collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *Share your memories of King's Quest!*  (Read 4489 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: *Share your memories of King's Quest!*
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 07:57:21 AM »

--- How about --- Make a *true* KQ (9) game with Alexander and Cassima in the lead roles?!  :biggrin: :P

OMG! I wish they would!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 09:27:52 AM »
My ex knows/used to know nearly everyone at Sierra who worked on the series.  He collects Sierra games and had nearly a whole shelf devoted to KQ stuff. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »
I loved playing Kings Quest- especially 4 and 5 (was that the one with the unicorn? I loved that one...)  I remember getting stuck on the puzzles and my sister and I would be stuck sometimes for WEEKS (not like now when you get stuck on a game and the internet is there for you).

I do remember getting very stressed out about some of the trickier parts-  and the poor animation (great for its time but still leaving much to be desired) gave me dreams that I was semi-blind, haha

I've been playing the remade KQ 1 - 3- they look great!  The real test will be when KQ4 starts- Hope they finish soon!

My ex knows/used to know nearly everyone at Sierra who worked on the series.  He collects Sierra games and had nearly a whole shelf devoted to KQ stuff.

Skeen please tell me when KQ4 is coming out!! :D

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: *Share your memories of King\'s Quest!*
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »

That's awesome!!  ^.^

Post Merge: August 09, 2016, 09:53:43 AM

I loved playing Kings Quest- especially 4 and 5 (was that the one with the unicorn? I loved that one...)  I remember getting stuck on the puzzles and my sister and I would be stuck sometimes for WEEKS (not like now when you get stuck on a game and the internet is there for you).

I do remember getting very stressed out about some of the trickier parts-  and the poor animation (great for its time but still leaving much to be desired) gave me dreams that I was semi-blind, haha

I've been playing the remade KQ 1 - 3- they look great!  The real test will be when KQ4 starts- Hope they finish soon!

Yeah, haha #4 is with the unicorn :)
http://www.vgmpf.com/Wiki/images/5/5b/King%27s_Quest_4_-_DOS_-_Unicorn.png

--
Looking forward to the finished game!  It looks promising! Hopefully they'll do something better with that close up though, ugh!  >_< :lol:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:53:43 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
Skeen please tell me when KQ4 is coming out!! :D

No idea, sorry.  Since Mr. Skeen is gone I don't follow his interests anymore. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
Aw, of course. Sorry for mentioning it :P

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »
Nah, it's cool.  :)

I remember playing KQ7 with Aadra when we were in middle school and being terrified of the Boogeyman.  Oh!  And the sense gnomes in KQ6.

On a funny note, I played the KQ6 version with the voices, and I remember one scene where Alexander is trying to get a seaman to speak to him.  Clicking somewhere in the scene will prompt the narrator to say, "Alexander refuses to leave until he knows how Cassima feels about him," or something.  Well, technology being what it was back in the day, the voices weren't exactly crystal clear, and I was convinced the narrator was saying, "Alexander refuses to leave until he knows how the seaman feels about him."  And I was like, "WTF does he care what some old sailor thinks about him?!" It wasn't until YEARS later I realized the girl's name was Cassima and that's what the narrator was saying.  Wow. 

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
So, it's totally crazy that I never played those games when I was a kid. I played all kinds of computer games back then, especially games made by Sierra, but somehow I missed their most popular franchise of the time!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: *Share your memories of King\'s Quest!*
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 08:08:34 PM »
Nah, it's cool.  :)

I remember playing KQ7 with Aadra when we were in middle school and being terrified of the Boogeyman.  Oh!  And the sense gnomes in KQ6.

On a funny note, I played the KQ6 version with the voices, and I remember one scene where Alexander is trying to get a seaman to speak to him.  Clicking somewhere in the scene will prompt the narrator to say, "Alexander refuses to leave until he knows how Cassima feels about him," or something.  Well, technology being what it was back in the day, the voices weren't exactly crystal clear, and I was convinced the narrator was saying, "Alexander refuses to leave until he knows how the seaman feels about him."  And I was like, "WTF does he care what some old sailor thinks about him?!" It wasn't until YEARS later I realized the girl's name was Cassima and that's what the narrator was saying.  Wow.

Oooohh the sense gnomes, and boogeyman..omg I was terrified of them !! XD More so of the sense gnomes, lol..

:lol: :lol: :lol: Cassima : the seaman hehe
The sailor I thought was kinda hitting on Alexander.. brings a whole new meaning to the game!  :biggrin:

Oh I just realized.. Both father and son were trying to find girls in a tower.. ha!

Post Merge: August 10, 2016, 08:11:25 PM

So, it's totally crazy that I never played those games when I was a kid. I played all kinds of computer games back then, especially games made by Sierra, but somehow I missed their most popular franchise of the time!

Aww! You missed some great game play! :) Sierra had some amazing games... ^.^
Happy Birthday btw! :party:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:11:25 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Skeen

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 08:51:19 AM »
Sweet Stuff, I'm 99% sure "Girl in the Tower" played at my wedding. 

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 09:58:04 AM »
Sweet Stuff, I'm 99% sure "Girl in the Tower" played at my wedding.

:whoa: :whoa:
Although I'm sorry you and Mr. Skeen didn't work out, the KQ nerd in me is flipping!! haha! That's pretty cool :)

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
My Loot. I had two copies of 7 and one would glitch. I think my favorite part of 6 was the afterlife? underworld? and the scariest thing ever was the Minotaur. I loved 7. 5 I played with my dad the first time and oh man that was fun. We'd draw out maps for the desert and ocean and the labyrinth.

1 - 4 were text commands and I had a terrible time with those because I was awful at spelling and it wanted specific phrasing. The best part was in #2 where you have to give the caged bird to the shop keeper and my brother and I just couldn't get it right and ended up typing 'give woman the bird' and laughing like the little kids we were.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:20:37 PM by telelle_wings »

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:40 PM »
My Loot. I had two copies of 7 and one would glitch. I think my favorite part of 6 was the afterlife? underworld? and the scariest thing ever was the Minotaur. I loved 7. 5 I played with my dad the first time and oh man that was fun. We'd draw out maps for the desert and ocean and the labyrinth.

1 - 4 were text commands and I had a terrible time with those because I was awful at spelling and it wanted specific phrasing. The best part was in #2 where you have to give the caged bird to the shop keeper and my brother and I just couldn't get it right and ended up typing 'give woman the bird' and laughing like the little kids we were.

Oohh! ::grabby hands on your KQ5 CD!:: I still have my CD copies of 6 and 7 too. :)

I hated that part of 6 - the whole Minotaur / Winged Ones . .that princess was so annoying!! The logic cliffs were pretty cool though. :) Hated the dying part obviously. I was scared of the old man (genie) too..lol

And the zombies... Aahhh!!

:lol: :lol:
 Thanks for sharing :D

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2016, 01:10:40 AM »
The King's Quest games are some of my favorites, and will always hold a special place in my heart. I just wish Phoenix would get the last part of The Silver Lining out already. xD
I actually spent a lot of time on the Silver Lining forums back in the day and I remember all the things they'd originally wanted to do with it back when they called it KQ9 (before getting a few C&Ds from various companies that owned the rights at different points)
I have only seen a few minutes of the 'new' one and though it's quite different from the old point and click adventures what I saw of it looked fun.
Anyone here ever read any of the novels? My little bro has all three of them I believe but I could be wrong on that. They are a lot of fun too and fit within the world that the games created quite well.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 09:51:58 AM »
The King's Quest games are some of my favorites, and will always hold a special place in my heart. I just wish Phoenix would get the last part of The Silver Lining out already. xD
I actually spent a lot of time on the Silver Lining forums back in the day and I remember all the things they'd originally wanted to do with it back when they called it KQ9 (before getting a few C&Ds from various companies that owned the rights at different points)
I have only seen a few minutes of the 'new' one and though it's quite different from the old point and click adventures what I saw of it looked fun.
Anyone here ever read any of the novels? My little bro has all three of them I believe but I could be wrong on that. They are a lot of fun too and fit within the world that the games created quite well.

Me too :)

Yeah same here! I just got to play the first chapter of The Silver Lining.. I went ahead and watched a walkthrough of the others lol.. :blush: The attention to detail in characters and the background stories are amazing!

Not too thrilled about this new KQ game..imho. Not a fan of the interface or storyline.. The first chapter seems OK, but I saw the Once Upon a Climb chapter, and it was a letdown.  :huh:
Christopher Lloyd as Graham is cool, I suppose.. but to me, they made him and Valanice too old/frail?? Idk.. I understand it's in the far future but hmm. Idk.. :)  :lookround:

I have the novels! :D To me, The Floating Castle was the best. :) 
I always thought it would've been cool if they made a KQ movie or trilogy. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal