collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Music download program or site?  (Read 355 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Music download program or site?
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:52 AM »
I used to use programs like limewire, frostwire, kazaa, imesh and ziggytv to download music files.

Since we got our desktop to replace the laptops we had, we've had the hardest time trying to find a reliable (not full of viruses) program or site to grab music from.

I'm one of those people who literally listens to music at home (pc, cd player and cellphone) and that's about it, I tend to download songs I know I love plus any extras by that artist and if I love more than half the album, I'll go out and buy the cd for my personal collection.

I was wondering what sites or programs others use for downloading their favourite music?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
Re: Music download program or site?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
I use firefox and there is an ad on where you can record music off of Youtube. I use it a lot

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »
I like spotify, mostly because I hate downloading anything. Also it's legal so there's that.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »
Most stuff like Kaazaa and limewire have gone the way of the dodo, sadly. A lot of people seem to use torrenting services these days as they're harder to track or shutdown for copyright violation. However, you need a pretty high quality internet connection to make them worthwhile.

If you're looking for a specific artist or album you can usually with some creative googling find a few sites where someone has uplaoded an album for free, but those tend to get shutdown pretty quickly.

OLumeVaSti mentioned programs that rip audio off of YouTube and that's a really good option. Several exist and all you need is a video URL to rip the music. So far I haven't seen any of those shutdown so that would be your best bet to try!

Edit: Oh! Just noticed you're in Canada so you may have more wiggle room on copyrighted material than Americans. :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:24:14 PM by flyawayraven »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
I'd suggest ThePirateBay.  You can get just about anything there, but you need a torrent program to use it.  We use Vuse. 

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 05:10:57 PM »
If you're looking to just download single songs and not whole albums or other large files, The best site I know of is myfreemp3.eu. It is extremely easy to use and only takes a few seconds to download anything. You don't need to download any torrent clients or anything, just type in what you're looking for and click the downward pointing arrow on the far right to download what you want.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:13:05 PM by Pony_Lover_Man »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded, I really appreciate the help. I'll admit I'm completely lost when it comes to torrents :blush: I just don't understand it at all lol. I did go to that mp3 site and just grab a few songs that I was after, that will suffice for the time being :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:48:14 AM »
There is also Soundcloud if you are looking for single songs and Pandora if you are just looking to listen to music. It makes stations around a certain song if you are looking to find new stuff that's similar. The great thing about these sites is the songs are stored on their space so you don't clog up your hard drive with a bunch of MP3s (tho you can download the song from Soundcloud if the uploader allows it).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:51:41 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 05:38:40 AM »
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,283469.0.html

Mature Content (no nudity)

We have some forums that go beyond the network television rating although we do not allow posting about any illegal acts that you partake in or have been involved in. This includes illegal drug use.

[Locking - kkat]

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal