collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll clothing self-challenge: Clothing Storage (pg. 21)  (Read 15171 times)

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: Doll clothing self-challenge: Clothing Storage (pg. 21)
« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2013, 07:48:47 AM »
Welcome back Salli!

Thanks for the link to the tiny zippers! I keep trying to find those but it seems like most places want you to buy them in bulk! I may try to order some zippers and snaps, I've been tempted to try snaps instead of Velcro but I can never find tiny enough ones in the fabric store.

I didn't get a whole lot of sewing done this summer. :S But I did recently make a few pairs of leggings for MH dolls, and a headband! I'm working on a outfit for a commission right now. It's taking me WAY too long to complete! I'll be excited to post pics of it when I'm done though, because I'm really excited for how it will turn out!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
My dolls are SO GROUNDED!! They have trashed their shoe vault!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

jk ;) it was me  :blush: We had a big photoshoot this week and shoes and clothes are everywhere!!! I am grounding myself.
Anyhow, I wanted to post my storage that I have finished. This was formerly a bead organizer that I got for free and I spray painted it white with Krylon Fusion for plastic. Then I fastened it to the wall of one of my doll shelves and now it's a lovely shoe closet. It is so much easier to shop from than other containers when I need shoes and it fits right in with my living vicariously through my dolls because I wish I had a shoe vault and that many shoes.

I forgot that I started using this medicine container for my doll earrings and bracelets (they are SO SMALL!!) and it works amazingly well. I even have the jewelry kind of arranged by color, golds go in yellow, silvers and blue go in blue, etc... I want to either take off the black writing with acetone or decorate the lids with stickers. I am going to try the acetone first because I like being able to see through the lids so I can find stuff without having to open every compartment.

I am going to try using trading card protector pages for my smaller clothes, I will keep you update on how that goes...

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
Salli?

Can we trade brains for alittle while?

I promise I'll give it back once I get my dolly stuffs organized :bateyes:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
Salli?

Can we trade brains for alittle while?

I promise I'll give it back once I get my dolly stuffs organized :bateyes:

Oh man, I wish you could see my office right now and have a good laugh. Holy cow, fabric EVERYWHERE for Halloween costume last-minute-madness!! All of my doll clothes are in a big, deep drawer. I should get a pic of the drawer before and after.

UPDATE: got the tiny zippers, eyelets and snaps I ordered from the company I posted, everything looks great!

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2013, 01:08:52 PM »
Salli I love your dolly shoe closet!

I got two scrapbooking organizers recently that are like little briefcases and open on both sides, with compartments on one side for embellishments and a bigger space on the other for paper. It works perfectly for my daughter's Barbie clothing! We put shoes and accessories in the smaller compartments on the deeper side, with shirts and pants in the bigger compartments, then the other side is big enough to fit the full dresses. It works great and her barbie stuff is not all over the floor because she's trying to dig out the clothes! I'll have to see if I can take a pic, my camera's being weird right now.c

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2013, 07:45:48 AM »
Okay, got my binder mostly done. It needs some more labeling and I want to try to think of a way to keep the clothes from walking out of their little pockets but it beats the 'drawer of doom'. It also inspires me to make more clothes.

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2013, 08:31:59 AM »
That looks very cool, Salli!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal