collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Mix Ponies!  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Dolly Mix Ponies!
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:01:51 PM »
Lets see....In a swap I got a Dolly Mix G1 Firerfly. She was cute and fun...and exciting...but she came across the sea..so I gave up hope.....well now I got my hands on a G1 Gusty...sitting...AND SHE IS SO CUTE!!!! So here is the question.

Are they hard to find over seas?
Is there a huge list like wave blind bags?
Are some characters hard to find?
What is the orice for them...minus shipping?

I am thinking about collect them....feel free to add any info that would be helpful.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Dolly Mix Ponies!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
Ok here we go...

Are they hard to find over seas?
They are only for sale retail in the UK - when they were out they were pretty easy to track down and even now some supermarkets still carry them [I think my local Morrisons superstores still have them]

Is there a huge list like wave blind bags?
Just 20: FIREFLY, PRINCESS SPARKLE, POWDER, CHERRIES JUBILEE, LEMON DROP, MAIN SAIL, BLOSSOM, SHADY, TIC TAC TOE, LICKETY SPLIT, APPLEJACK, GLORY, SUNDANCE, BLUEBELLE, GUSTY, MINTY, MEDLEY, SNUZZLE, COTTON CANDY, HEART-THROB

Are some characters hard to find?
They are sold in boxes of 10 - which the supplier says are "mixed" but from experience when I was picking them up for people if you get a box of 10 you "normally" find most are unique and you may just get 1 or 2 unlucky doubles. For that reason I would say they are all about equal for "common-ness" perhaps with Lickty Split, Heart Throb and Firefly just seeming to come up a little more often [but that could just be coincidence!]

What is the orice for them...minus shipping?
They cost about £1.50 to £2 in shops per bag however they are very very "blind bags" without the same "cheating codes" as the new G4 Hasbro blind bags. You can order them direct from the supplier but they only sell by the box so you have to purchase at least 10 and you will not be guaranteed to get 10 different ones just whatever the box contains. You may have more luck posting a want thread as I am sure a lot of people still have plenty for trade or sale! Here is a link to the supplier just in case...http://www.thelittlefactory.com/my-little-pony.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
I would like them, myself! I've never seen them in real life but they are so cute, judging from the photos!

Here's the my little wiki page about them, showing the ones available. Maybe other people can give you the other information you're looking for

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Dolly_Mix

Edit: Oooo nice hathorcat! I learned new stuff too! ^.^

As a G3 collector... is that information you posted there just for the G1's? >.> Are the G3's still available anywhere, or are they an old 'wave' so to speak?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:52:43 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
There isn't a huge list of Dollymix ponies, in all there are two waves: one with 7 ponies (which are the G3 core seven), and the other which is the current wave here in the UK, featuring 20 G1 ponies.

They're sold for £1.99 (approx $3.18) over here in stores. I've only found them in Morrisons, one supermarket chain. I've never seen the G3 wave being sold, only the G1s.

I'd say that the common G1 Dollymix ponies are Powder, Heart Throb, Cherries Jubilee, Powder and Princess Sparkle.

More difficult to find are Applejack, Lickety Split, Sundance, Minty and Shady.

I currently have Gusty, Tic-Tac-Toe and Mainsail, and I've traded away a Glory.. the Dollymix ponies I'm still searching for are AJ, Firefly and Sundance. :happy:

I find their manes ridiculously hard to groom, though. Their hair is different than those used in normal sized ponies.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:54:56 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline KaibaGirl007

• Blue Eyes pony
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • Depends Pony
  • Screw the rules, I have ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »
It took me ages and far too much money to get a complete set of these, so be warned, they will eat a hole in your bank account :P 

I thought they had stopped doing these months ago but recently found some in ASDA though they didn't have many on the hanging strip (only 4 which I snapped up for another member) and they were still £1.50 there.
FOR SALE! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On holiday between 18th to 26th April; unable to reply to messages during that time

Offline MLPBlue

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »
how funny i was over run with applejacks and shadys when i was buying them!! i had all the batch you needed brightside!!

i still need 3 but i cant remember which 3 i must go find this out now were on the subject

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
I would like them, myself! I've never seen them in real life but they are so cute, judging from the photos!

Here's the my little wiki page about them, showing the ones available. Maybe other people can give you the other information you're looking for

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Dolly_Mix

Edit: Oooo nice hathorcat! I learned new stuff too! ^.^

As a G3 collector... is that information you posted there just for the G1's? >.> Are the G3's still available anywhere, or are they an old 'wave' so to speak?

I believe the G3s were the previous "wave" as its been ages since I have seen them the only ones I occasionally still stumble upon are what the supplier calls "retro" G1 ponies. I think the problem with older stock is because of the sweeties in the bags...they dont have a long shelf life...terrible for a supermarket but the last set of these I picked up were all out of date [something like October 11 on the bags of sweets!] and this was about 8 months or so ago! I would guess because of the food content they "should" have a strict shelf life which means once they are out of date the whole bag [pony included] will be disposed of. So the G3s I would doubt are anywhere any more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
how funny i was over run with applejacks and shadys when i was buying them!! i had all the batch you needed brightside!!

i still need 3 but i cant remember which 3 i must go find this out now were on the subject

:o What!? That's incredible! I haven't seen a single Shady.. She's desperately evading me. I'm not keen on her as a regular pony, but the Dollymix version is adorable.
Fight like a girl..

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »
You can order them directly from The Little Company that makes them. They are £19.90 for a box plus £10 shipping to the USA.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
so tempted to order these from that company...

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
I really want a Dolly Mix Gusty, she's so cute! I haven't seen anyone selling any lately though  :(

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
I have several of them, most of which I got through trading. Back when they first came out, I didn't have a PayPal account, so it made getting them quite difficult. My first one, Lickety Split, I won in a random drawing on here. Then I got most of the others through trades. I just bought the last two I was looking for (Gusty and Snuzzle) this year. I was tempted to complete the set, but with the G4 blind bags (not to mention all the regular sized ponies) draining my wallet as it was, I changed my mind. In the end, I managed to get Cherries Jubilee, Blossom, Applejack, Cotton Candy, Snuzzle, Lickety Split, Gusty and Sundance.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 09:27:25 PM »
You can order them directly from The Little Company that makes them. They are £19.90 for a box plus £10 shipping to the USA.

Can sompony please note me the link to their site. owo Im so gonna order me a box.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Also bought some at ASDA for £1.50 each, still wondering why the factory sells it for more  :blink:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 12:10:02 AM »
Also bought some at ASDA for £1.50 each, still wondering why the factory sells it for more  :blink:

The Little Factory must be selling them for retail price and ASDA got a reduced wholesale price for making a large buy to resell.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal