friend has three kids and I get to hear stories about them all the time. Her oldest is 9-years-old. He likes watching FiM but he loudly tells her: "Don't say anything about ponies when you drop me off at school! The other kids can't know I watch it."

Looks like a g3 pony on top. I have that one I believe, don't remember her name..

When I'm at school I usually make it obvious because I could care less what they think, lol.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:55:52 AM by DappledHazel »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 06:58:06 AM »
Ooh that looks tasty and cute. Very talented.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 07:48:52 AM »

Looks like a g3 pony on top. I have that one I believe, don't remember her name..

When I'm at school I usually make it obvious because I could care less what they think, lol.

Correct!  It's Star Song.  She was my daughter's all-time favorite pony in G3 and she was heart broken when G4 didn't get an equivalent.  I think that particular mini-figure came with an activity book.

Post Merge: December 14, 2015, 07:51:26 AM

Kids are so mean.  I feel like there is a doughnut hole in allowable pony-fandom.  It's okay to like them until about age 7 and then they're taboo until high school maybe then it's okay because FIM is cool or something.  I wish people could just like what they like without getting flack for it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:51:26 AM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:55 AM »
That is the most creative gingerbread house I've ever seen! I especially love the Lego UniKitty making a special cameo appearance. ^_^
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
Wow, I love it!  It's so creative and yummy looking!  Love the stained glass windows and the Swedish fish koi pond. Makes me want to make a gingerbread house too!

Yeah, kids can be really mean.  I remember the girls in my class making fun of me for having My Little Pony stickers in my sticker book.  We weren't even that old, I think it was  third grade or fourth grade or so.  And they had been just as into MLPs as I was a couple years ago.  But suddenly ponies were "babyish".  It's hard being a kid.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 01:07:58 PM »
That is so festive and too cute! I love the Gingerbread house and especially how you added the ponies. Thank you for sharing so much cuteness!

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »
Are the roof shingles Necco wafers? They look so cute, and the perfect colors for a pony-themed gingerbread house!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
That's so cute! I'd love to try that. Gilda on the roof is a great touch, but I'm biased; I love gryphons. :P

Right now I have a pony "nativity" with Shining Armor and Cadance as Joseph and Mary, the other princesses as the three magi, Applejack as the shepherd and Star Catcher as the angel. :P An odd decoration for an atheist home, but I think it's a harmless and cute combination of sweetness and blasphemy.

Since their baby hasn't been born yet, Gummy is in the cradle. XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 03:32:43 PM »
Correct!  It's Star Song.  She was my daughter's all-time favorite pony in G3 and she was heart broken when G4 didn't get an equivalent.  I think that particular mini-figure came with an activity book.

They do make a G4 Star Song, but she's a Playskool figure. I think she comes in one of the two packs.

I get paranoid enough about it as an adult, I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be at that age, or worse, in middle school. Although it's good that he has a parent that's okay with it.

Anyway, that's a great looking Gingerbread house. The windows are an especially nice touch.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »
I really love this!  It's not a tradition we see much where I live in England, but I'd love to try it. 

As for the other kids at school, I feel a lot of sympathy. Ideally we would all live 'authentically' but realistically we live in an age where being able to manage what information other people have access to is really important. So this could be a useful exercise.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brighteyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 05:36:32 PM »
Thanks everyone!  We brought it into her school today so we'll know tomorrow how she did.  Here's the recipe and pattern we used: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/baking/documents/gingerbread.pdf 

Unikitty is her FAVORITE and is the only one who can stay on the gingerbread house.  I think, depending on how far Pony Fair is next year, we may try to make a true pony themed one with an open back and rooms with the accessories.  How cute would that be ^_^

I forgot about the chibi Starsong G4.  My daughter was really excited about her when those came out.  I should snag one for her stocking.

They are Necco wafers as shingles.  I really dislike that candy, but it makes great shingles!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal