collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!  (Read 6270 times)

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ponies in New HASBRO TRADE CATALOGUE!
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
If it's real, I can only hope it simply is a side series, rather than replacing the current one. Personally I can't stand the thought of FiM becoming a high school drama. I got into it for the fantasy :/

I bet it is real, though. This situation reminds me far too much of what happened in the Pokemon fandom when the 5th gen starter's final evolutions were leaked.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
Odd, I don't see humanized FIM designs as something "for older girls".  These designs (fake or not) still seem to target the same younger demographic.  My 2c

In the same way you don't sell Strawbery Shortcake to 15 yo girls.  It's all just not edgy or flamboyant enough.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2013, 09:34:04 PM »
all I can think of is it's like Hasbro is just sucha copy cat company = combining the whole littlest pet idea with monster high
 like if the toy line is going to use a blythe doll thing like they did with LPS and the anthro images from that tumblr link are just really too similar to the whole high school MH cartoon... just yuk and so not what MLP is about

I like MH as MH and FiM as it's own MLP world - I really hope they don't try to collide those universes just for the sake of grabbing "market share" of tweens and up...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »
;_; I really don't want that to be real. Like, not even a little. Not even as a side thing. My Little Pony is My Little PONY. We haven't had humans or anything like them since G1 and it should stay that way. I have no problem with Megan and the gang but I could have done without them just fine.

I can't even understand why they would want to DO that to MLP! Just...WHY?

Please say it ain't so....

Am I the only one who finds it weird that even humanised these creatures have no noses or nostrils...:P

Actually if you look closer, they do have tiny specks for noses. =P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:28 AM »
;_; I really don't want that to be real. Like, not even a little. Not even as a side thing. My Little Pony is My Little PONY. We haven't had humans or anything like them since G1 and it should stay that way. I have no problem with Megan and the gang but I could have done without them just fine.

Thiiiisssss D:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 06:04:00 AM »
No news on Equestria Girls until Comic Con?! Accckkk. That's SO far away!! I think it will be something to compete with MH, because that's selling like crazy right now, and I think Hasbro wants in on the action!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 06:13:56 AM »
Hoping that's just a mock-up someone made or a little dress up thing.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »
No news on Equestria Girls until Comic Con?! Accckkk. That's SO far away!! I think it will be something to compete with MH, because that's selling like crazy right now, and I think Hasbro wants in on the action!

I think that might be true- but they need to make the Equestria girls way more edgy to compete with MH methinks...

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 08:38:40 AM »

I'll only two things about this image
1. I hope it's only a side series I think it might do well as a web based series but I don't see it having the same market and appeal as FIM

2. If they make dolls like this I'll most likely get the AJ for my apple army I must admit I do like her outfit I might make one for one of my MH dolls just for kicks   

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
Ugh those ...pony doll persons... gonna give me nightmares. *twitch*

Am I the only one who finds it weird that even humanised these creatures have no noses or nostrils...:P

lol it's typical anime style. America loves stealing anime style because it's oh-so-popular with the younger viewers.

I like how they're all wearing skirts except Rainbow Dash. Because, yeah, all girls wear skirts except for ones who are really into sports. *eye roll*
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:33 AM »
I admit I do like the idea of doll versions of the ponies- I think that would be cute :D 
But I'm not sure how that is going to tie into MLP-

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
What--What IS this?  I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.  No.  Just...No.

This!!

Odd, I don't see humanized FIM designs as something "for older girls".  These designs (fake or not) still seem to target the same younger demographic.  My 2c

In the same way you don't sell Strawbery Shortcake to 15 yo girls.  It's all just not edgy or flamboyant enough.

I TOTALLY agree!  If this is real, Hasbro must be out of its mind to think that dolls of these...creatures would be well-received by anyone over the age of 10.  High schoolers that aren't toy collectors being interested in this is pretty much completely out of the realm of possibility.

I like how they're all wearing skirts except Rainbow Dash. Because, yeah, all girls wear skirts except for ones who are really into sports. *eye roll*

Yeah, that really bothers me!  At least give Applejack some pants, for crying out loud!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:36:55 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2013, 09:51:30 AM »
Ugh those ...pony doll persons... gonna give me nightmares. *twitch*

lol it's typical anime style. America loves stealing anime style because it's oh-so-popular with the younger viewers.

I actually think that RD is wearing a skirt, too.  She just has a pair of biker shorts on underneath.  I don't like how all of the skirts are super short.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
What--What IS this?  I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.  No.  Just...No.

This!!

I TOTALLY agree!  If this is real, Hasbro must be out of its mind to think that dolls of these...creatures would be well-received by anyone over the age of 10.  High schoolers that aren't toy collectors being interested in this is pretty much completely out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, that really bothers me!  At least give Applejack some pants, for crying out loud!

AGREED completely.

I really really dislike that - IF it's what Hasbro is intending. NOW - I am going to put myself in the category that that is "fan-made", and just hope.

Otherwise, I guess I can sign off most G4 for now. Bleh... dolls. Humans... meh. This is why I collect PONIES. Personal rant over.
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
World, Hasbro, thou hast become mad-mad....

Please, stop. Better yet, please end. Put me out of this misery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyXCkjMBK70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gbvcEkuFFI
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:26:28 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal