collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 Vintage Littlest Pet Shop Dog ID Helps? Steel Ball Chest & Mystery Spaniel  (Read 555 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Recently, I got 3 LPS dogs.
I don't collect these, so I'm not real familiar with what all sets they had. So, of course I go on the internet to look it up at vintage LPS sites and stuff but after SO much searching I just.....can't...find this one dog! I'm so frustrated that I'm posting here (sorry) I hope someone knows what it could be or where to look because I'd like these to find new homes.

It's a crouching brown dog with wooly cloth tail
It has pale points and is mostly darkish umber brown
Has steel ball bearing set in the chest (where chest touches floor)
Of course, I find other similar dogs but not this certain one.

Some kind of spaniel?
All plastic dog can turn the head
BUT
It has markings unlike ANY of the other spaniels I can find. The head is all brown with brown ears and white nose/lips
But the body is NOT brown it just has brown tail top, brown 'collar' around neck, tiny dots on feet & 1 big dot on each hip. I swear others have the same head but this guy's body is diff.

There's like...4 spaniels and none are marked like this. There's even a tricky one that's close, but still not it. The only one I can't find/see is the "checkup" spaniel because every time there's a photo the thing's wearing a......cover? So you can't see the body.

Since these aren't pony, I didn't really know where else to put this to seek help. Any hints are greatly appreciated!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
It's not the check-up spaniel. That spaniel stands up on two legs, not fuzzy tail.

Can you post a picture of your dog? Did you say the head moves or does not move?

There aren't many like the one that you describe- ball bearing chest, fuzzy tail. It's either one of the following, or it's a custom (or even more unlikely, a prototype):

Fearless Friends shepherd
Twinkling Sled husky

Post Merge: January 26, 2016, 03:40:17 PM

Ah, reading this again I see you are looking for the identity of two different dogs... then I really think the first one is the shepherd from the Fearless Friends club.

And the spaniel... maybe the Care Center pup, if yours stands up on two legs... I need to do some more research.

... okay, I think you have the spaniel from "Take Care Pup".  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:48:46 PM by ponyqueen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info that it's not check up...that one was bothering me with the coat of mystery on it.

I would imagine this could be a shepherd

After all they look kind of like the breed but also a little not.

The spaniel is this

It can move the head because it seems to be on a peg.

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Thanks for the photos! Yep, I'm right with the shepherd from the "Fearless Friends Club" and the spaniel from "Take Care Pup".

The shepherd is "sable" colored, rather than the more quintessential black-and-tan shepherd your're thinking of:
http://steelcross-gsd.com/images/colours/45%20kodi%20stack%20copy.jpg

Both nice LPS dogs, and not terribly common.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:45:33 AM by ponyqueen »

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Thank you so much!
This was SO helpful, I kept searching but never found a for sure ID on either one. It is so wonderful of you to help out like this, I don't think anywhere else you could go to find an ID like that from such a friendly source.

I was hoping they could be less common, as I was wanting to put them to ebay to try to raise funds to buy Dollyhair to do restorations, but then if you don't know what it is, the item doesn't do well. Thanks for helping!

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
You're welcome! Good luck with your sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal