collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What myths / creatures do you still believe in?  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
What myths / creatures do you still believe in?
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »
Today I was at wal-mart and picked up the season 1 DVDs for How To Train You Dragon. I've been a dragon buff since I was young. From video games to films, toys, and books, if it had a dragon, I wanted it! I still have some in my room. Some little kids toys, some robotics, plushies, and lots of books.
And not just dragons either, growing up my best friend and I couldn't get enough of mythical creatures. Every time the book fair came along we'd stock up on the latest mythical monster collection. I have all of them on a shelf underneath my bedside table along with books on urban legends and horror story monsters.
I just can't convince myself that some of the creatures don't exist. Even going to see the fake displays at the fair, I knew they wern't real but maybe the real one was out there somewhere.

Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Unicorns, Dragons, Chupacabras, fairies.
If they don't exist now they were in the past or maybe they'll appear in the future!

Are there any myths, mythical creatures, or urban legends you guys believe in?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What myths / creatures do you still believe in?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »
Umm... I just realized that I really don't have any.  How sad!  I suppose if there really are infinite alternate dimensions, then anything could be possible.  But we'll never meet up. :(
Sig art by SquarePeg!

HannahBeth333

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
Oh god what do I not believe in. Lol. I believe there are multiple gods, I believe in everything you mentioned. This world is huge theres no possible way we've discovered everything.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Offline DireRabbit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
I believe in extra terrestrial life, simply because the universe is too big and too...wonderful not not to have only one form of life! Though, scientifically speaking, that's not too far-fetched.
I'm actually a pretty skeptical person. Never seen a ghost, never met somebody who said they saw a ghost that I believe. There's always the little details, like "it was in the middle of the night and I just woke up and it was just there" (sleep paralysis, look that up) "It was when I was really young" (we all tell ourselves stories and sometimes we grow up believing them because it impressed family etc.)
Basically, I'm neutral on things like bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster because they could be real. But werewolves and dragons and magical unicorns ( :cry: ) I don't believe.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
All of them of course!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »
That meteors are from dragons pooping.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »
I wanted unicorns and magic to be real SO BAD as a kid, and honestly I still do. like while reading the harry potter books as a kid, i realized if i had gotten that letter i would have been so eager to believe it lol.

When I was really little i used to just spend hours playing in the woods, or if we were driving through the woods id just always be watching for unicorns, I wanted to see one so bad its almost a little too depressing to fully admit that they arnt real? xD I was kinda the same with mermaids but they always were kinda scary, not quite like little mermaid happy and all that. :p but I still loved them.

I believe in kinda supernatural stuff because iv always been able to feel it, but that doesnt really seem like the same thing. lol
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

valkyrie_fe

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 12:04:47 AM »
I'm in a weird in-betweenie state. I'm not terribly religious, and I put more stock in science than most things, but I do also believe there's a little more out there. To me, with how impossibly big the universe is, it seems absurd to think we're the only planet to contain life. If I remember my calculations right, there's supposed to be at least 10 billion planets very, very similar to Earth, statistically speaking! And if life found its way here, then surely it's not impossible on those other planets. Which is an exciting thought. But then life is infinitely diverse even on our own planet, so it's not impossible to say that it couldn't evolve elsewhere under completely different circumstances! And that's exciting too! And man I love science too much, haha.

On to the myths... I do believe in ghosts or spirits hanging around. I've had a couple odd experiences here and there. I believe in good/bad energies... and also karma. I can't say that I actually believe in bigfoot or anything of that sort, but those tv shows are kind of fun to watch when I'm bored. :P

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:51 AM »
I want Bigfoot to be real.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:51 AM »
the beast(s) of bodmin moors
puma/black panther/ big cat  stalking the moor !

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 03:26:54 AM »
I believe in ghosts, not so much that I think every ghost story is real, and every sound I hear is automatically a ghost, but more like, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be real.
I'll put something here some time

Offline ponybabe

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
To me, with how impossibly big the universe is, it seems absurd to think we're the only planet to contain life. If I remember my calculations right, there's supposed to be at least 10 billion planets very, very similar to Earth, statistically speaking! And if life found its way here, then surely it's not impossible on those other planets. Which is an exciting thought. But then life is infinitely diverse even on our own planet, so it's not impossible to say that it couldn't evolve elsewhere under completely different circumstances!

This I agree with :)

I also believe in ghosts since I've heard way too many stories about people seeing them and lots of them seem believable.

I don't know about mythical creatures but I'm open to the possibility that some may exist (e.g. mermaids), since new species are being discovered every day :)

Many thanks to Nence for my adorable sig with my cat Chani in it and Btd for my lovely avatar!

Dovetail

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 08:17:29 AM »
I'm still a big mythical creature girl! I think a lot of mine is that these things did exist at some point in time, Dragons for instance are known in many cultures across the world and the stories are all rather similar. How could so many people who are no where near each other have such similar stories based on imagination alone? Added to the fact that we can only see such a small spectrum of visible light, and only know such a tiny amount about the worlds around us, who's to say for sure what is really there.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »
I believe there is one God. I don't believe in anything magical, though.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »
I find it interesting that the US, China, South America, Europe, all have records of dragons long before they had contact with each other.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal