TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

partial refund?

<< < (2/2)

banditpony:

--- Quote from: bluerose9978 on February 21, 2021, 06:02:15 AM ---I just found this:

Issuing a refund
You can issue full or partial refunds for items in Seller Hub or My eBay up to 90 days after the original transaction. Here's how:

Locate the order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold.
From the dropdown menu, select Send refund.
Choose a reason for the refund.
Specify a refund amount at the item or order level.
Enter the desired refund amount, and select Send refund.
You'll get an email confirming that the refund has been initiated. Once complete, you'll get an email confirmation and the refunded amount will appear in your order details. You can refund up to 100% of the transaction.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mentioned earlier My Ebay drop down didn't work for me -- and showed my drop down screenshot. I've done it that way in the past...

bluerose9978:

--- Quote from: banditpony on February 21, 2021, 06:19:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: bluerose9978 on February 21, 2021, 06:02:15 AM ---I just found this:

Issuing a refund
You can issue full or partial refunds for items in Seller Hub or My eBay up to 90 days after the original transaction. Here's how:

Locate the order in Seller Hub or My eBay Sold.
From the dropdown menu, select Send refund.
Choose a reason for the refund.
Specify a refund amount at the item or order level.
Enter the desired refund amount, and select Send refund.
You'll get an email confirming that the refund has been initiated. Once complete, you'll get an email confirmation and the refunded amount will appear in your order details. You can refund up to 100% of the transaction.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I mentioned earlier My Ebay drop down didn't work for me -- and showed my drop down screenshot. I've done it that way in the past...

--- End quote ---

I just did this for someone in My Ebay SOLD and it worked for me.

banditpony:
That's where I was... I have done it in the past with the old interface with the drop down.

Maybe it's only there now when the buyer triggers it? I don't know. It wasn't something *I* needed to refund, I was just trying to help my seller. eBay is too confusing sometimes. <_<;

bluerose9978:

--- Quote from: banditpony on February 21, 2021, 07:46:05 AM ---That's where I was... I have done it in the past with the old interface with the drop down.

Maybe it's only there now when the buyer triggers it? I don't know. It wasn't something *I* needed to refund, I was just trying to help my seller. eBay is too confusing sometimes. <_<;

--- End quote ---

Mine wasn't something I needed to refund either....I had someone who continued to check out without using the shopping cart and asked if there was some way they could get a partial refund for the extra shipping charges (they had bought 6 ponies and had been charged full shipping for each one). So I was able to go into My eBay Sold, and under each item I had to click refund, select shipping as the option and the refund amount I wanted to refund. I hope this helps.

Beth3346:
i've been trying to process a return for a few days for some items that got returned to sender by USPS. i have no idea why the package was rejected by ebay worldwide shipping.

it was for 4 items. ebay let me refund 3 items then the 4th would not go through. the buyer had to initiate all of the claims. I ended up sending a paypal payment for the 4th item. which is taking a while to go through so the buyer is upset and probably thinks i'm shady. and this is after i contacted ebay customer support and they said that the refund for the 4th item went through. it did not. ebay won't even allow me to upload an image of a screenshot of the paypal transaction so i can prove that i sent it.

i'm so ready to be done with ebay. but it's the simplest place to sell. their interface is the worst though. it's a horrible experience for everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version