collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad seller (buy-for-less-online) and PayPal let me down  (Read 822 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
Bad seller (buy-for-less-online) and PayPal let me down
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
I've bought a new in box Rarity Equistria Girl from the seller buy-for-less-online http://myworld.ebay.nl/buy-for-less-online/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754 The package arrived fast but the box of the doll was damaged. It has a hole and cracks in the upper right corner. If I knew this before I wouldn't have bought her since I wanted to have one doll of those MIB for my own collection. I can't get in to a solution with the seller and opened a claim at PayPal. PayPal responded with the solution to send the item back with Track & Trace code and then I get a full refund. BUT the shippingcosts for sending it back will cost me 13,- euro's with code! The item costed me 14,91 euro without shipping. Seriously??? I'm sorry I'm so mad and just want to ventilate. It's not fair, it's not my mistake.

When PayPal really goes trough with this that means that every collector has a big risk at buying MIB or MOC items!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Bad seller (buy-for-less-online) and PayPal let me down
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
They are a pretty high volume seller but their feedback is atrocious  >_<

Unfortunately that is how the return process works. It stinks in most cases because the cost of sending it back is sometimes more than the item itself. My only advice is unless Ebay gives you a courtesy refund you are most likely going to have to send it back or be stuck with it and leave bad feedback. And going by the amount of sales they do per month, that neg. will be absorbed pretty easy without hurting their selling status. It's most likely the reason they are not willing to work anything out with you and the reason they have so many negs. for not resolving previous issues.

I am sorry for your troubles but that is why it is always important to view their feedback before purchasing. As I mentioned above it is atrocious, 89 negatives in one month?????? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:29 AM »
Yuck. :( How do you get 2400 negatives in a year and not get punished somehow?

But wow, that's pretty unacceptable... Once again, Paypal/eBay's solutions help no one.

Pumpkin, if you still want a MiB Rarity, you could always sell the damaged box one to someone on the Arena, and probably buy a nice MIB doll from here too. Then leave the seller whatever feedback you feel they deserve for sending you a damaged item.

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Yes I have to let it go, so stupid from me not to check out the negative feedbacks. I was a little bit to excited to buy her. I always though PayPal would really be a safe way to use. Well ding dong here's reality, there goes gravity.

Thank you so much for understanding! Just what I needed  :hope:

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »
I was totally going to suggest similar = I bet there are folks here who 1) either are not picky MIB or will 2) open it up and display loose so I would sell it and get another = not from that seller

leave the deserved negative feedback but yah, unless you are dealing with high priced items, the return is not worth considering it "protection" of ebay/paypal ( I have the same thing with a china seller for a prototype so boy do I relate with you right now! = huge hugs!!! it will get better)

thank goodness you have a re-sell population here

all the best and here is hoping for tasty lemonade (as the saying goes - when life hands you lemons...)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »
How frustrating!  Thanks for warning us all!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »
all the best and here is hoping for tasty lemonade (as the saying goes - when life hands you lemons...)

Hahaha that's a good one, I will remember that ;)

Oh yes they will get a big negative feedback that's for sure! I allready have her for sale.

Thank you all for the suggestions and the hugs!  :happy:

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 03:10:57 AM »
How disappointing! and their feedback = :yikes:  I'm glad to hear they are getting another well deserved neg too! .  Hopefully you'll be able to get a nice doll from someone here instead  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 02:09:26 PM »
A good ending to this story. I had filed in an complaint with PayPal and it turned out that they had sent an automatic responce first. Now had someone personally threated my claim and had given me a full refund! What a relief, not for the money but the risk of buying MIB or MOC etc.

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 03:03:42 PM »
So glad that you got your refund!  Hopefully you will find your perfect MIB soon :)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:37 PM »
I have stated this before, but I think it is a really good idea to use general information to determine who your seller is.  After reading the feedback, it is clear that this seller is no different than an online wal-mart, and merely stocks shelves, collects money, and fills orders.  It is likely a company with many employees (because one person alone can barely keep up with 100 orders per month), and none of them would likely be collectors. 

When you buy from a non-collector, or a large distributor and not an individual, there should be a general allowance for lack of attention to service.  You may not have picked that rarity off of a shelf because of a packaging flaw, but the seller picking it for you, is not inclined to pay attention to that.

While it is very nice that you received your refund, I would still keep in the back of your mind for the future to shop with reputable individual sellers who understand the value of not just the collectible, but its packaging as well.  You might pay a little extra, but it will be worth it.  It will save both you and your seller time, money, and any potential hurt feelings.

We should all always remember that there is no free lunch.  Everything we see and touch costs something to someone - even if it is not you.  So that bargain comes with a price as well - a 50/50 chance you will get what you would have picked for yourself if you were able to visit the factory and hand-select the item.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 05:54:04 PM by Stormy31685 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal