collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do when you've had a bad day?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline chaosprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
What do you do when you've had a bad day?
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
Hello everybody thought I would post this to see how you cheer yourself up when you've had 1 or more bad days I have been going through a lot myself lately so kind of in a dark place right now so thought I would see how everybody cheers themselves up.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do when you've had a bad day?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:28:01 PM »
I'm sorry you're going through a tough time right now. Sometimes when I've had a bad day I'll watch cartoons that I enjoy or I might buy myself a small item at the store.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:54:42 PM »
That day is today for me. Sometimes I spend money when I have a bad day, but right now I'm paying on a lot of different things and was already stressing a bit when I then broke my iPhone beyond use (+ other bad things today). Soo I'm going to read this book which is really good, and talk to my friend, and go to bed and try to just let it all roll off me.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
I thank the both of you for your replies I know a lot of people are going through some tough times worse then mine, but I am sorry about your iphone breaking that must have been rough and splurging a little does help, but then I think I just ruined my finances and go back into a slum lol I guess its how life is and cartoons are fun to watch except on Sundays because nothing seems to be on when it comes to Sundays evil Sundays with no good TV shows on well I suppose there maybe a good show here and there, but thank you again guys.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
I hope you start feeling better!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:09:54 PM »
I find something to watch that will make me laugh: a good standup comedian, comedy movie, etc...

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »
Thank you ponycake I really appreciate it and northstar3184 I probably will search for something online it just stinks when you have to live in your own hell over and over again with no end, but I am not suicidal and will not resort to that its why I made this topic to talk to others during this time so I appreciate everybody who does comment.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »
Taking a hot bath (or shower if no tub available) in my favorite foam, pampering my face with a mask, afterwards cuddling up on the sofa with good book or good TV show and a glass of cold beer (or hot tea depending on the season) usually helps me calm down.
Also talking to my mom on the phone, or writing diary.

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
Thank you honeycomb unfortunately I can't really talk to my mom about my problems don't really want to go into it, but writing is a nice idea I write time to time tea is nice though I am currently drinking some hot tea now, but the issues will still be there in the morning still hanging in there though I am sorry if it seems like I am complaining I don't mean to, but you have some good ideas nothing like good ol relaxation I appreciate you commenting.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
:hug:  I hope you feel better soon!

When I'm having a bad day, I usually turn up my music really loud and sing along.  :). I also write and, if I gave time, watch tv or take a bubble bath.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37:51 PM »
I color.  I've known for years that it was relaxing and sometimes it lets my mind wander over my problems enough that I can find a solution and sometimes it's just a distraction to let me escape the problems for a bit.  Other times I go for a drive and scream in my car where nobody can hear me.  I put on a movie/tv show that I enjoy (sometimes while eating a bowl of ice cream).  I re-read my favorite books or listen to music that I know makes me feel better.  You can meditate, as well.  Just close your eyes, breathe in and out steadily for a while while focusing on your breathing.  It can really help.  Also, exercise.  It releases endorphins which help to lift your mood.

If possible, pet an animal (I sometimes go over and pet my neighbors cow because I don't currently have any pets) or hug someone.  Studies show that petting an animal or exchanging a hug can actually reduce stress and anxiety.  (My friend's theory is "hug a stranger make a friend" but some of us aren't that 'friendly'  :lol:)

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:43 PM »
When I have a bad day I will get my fav junkfood which is Chinese takeout.  Sit in my bedroom and eat it while watching tv :) Showers and bubblebaths are good too. I have social anxiety so being away from people & annoying places like Walmart helps.  Take your ponies out of bins/ display and dump them on your bed in a huge pony pile and play with their hair . lol! works for me. Hope you feel better.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:55 AM »
I drink a cup of chamomill tea and read a book or watch a movie. If my mind is too busy with thoughts to concentrate on reading I put on some good music and paint.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 02:38:59 AM »
Different things help in different situations. Most times I start with a cup of tea to help me relax. I may have a favorite treat or meal, have a bath, pet my dogs, go for a ride in the car, watch fun content on YouTube, or listen to music. Alternately, I may make a list or write a letter I never intend to send. The last thing I try to remind myself when things are driving me up the wall is that the worse 'today' has been, the more likely it is that 'tomorrow' will be better.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 03:28:37 AM »
You know, you really don't need to apologise for sharing your feelings or complaining to us xD. Sometimes just talking stuff out with people not connected with the problems in question can help you put it in perspective. This place is a neutral sounding board and nobody is going to judge you, jump on you or anything else because of that, so feel free to share xD.

In my case, it depends. I try and just do something that I really like, or want to do. Sometimes I want to get out of the house and away from my study books - so a day trip somewhere, a trip to the cinema, even...just something to get my brain free from its moorings inside my room.

I also find brushing and styling doll or pony hair quite relaxing. Listening to music. Watching something familiar and comfortable on TV or DVD that I know isn't going to startle me with an unexpected twist. Writing, too. I haven't done that in a while thanks to the PhD work, though.

So yes, there are lots of ways. And everyone is different, so maybe think of the things that make you happiest and try doing those, one at a time.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal