collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your current grail and why?  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Who is your current grail and why?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2020, 12:44:05 PM »
G3 Sunny Daze if anything. Been thinking it'd be nice to have her since I got my wallet that has her on it in 2008.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline StillandSilent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 07:10:47 PM »
Whirly, pearly baby Glory and Rattles and Tattles.  My dreams are quite small.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 05:17:01 AM »
I don't have one grail in particular, I have several that I have been dreaming of all my life. Mainsail, Locket, Flower Bouquet, Sugar Apple, Lady Flutter, Whirly, a perfectly deflocked Paradise, Wiggles, Daffodil, just to name a few... I don't know why these ponies are so special, probably because they release some sort of huge nostalgia vibe. They give me that ultimate My Little Pony feeling from my childhood. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 05:25:58 AM »
I'm still on the lookout for Heart Throb, Flower Bouquet and the plush version of Posey. Keeping my pony goals realistic!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 06:58:27 AM »
G1 Sweet Sundrop and G3 Winter Snow.

What can I say other than they're just both gorgeous?

|My Collection|

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 12:08:10 PM »
Ugh a couple: Diamond Dreams (childhood replacement), Cool Breeze (childhood wish fulfillment), TAF Buttons... oh, and two very elusive y10 accessories - Chocolate Delight's soda and Happy Hugs' lipstick!

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
I feel pretty done with ponies right now, but there's always the one, ya know? Port-o-bella. The one that I "can get later", but later never seems to roll around. :P
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline promqueen

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 01:02:10 PM »
MOC Raincurl because she's my favourite pony !

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 05:00:02 PM »

- UK variant birth pony March Daffodil- she's my birth month and i LOVE the Uk version's colors!

Not a UK variant, unfortunately, unless the UK moved to Australia or Scandinavia when I wasn't looking.
We didn't officially get any BF ponies here. Albeit we got some of the white ones as clearance at the end of the line.
UK - not a catchall for ponies not sold in the US.

On topic - this is a hard question for me actually. I have some MIP grails - Windy on UK card, Ripple on UK card, Rainbow Magic on UK card. All childhood ponies that I haven't yet tracked down. There are some others that I won't ever be able to afford, even if they exist, which isn't for sure (I had 3 Mountain Boys as a kid, right now we only know of one of them still existing as a MOC pony, the other two have never yet come up for sale). So I discount them.

Loose ponies - I'm gonna say Baby Sugarcake simply because - aside from the fact she's really cute - she's the MO pony completer and I've been looking for her for 20 years. It's not that she's rare (albeit she is not common!), she does come up for sale. But her price has risen over time more than my pony budget has risen. So I still don't have her.

There are some backcards as well. I am not sure if they count though...backcards are grailish to me <3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »
The one that I "can get later", but later never seems to roll around. :P

I've never seen such a perfect description for that feeling! That applies to sooo many ponies for me XP

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 12:08:37 AM »
-i want to buy all my childhood ponies again, i have most of my ponyvilles and one g3 brushable but everything else is lost to time. or maybe family and then some charity shop. or maybe the attic but nobody ever goes in the black hole above our house
-more wingers
-lets go for a massive step up: novia :P actually, i've been considering for a long time commissioning someone to customise a basic fun confetti or something like that... i don't think i'll ever get the real one and it seems fairly simple (rehair and symbols, her eye colour is close i believe) but i don't trust myself with painting stuff

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2020, 04:31:14 AM »
Oh man, a tough topic! Plenty of beautiful ponies I still need ... but when I think 'grail', I tend to think like, Rapunzel type ponies! (Price AND rarity!) So for me, I'm on the hunt for one of those super-big G3s, the blank ones they gave out to artists for the MLP Pony Project. I know there's some floating around in the community, but when the project first happened, I was on a super-tight budget in college, and I couldn't afford to buy one of the extras that seemed to be plentiful at the time. Now I'm looking for someone to resell theirs, I guess. She doesn't have to be MIP, I'd be happier with a loose one honestly! I just feel strangely drawn to blank ponies, something about the blank canvas draws me in!

I'm also hungry for a Baby Dancing Butterflies, and maybe a Baby Sweet Tooth! I know they're pricey, but they're so stinking cute! I wanted a Baby DB ever since I found out about her, but back then, even $50 seemed outlandish for one pony ... now they're more like $80-100! :yikes: But Dancing Butterflies was my first pony, and it feels fitting to have her baby! :heart:

In grail terms of 'not gonna break the bank', I'm still on the hunt for this one Equestria Girls set, where it had 'rocker Rarity' and a Rarity pony with extra paint around her eyes. I missed out on her in stores, and now I realize how cool she is!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »
Well, Mimic is an obvious answer, but what else..

Honestly, a big coveted prize for me is So Soft Gusty. I prefer So Soft to NSS, I really do. But the SS version seems to be decidedly rarer... Deflocking probably doesn't help.

Other than that... The Year Two adult Sea Ponies who didn't get released in the US, and the Year Three adult Sea Ponies. I love the adult Sea Ponies and want them all, but even the three released in the US in Year Two seem to be thin on the ground. I really hope Basic Fun does the Sea Ponies...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 06:21:14 AM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »
 Mountain Boy ponies Ice Crystal, Tornado, Thundercloud, and Sunburst. I have Fireball (albeit with a symbol flaw) and Lightning (I think? It might be Sunburst I have!). They're gone up in price so much in the 3 years I took a break from collecting. ^^;
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Skandalous

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »

G1s:

- Seaflower! She's the last sunshine pony I need to complete the set. I think the color-change-in-the-sun gimmick is SO COOL. I'll probably look for the sundazzle pony set afterwards  :P

- Dazzleglow- unpopular opinion, but I've decided I like the pink hearts version better than the variant. I narrowly missed an opportunity to buy the blue-hearts variant online and I take that as a blessing in disguise xD

- Winger Ponies! They're all grails, but my top favorite is Flurry. I fell in love with their vibrant colors and how TINY they are :heart:

- UK variant birth pony March Daffodil- she's my birth month and i LOVE the Uk version's colors!

- recently-coined grails: The Rainbow babies! Rainribbon, Starbow, Brightbow, Sunribbon- as it's almost the end of Pride Month, I'm now obsessed with collecting these dazzling rainbow dearies.

Eventually, I'll work to complete my twinkle-eye set... but that would include getting Mimic who is cOMPLETELY out of my budget if eBay prices are anything to go off of... -_-

UPDATE! got some grails :heart:

So updated G1 Grail list:

My top-top grail is actually an accessory ^^;

* Sippin' Soda Ponies- Chocolate Delight's soda float and Sweet Scoops's soda float.

- Windywings- Starry Wings, Cool Breeze, Moon Jumper, and Whirly!

- TAF babies- Baby Sweet Tooth, Baby Milky Way, Baby Sugarberry.

- Dazzleglow- unpopular opinion, but I've decided I like the pink hearts version better than the variant. I narrowly missed an opportunity to buy the blue-hearts variant online and I take that as a blessing in disguise xD

G2s: Mostly accessories to complete my sets

*Magic Star Swirl- complete with acc: I've always loved the Magician ponies, and she stood out the most to me. Not that I'm not looking to complete all the magician ponies, but she's my Grail of the group.

*Lady Elegant- complete with acc: She was one I always wanted as a child, from the first time I saw her info card on the back of my first G2 magazine  :inlove:

*Musician/Musical Pony acc- Rocky's castanets, Muse's star comb and panpipes, Jazzy's star comb: I had Melody as a child, and now I'm determined to complete the set! And if miracles do happen, maybe I'll find one that still plays music!  :lookround:

*Unicorns with Wings acc- Diamond glow's silver wings & star comb, Golden Glow II's star comb: my ABSOLUTE favorite set- just barely beating out the magicians. I managed to save my childhood copperglow and I'm SO close to completing the others  >_<

G2s have always been my favorites, and I've assigned a lot of sentimental value to them. I'm trying to complete my G2 collection in honor of my French grandparents who passed away last summer. We used to buy/collect them together, and G2s are closely tied to those happy memories. Once I complete my favorite sets, I'll move on to the more common ones.

:rainbow:Skandy's G2 Wishlist:rainbow:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal