Pony Talk > Introductions

A Citizen of Ponyland Returns

(1/5) > >>

cirrusrose:
A Warm Greetings & Salutations Everypony,

Some of you may know me from eBay, some may know me from the Arena, and others may not know me at all. I'm rather shy and generally try to keep to myself (think: FiM Fluttershy). I was once a big part of a (completely different) BB in the mid 90s, but alas I got burned so as a personal rule I don't post very much. If anyone asks me a question though, I will do my best to respond asap, I'm actually really friendly, quirky and fun once I get over my painfully shy nature. I really do love the Arena and have learned so much wisdom from browsing posts and bathing in the wealth of information fellow collectors generously share. I'm honored to be a part of this online community.

Let's Get Personal Personal:

Sure thing, Oprah... bring it on...

How old are you? 30 (gah! how did this happen?)

Where do you live? State/Country? Australia, Queensland, the state of natural disasters

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? Currently a starving artist / free spirit

Who are the important people in your life? My parents, friends, hunny bunny and anyone who marches to their own drum, whether I have met you or not, you are an inspiration

Let's Talk About Ponies:

Why thank you, Oprah...

How long have you been collecting? Since 1987, through the early days of eBay when there was no Paypal and you had to send money orders across the globe through the dodgy mail system for an overpriced common pony with tail rust... my humble beginnings. And then there was the Arena ;)

Which generations of ponies do you collect? All of them muhahaha! However my heart is with the G1's, that's what I grew up with.

What made you want to collect ponies? I saw some David Copperfield TV special (or something similar) and thought magicians were cool. So one day I saw Magic Message Magic Hat at my local toy store in the 80s, her symbol was *ultra magical* to my mind at the time, so I bought her! Somehow I acquired a Bow Tie a week later from a yard sale, and the rest is history. However since the only ponies I owned were in what's known as the "shy pose", as a child I was shocked to learn that they come in different poses LOL.

Tell us about your collection! Being humble and not mentioning numbers, I have a a vast collection of G1's, a handful of G2's, a large collection of G3's and now the G4's have bewitched me. My favorite pony of all generations is probably Shoreline (Sunshine Pony), however the smell from Candy Cane/Sweetberry ponies takes me straight back to being a kid in the 80s. I also try to track down the original brush, comb & ribbon to most of my G1 ponies - it's not as easy as I thought it would be LOL.

I also collect many other toys: Strawberry Shortcake (all generations); Care Bears; Glo Friends; She-Ra - Princess of Power; Popcorn Pretties; Cupcakes; Lady Lovely Locks; Cutie Club; Kidgetts; Jem; Wish World Kids; Moondreamers; G1 Polly Pocket; Winx Club; Hollywoods (Tonka); Zoobles; My Scene & Pink Box Barbie (1980s-2004). I also customize dolls and restore My Little Ponies with bad haircuts. My toy collection is huge but currently resides in large boxes until I manifest a dedicated toy room in my life *I wish* *I wish*

Oh yes, I'm a brony too!

So if you've lasted this long, thanks for reading and may good fortune reward you for your time.

~ Peace ~
Cirrus Rose

kittybethy:
Wow! Welcome to the Arena!

Great to have you.

cirrusrose:
Thanks kittybethy! :D

SourdoughStomper:
Welcome to the new Arena, cirrusrose! :welcome: Shoreline is awesome! I just got her a couple days ago. :lovey: :sunny:

cirrusrose:
Thanks SourdoughStomper! Yeah Shoreline rocks, congrats on getting her! A sun wearing sunglasses is just too cool a symbol to pass up LOL! :D :lovey:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version