collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you hear? Cecil's killer is dead!  (Read 5516 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did you hear? Cecil's killer is dead!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 03:02:26 PM »
Well in some cases some game farms are the only reason some species are still with us presently. I do hate the idea of trophy hunting though.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 05:34:57 PM »
Well in some cases some game farms are the only reason some species are still with us presently. I do hate the idea of trophy hunting though.

Is this along the same lines of "If we didn't eat [blank], [blank] would go extinct!" or "We kill [blank] to conserve it!"

It's like hunters who cry that if they didn't kill deer the deer would take over the world. But if the hunters hadn't killed off the wolves first then it wouldn't be an issue.

All of this is caused by and the fault of HUMANS. Hunters are not doing any "favors" by keeping a species alive that they've pushed into a state of existence that causes suffering.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »
I think it is just awful that anyone one rejoice in the death of a human being regardless of what they have done.  I do not rejoice in the death of animals, but what a horrible death and what a tragic thing for all this man's family and friends to face. I can't ever have enough rage in my heart to justify this logic.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:49:53 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 06:52:22 AM »
It's sad what happened to Cecil. But in reality, big game hunting (in a controlled environment) does help the African conservation and tribes. The money goes to conservation efforts and the meat goes to the tribes surrounding the areas. Unless you've visited or lived in one of these areas, I really don't think we have room to talk. Our first world problems are nothing in comparison to third world conditions.

We can sit on our high horses and say "who ever hunts is evil, how dare they!" but even I remember growing up in the rural south a deer a winter kept our family fed. Without that deer, no we might not have starved, but we sure wouldn't of had any meat.

Whether humanity caused the over population by killing the wolves or big cats or whichever predator kept numbers down is not revelent now. It's been done. It's a hundred years in the past. We owe the population of deer (and other animals) the right to exist without over population, starvation and disease.

To rejoice over another human dying is sick. That man left behind a family, possibly children who will grow up without a father. I'm greatly disturbed to see people happy he died. I don't care what the circumstances were. It was a horrible accident. I hope to the Gods the people who are happy about this, never loose a family member in an accident like this.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
I don't believe I (or anyone else here, although I guess I could be wrong) are exactly celebrating or are rejoicing over the death of this person in any way. Loss of a human life is a very serious thing that I personally take very seriously. I think what we're trying to convey is a lack of sympathy for the victim (although not their family), not happiness of a loss.

But like I said I can't speak for everyone heh.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 11:55:36 AM »
I don't believe I (or anyone else here, although I guess I could be wrong) are exactly celebrating or are rejoicing over the death of this person in any way. Loss of a human life is a very serious thing that I personally take very seriously. I think what we're trying to convey is a lack of sympathy for the victim (although not their family), not happiness of a loss.

But like I said I can't speak for everyone heh.

Pretty much this at least for me. I'm not the biggest fan of my own species, i just like individuals. As a rough whole, humanity can be really awful towards itself and other creatures.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »
Now that's karma whoever it was. The only way I can get behind shooting an animal is if you live in a poor country and are hunting to feed your family or if an animal is attacking you or a loved one.

I'm not sure what you define as a poor country. Plenty of people in the US rely on controlled, legal hunting to eat.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »
Now that's karma whoever it was. The only way I can get behind shooting an animal is if you live in a poor country and are hunting to feed your family or if an animal is attacking you or a loved one.

I'm not sure what you define as a poor country. Plenty of people in the US rely on controlled, legal hunting to eat.

Yes this is so true.  There are people living off the grid all over the place.  Funny thing is that our ancestors all hunted to eat.  Back in 1800 there wasn't a plug in fridge and a Walmart Super Center down the street. LOL  I have never liked hunting much.  My father was a huge hunter and it upset me a great deal, but bio dad grew up in the country on a farm and they didn't eat if the boys didn't go fishing or hunting.  Grandmother had a huge garden and they never went to the grocery store.  When I was a child I remember being out in that garden with her picking things for our lunch. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:16:46 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 06:33:19 PM »

As in 3rd world, plus there are people who still retain the same lifestyle as their ancestors.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
Doesn't have to be third world. Arkansas is one of the lower income, I guess poverty states. I know plenty of people that use hunting as their source of food. I have one co worker that if they don't hunt during season and have their own meat through that they don't eat meat. Living is expensive
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »

Yep, Growing up we were.. still am considered lower/middle class? My dad hunted and fished seasonally to put meat on the table. Still hunting for pure "sport" has never been a very comfortable idea to me. And the primary theme of this topic is very disturbing. >.< No matter how terrible he might have been, or anyone.. rejoicing in a death, bottom line, just seems a bit gross and immature.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
Then we will simply have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:18:38 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »

As in 3rd world, plus there are people who still retain the same lifestyle as their ancestors.

Walmarts and grocery stores don't exist on every single street corner, and even when they do their goods are sometimes unaffordable. There are even some areas where hunters can donate meat they don't need/want to places like soup kitchens and shelters. Poor people exist in every country and everyone needs to eat. Some areas of the US have really extreme poverty. When my boyfriend first told me about some of the areas he drove through in Mississippi I was shocked.

And I mean, all of our ancestors hunted... even in first world countries. If our ancestors didn't hunt we wouldn't exist. You don't have to live in a third world country to prefer to do things "old school" the way your ancestors did.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 12:28:36 PM »
Have you heard the news yet? The douche who killed Cecil The Lion is dead!  Apparently he was shooting birds in Italy, slipped on some ice, and fell off a precipice.

:satisfied:  Karma much?

Why are you gloating that someone is dead? Also, it's not karma; we're all going to die.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »
I have no issues if people hunt as long as the meat is not wasted - eg people hunt to eat, not for sport as like what happens a lot here in the UK.

This bloke died killing for sport, not for meat. There is nothing on this planet that can convince me that killing for fun is OK. I have already said, but I will say it again - I feel sorry for his family and friends. But I have no sympathy for him as an individual.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal