collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scented G1 ponies  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Scented G1 ponies
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »

I couldn't tell ya if you missed anyone...That's one set of ponies that I'm not sure of their names!  :blush: ^.^
Would you say they smelled like the vintage Strawberry Shortcake dolls in terms in strength and smell? (if you are familiar with SSC, I'm opening this question up to others to share their thoughts!)

Can't believe I missed this initially *chuckles* I actually collect SSC dolls, too...and their smells are quite different, as well the strength is MUCH MORE powerful. I mean, buy a couple of the mini's, you'll see what I mean, 30 years later they STILL smell just as strong. Even ones that've been heavily played with, it's insane. Kenner actually 'baked' the scent into the plastic, or mixed it in with it rather, which is why their dolls and miniatures retain so much of their smell now. I'm not sure why they're so different but I've not had any SSC dolls that remind me of the vintage pony scents.

That's very helpful, thanks! I love how SSC dolls / minis smell! Their scents are so dreamy and match pretty well. :D I guess scented ponies are a no go for me, unless they don't smell anymore.. XD. Either that, or I just get brave one day and smell a still smelling one.  :lol:

Does anyone know if the scented ponies' boxes say their scents are "non toxic"? If they are that "memorable" maybe it's not considered "natural".. ?

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »

That's very helpful, thanks! I love how SSC dolls / minis smell! Their scents are so dreamy and match pretty well. :D I guess scented ponies are a no go for me, unless they don't smell anymore.. XD. Either that, or I just get brave one day and smell a still smelling one.  :lol:

Does anyone know if the scented ponies' boxes say their scents are "non toxic"? If they are that "memorable" maybe it's not considered "natural".. ?

Only one I have that has any scent left is Carmel crunch, and I'm not entirely sure if it's the original scent or just a weird plastic combination (I've had regular plastic things that've smelled similar...iunno)  :lol:

The ponies cards don't mention anything about being toxic or not (though I might have overlooked it, anybody feel free to correct me here!)the boxes for SSC DO say they're scented, and that they're 'non-toxic'...I'd certainly hope not as it's hard to resist sniffing those every so often.

oh, unfortunately I've never had the strawberry scented pony so, didn't think of her, so I imagine she'd be similar! :silly:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:42:39 PM by Big_Brother_Bufftusk »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 05:54:46 PM »
I have a few of the Sundae Best ponies, plus Strawberry Surprise and Molasses.

The scent they remind me closest of is those vintage scratch and sniff stickers.  Especially Coco Berry.  Kind of sweet, vanilla-lite but not true vanilla.  My Blueberry Baskets and Strawberry Surprise did smell similar to the SSC dolls.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
Interesting!  ^.^
I loved the scratch and sniff stickers too!
Yeah betcha they didn't use the same formula.. they should've done what Kenner did.  :P

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 05:48:33 AM »
I have resented peppermint crunch mint is super easy, I have not tired anyone else.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 08:49:26 AM »
Interesting!  ^.^
Yeah betcha they didn't use the same formula.. they should've done what Kenner did.  :P

Seconding this, because to me it's a perfect description. As a kid I had Cocoberry and thought she smelled like those stickers. Huckle Berry Pie (SSC) that I also had, smelled like one of the blueberry scratch n sniff stickers.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »
Thanks to this post, my husband caught me huffing my ponies....akward

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 02:26:52 PM »
Interesting!  ^.^

Seconding this, because to me it's a perfect description. As a kid I had Cocoberry and thought she smelled like those stickers. Huckle Berry Pie (SSC) that I also had, smelled like one of the blueberry scratch n sniff stickers.

^.^

Post Merge: May 14, 2016, 02:27:30 PM

:lol: :lol:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »

that made me laugh out loud :lol: so funny.

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »
My childhood Boysenberry Pie still has some scent.  She smelled really strong when I got her, and I never liked the fragrance.  The one that I got several months ago has no scent.  My Sugar Apple still smells nice; I always liked how she smelled.  My Coco Berry is not easily accessible at the moment, but I think she's faintly fragrant (and I think it's pleasant, for the record).  The Caramel Crunch that I acquired last month has lost pretty much all of her smell (along with her curls).

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 07:42:25 PM »
I forgot I also have Shebert but I don't think she still has a scent. I will check though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
I have one that still has her smell. A supposedly German cherry treats. She smells of fresh clean cherries. Are there really other country versions of these?

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
My childhood Boysenberry Pie still has some scent.  She smelled really strong when I got her, and I never liked the fragrance.  The one that I got several months ago has no scent.  My Sugar Apple still smells nice; I always liked how she smelled.  My Coco Berry is not easily accessible at the moment, but I think she's faintly fragrant (and I think it's pleasant, for the record).  The Caramel Crunch that I acquired last month has lost pretty much all of her smell (along with her curls).

I liked BP's scent when I got her, but the older I got, the more I didn't like it...ha. It was pretty strong. I think young me got high off her a few times.  :lol: :blush:  :biggrin:

Post Merge: May 14, 2016, 08:16:21 PM

I have one that still has her smell. A supposedly German cherry treats. She smells of fresh clean cherries. Are there really other country versions of these?

Oohh, I saw her in the picture you shared on our brag, she looks nice! :D That set has great color combinations.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:16:21 PM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »

:lol:

Me and my niece used to 'get high' on the G3 scented ponies, especially the birthday cake one, she really loved those.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:31 PM »
Does ice cream really have a scent?  I've never smelled anything from ice cream.  Am I the only one?

No, ice cream doesn't have a smell. You have every right to be disappointed.

Anyway I came back to read about the people "getting high" off of pony smell and thought it was funny! Imagine the paranoid-type parents' reaction to that.
Too cute.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal