collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow Curl hair! *Hair Treatment Process Pics!*  (Read 596 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Rainbow Curl hair! *Hair Treatment Process Pics!*
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:35:13 AM »
Hay there!

--- So.. I currently am swap shopping and picked up a lovely Streaky in a big lot... Never have owned any of the RC ponies before...I love her musical theme and she's a purple unicorn, so I've decided to keep her.  ^.^ :blush: If those aren't good reasons for keeping a pony, I don't know what is!  :lol: ---

Anyway, her curls in the mane need only minor work ..just need some defrizzing / styling...but I'd like to know how many curls are in the tail? I've seen photos.. Most have three, others have four.? Are the colors supposed to be separated in the tail too? There's not a clear picture of her MOC so I can't really tell... Unless there's a photo out there and I've just missed it!  >_< ^.^ I'd like to keep it as original as possible.. because I'm one of those collectors..  :blush: :P

Feel free to share your styling techniques on these lovely Rainbow Curl ponies too! I'll share some before and after photos too.. :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:39:07 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

Offline ladyamalthia

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Curl hair!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
From the minty ones I've seen/had, the original curls had four ringlets in mane and and four in the tail.  The manes always had the color separated but the tails were kind of a mix of colors in each ringlet.  Hope that makes sense!

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
I thought all colours in both the mane and tail were meant to be separate, that's how I remember my Raincurl. She's never been restyled and that's how she looks now with separate coloured curls in both mane and tail.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:47 PM »
From the minty ones I've seen/had, the original curls had four ringlets in mane and and four in the tail.  The manes always had the color separated but the tails were kind of a mix of colors in each ringlet.  Hope that makes sense!

Agreed! They appear this way MOC as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
I dunno if this helps, but the former owner of my RC ponies decarded them and then displayed them (this was allegedly a childhood collection the child wasn't allowed to touch, sigh). Anyhow, this is how mine are:
Spoiler

Definitely looks like 1 colour per ringlet in the tail as well as the mane to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »
Thanks for all the responses! :)
I'm going to take some before photos soon.. it looks like on this one, there are strands of different colors swirled in the tail ringlets.. I've seen online photos of Streaky that show both ways, so I'm wondering if this was / is a factory glitch of some kind..?

::strokes pony curls::  ^.^

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:47 PM »
The colors were definitely separated.  4 curls each for mane and tail.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 11:47:16 AM »
The colors were definitely separated.  4 curls each for mane and tail.

Thanks for your input, kellyponyfeathers!

Here are some "before" photos of my Streaky - in spoiler:

Spoiler

Post Merge: May 06, 2016, 09:38:37 AM

I set time aside and conducted a quick pony spa/hair treatment on Streaky... Photos are in the spoiler. I'll most likely create a brag thread and include her with some new TLC ponies I recently acquired. :D

Spoiler

As you can see in the photos, the mane was way easier to work with than the tail. Mine seem to have an odd three ringlets in the tail, with mixed colored in one ringlet sitting on top, so I just worked with what was dealt to me and used the fan-favorite 'straw and bobby pin' technique.  :biggrin: Mind you, I've never done this before, and I probably could have used bigger straws, but I'm hoping for a nice outcome! :blush: ^.^
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:38:38 AM by Sweet_Stuff »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal