collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Saturday Morning Cartoons  (Read 4718 times)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Morning Cartoons
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
*squeals*

Thought of some more for the 90s children!

Kipper the Dog, Ethelbert the Tiger, Pablo the Little Red Fox, Yo Ho Ahoy!, the Rubbadubbers, Mopatop's Shop, 64 Zoo Lane, TOTS TV, Polka Dot Shorts, Rosie and Jim, The Shiny Show, Storymakers, Andy Pandy, Bear in the Big Blue House, Meg and Mog, Come Outside (Pippin), Funnybones..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:07:19 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »
My memories are somewhat similar. We didn't have cable when I was young, and I remember watching Power Rangers, TMNT (I think they were more on during the week?) and X Men. I was a huge X Men fan. I used to visit my grandmother for a few weeks when I was younger, and she had cable. I think at her house I watched a lot of Nicktoons such as Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy and Rocco's Modern Life....lol not to be strange, but I do remember watching MLP Tales at my friends house a lot when I visited her.

My memories of Saturday morning cartoons are somewhat scattered. I was raised on a farm, but both my parents had full time regular jobs (Lawyer & Nurse). The farm was a kind of side thing, but they still raised horses and cattle. It was a lot to care for, so most of it was done on the weekends. My Saturday mornings even as a young child were spent out in the fields helping build fence or riding one of the horses. Less cartoons for me. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
Kipper the Dog, Ethelbert the Tiger, Pablo the Little Red Fox, Yo Ho Ahoy!, the Rubbadubbers, Mopatop's Shop, 64 Zoo Lane, TOTS TV, Polka Dot Shorts, Rosie and Jim, The Shiny Show, Storymakers, Andy Pandy, Bear in the Big Blue House, Meg and Mog, Come Outside (Pippin), Funnybones..
A lot of them are new millenium cartoons to me :P I've never heard of them until I went into college, and some of them even later! Heck, I've never heard of some of them (Meg and Mog, Come Outside, Funnybones) all my life :P

Polka Dot Shorts
Hmmm, only seen something called Polka Dot House tho. Which bills itself as some sort of reality TV series starring puppets and humans. Definitely mind-blowing.

Also, surprising that many are calling Rugrats and Doug Saturday morning cartoons. While they had appeared on Saturday morning slots for a season or two some point in my life, my earliest recollection of them were weekday after-school television :P Indeed, I first watched Rugrats on an evening after school, and watched the last episode on a weekday after college :P

Fun Fact: the R in my nickname stands for Rugrats.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:16:15 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
Oh man... I wanted to watch so many of these but we only got channels 6, 9, and 12 and 13 if lucky (6 had NOTHING good ever...).  I loved Spiderman, Digimon, and Batman when older and was allowed to watch more.  I so wanted to watch the Super Mario Bros Super show and got some on dvd now.  And Sonic.  LOVED Sonic.  My mom hated that show.  I also liked the Wizard of Oz.  I read all the books and loved watching the show.  My dad hated that one, haha.  "the mouth doesn't match what she is saying!  How can you watch this?".  I remember Astro Boy, TMNT (wasn't allowed to watch it though... only saw 2 eps), Gargoyles was awesome but another 'I don't know if this is a good show for you'.  I loved Aladdin, and wanted to watch The Little Mermaid but it was never on in our area. Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Duck Tales (a fave for me... gotta love Unca Scrooge)... sigh.  I didn't get to watch any of the 'girlier' shows though like I wanted (Rainbow Brite... man I wanted to watch that.  And MLP... saw half a newborn baby ep once... I really wanted to watch Sailor Moon but there was no way my parents would allow that one).  Now I get my fill of cartoons... and they just arent as good as they were when we were little.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
anyone remember ramblin rod?

im a toon head..always have been always will be...i love a good cartoon..i miss the likes of hanna barbera and WB...droopy, underdog, mighty mouse the ORIGINAL scooby doo...i remember when gi joe heman and all the 80s stuff came out but i dont remember much good for cartoons not untill disney came along and changed everything..gummi bears, duck tale, darkwing tailspin...i remember alot of BIG gaps of well..JUNK cartoons with a few moments here and there..like mtv "the maxx" or aeon flux..ren and stimpy  2 stupid dogs power puff girls......im certain ive forgotten more cartoons that i liked than ill ever know

some things i clung onto as hard as i could..gummy bears, animaniacs tiny toons and..sailor moon

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
Ah yeah, totally forgot about Sailor Moon! And X-Men, too, for shame! Loved those cartoons! :D
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »
A lot of them are new millenium cartoons to me :P I've never heard of them until I went into college, and some of them even later! Heck, I've never heard of some of them (Meg and Mog, Come Outside, Funnybones) all my life :P

Hmmm, only seen something called Polka Dot House tho. Which bills itself as some sort of reality TV series starring puppets and humans. Definitely mind-blowing.

Also, surprising that many are calling Rugrats and Doug Saturday morning cartoons. While they had appeared on Saturday morning slots for a season or two some point in my life, my earliest recollection of them were weekday after-school television :P Indeed, I first watched Rugrats on an evening after school, and watched the last episode on a weekday after college :P

Fun Fact: the R in my nickname stands for Rugrats.

Aw, bless! But I'm only little.. XD Those shows were all on when I was pretty small, so late nineties - early 2000s. It's perhaps different because of locations. Most of the shows I mention are exclusively British, unsurprisingly, because of where I live.. :P

We get different shows over here. Also I've never had Sky or Cable or whatever, when I was younger it was either analogue TV or later on it became Freeview (when Freeview had just been released). We had the CBBC, Cbeebies, Milkshake and CITV channels, I don't think they exist anywhere else really!

'Come Outside' is popularly known as 'Pippin' over here. It wasn't a cartoon: I think I mentioned somewhere that I was listing shows as well as cartoons.. if not, do excuse me! It was about a dog called Pippin, and the adventures that she and her owner, 'Aunty Mabel' went on in their spotty aeroplane. They'd often acquire things, and go behind the story of how that happened (and teach kids about the world) - for example, an apple orchard, to show how we get apples. It was very popular.. I know a lot of people who were heartbroken when Pippin died. :c

Rugrats was indeed shown in the mornings when I was a child. ^.^ As well as after school, I remember them playing it quite a lot. Must've seen almost every episode.
Fight like a girl..

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »
Aw, bless! But I'm only little.. XD Those shows were all on when I was pretty small, so late nineties - early 2000s. It's perhaps different because of locations. Most of the shows I mention are exclusively British, unsurprisingly, because of where I live.. :P

We get different shows over here. Also I've never had Sky or Cable or whatever, when I was younger it was either analogue TV or later on it became Freeview (when Freeview had just been released). We had the CBBC, Cbeebies, Milkshake and CITV channels, I don't think they exist anywhere else really!

'Come Outside' is popularly known as 'Pippin' over here. It wasn't a cartoon: I think I mentioned somewhere that I was listing shows as well as cartoons.. if not, do excuse me! It was about a dog called Pippin, and the adventures that she and her owner, 'Aunty Mabel' went on in their spotty aeroplane. They'd often acquire things, and go behind the story of how that happened (and teach kids about the world) - for example, an apple orchard, to show how we get apples. It was very popular.. I know a lot of people who were heartbroken when Pippin died. :c

Rugrats was indeed shown in the mornings when I was a child. ^.^ As well as after school, I remember them playing it quite a lot. Must've seen almost every episode.
Well, back in my early school days, we only had 3 TV channels (RTM1, RTM2 and TV3) :P free to view satellite television receivers are banned in Malaysia, and Pay TV didn't become available until 1994 (and even then my parents were adamant on signing up), so my choice of channels were very limited. TV3 carried a lot of the best programming in those days (Disney Afternoon shows like Duck Tales and Nickelodeon shows like Rugrats- those were on TV3) though RTM2 had some of the older 70s cartoons like The Flintstones and The Cantinflas Show in their listing.

Admittingly, I'm a toon-head too. Specifically, one who enjoys slice-of-life cartoons. So yeah.

As for CBeebies, well, we have that here too. And the history of me trying to get the channel is nothing short of an adventure and full of disappointment before finally earning my happy ending- and I'm going to leave it at that since the story is practically the length of a short novel (to me, CBeebies is the holy grail channel of slice of life cartoons :3 ). Should be noted tho, the CBeebies here is a pay channel and is a little different from the one in the UK (for example, they actually carry Humf, which in proper should be on Nick Jr).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:49:21 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Estelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
Oh Gosh, I remember alot of Cartoons and shows I use to watch when I was younger.
Sailor Moon, The original Dragonball and then Dragonball Z, TMNT, ThunderCats, The original Scooby Doo, Powerpuff Girls, Dexters Lab, Courage the cowardly dog, Pokemon, Digimon, Disney Afternoon shows, Rugrats, Power Rangers, The Flintstones, Gargoyles, Doug, Woody the Wood Pecker, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, CatDog, Cow and Chicken, Doug,  Bear in the Big Blue House, Wishbone, Sabrina, Care Bears, The Wild Thornberrys,  Johnny Bravo, Popeye, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Hey Arnold and Loony Toons.  ^.^

I think I watched to much Tv as a kid....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal