collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do's and don't of a first trade?  (Read 515 times)

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
Do's and don't of a first trade?
« on: November 22, 2013, 05:37:43 AM »
I'm in the middle of my first Arena trade and was just wondering are there and do's and don'ts to consider when trading, and am I going about it right? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing- I sent clear pictures of the ponies in question, then when the trade was set I also took pictures of them in their packaged state and a pic with the box and senders address on which I asked them to confirm was correct- after posting the package I also got a receipt for the postage payment in case anything should go wrong there. Have I covered it all? :) I really want to make sure my trade partner knows they can trust me as a trader :)
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Do's and don't of a first trade?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:04:20 AM »
Sounds good to me-

When I'm doing a trade I often exchange my email too, just in case there are communication problems

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 06:39:19 AM »
That's an excellent idea, thanks!
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »
I'm in the middle of my first Arena trade and was just wondering are there and do's and don'ts to consider when trading, and am I going about it right? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing- I sent clear pictures of the ponies in question, then when the trade was set I also took pictures of them in their packaged state and a pic with the box and senders address on which I asked them to confirm was correct- after posting the package I also got a receipt for the postage payment in case anything should go wrong there. Have I covered it all? :) I really want to make sure my trade partner knows they can trust me as a trader :)

That sounds great :)

Also as you are quite new, in future trades, sometimes people will want you to send first just to be sure they can trust you. Please don't be offended by that, it's just what some people are more comfortable with :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
I think you have done wonderful covering your bases! Galactica also has a great idea with exchanging emails (makes not to self for future).
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:14:46 AM »
Yes sounds like your going to be a good trade partner! I did a trade one time, or lets say tried to do one.  I had the other person send first, and I told them when I got there side I would send mine to them. I have good feedback and have done may trades. And guess what I never got there package. They said they sent it and then later on said they got the package back. Said that I did not accept it and had it sent back. That was so not true. And then to make it even more fishy they asked for my address again.  I know that it was not going to happen and said never mind.

Happy trading :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal