collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Best "Pony" Memory!  (Read 6557 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Your Best "Pony" Memory!
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
This will probably be a sentimental thread... :cry: ...warning in advance! So with the lovely couple of threads recently on which ponies brought you to MLP and what ponies you wanted when younger, its made me think of my most poignant or important pony memories [whether sweet or funny]...and I wondered what everyone else's were...it can be from when you were little or something more important that happened recently...but it has to involve ponies of course!

For me:-
Ponies were very much birthday and Christmas gifts in my house - pester power simply didnt work [unless pestering for Birthday/Christmas of course] as even £4 for the odd pony was often outside of budget but when I was 5, we were moving house and I had to go to a new school - I was absolutely devastated at having to leave all my friends and shy enough to even now today remember being scared. After many days of tears, my mum finally decided to "bribe" me with a new pony - it was the only time I got to pick a pony and my mum took me to Woolworths to the amazing wall of ponies and I picked out the most sparkly pony there - Masquerade. I loved her...and though its a little materialistic it did make the move easier as she was my "new pony for my new home and my new school". It was only when I started recollecting that my mum confessed she had worked a weeks over time at her part time job just to afford that one pony to cheer me up! Still to this day it makes me smile that she knew a pony would make the difference and she went to such an effort to afford her for me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your Best "Pony" Memory!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »
Aw, that's so sweet, hathorcat. Your mom sounds wonderful :)

I remember when I was little I begged and begged like crazy for a Sippin' Soda pony. I finally got her for Christmas and I don't think I ever screamed so loud in my life! I was the happiest little girl in the world :D

Also, (more recent) I was extremely depressed one day (I have bipolar disorder) and my sister went to the store especially to buy me a pony. She bought me Shenanigans and it cheered me up instantly and I've always treasured her. She's my favorite G3 ^_^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
Such great memories. I did not have pony toys growing up. I remember seeing G3s on a coloring book when I was 15 or so, and I didn't realize they were actually a new line of MLP until months later. I thought they weren't "real" MLPs, because they were more glamorous than the G1 cartoon that I grew up with.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
The most found memories I have with ponies... Hmmm...

I remember playing with my grandmother in my first house when I still lived with both my parents ! We played in the hallway and rolled Jazzie around eachother on the floor ! It was a really simple way to have fun, but I'll never forget it - and neither will my grandmother ! Even today when I ask her if she remembers, she does ! :D

I also remember a few years later I was sick in bed and my grandmother came home - she was watching me and taking care of me while my parents were working - and she brought G2 Magic Motion Sundance ! I was SO happy; I'll never forget it ! :')

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
When I was 3, my mum and I would find G1's in charity shops and at car boots very regularly, I remember finding my first and only ever Flutter  Honeysuckle in a charity shop, high up on a cd display podium and I remember being obessed with her immediate beauty and elegance, I begged mum to bring her down for me and she did and bought her for me, I've always loved her and never got rid of her. :) xxx

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »
When I was 5 years old, I entered a coloring contest at a local K-mart and won a prize - $10.  I never had spending money unless it was for birthday or Christmas, so that was an amazing amount of money to me at the time.  I bought myself and my sister each a pony with the winnings.  Moonstone for me, and Parasol for her.  I don't remember much about my pony collection, but I will never forget those two!

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
Hmmm, wow, it's hard to pick just one... Going to Germany just because they still sell ponies there, or my dad building my pony house or randomly finding old gen1 stuff in a toy store in 1996... But I think this is the best one:

As ponies were hard to find when I was growing up here (1992-1994 ish), I always looked forward to Queen's day as people sell their old toys and I often found a lot of old ponies which was a blast for me as those were often ponies from the tv show / comics etc. However, in 1993 I think I ended up being really sick and I made myself go to one flea market but I was just too sick so without finding anything my parents took me home. I was so sad I hadn't found any ponies that my dad went out to look for some and he found like 10 ponies for me including baby Quackers, who ended up becoming my all time favourite pony!!!

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
I have a vivid memory of my mum and grandma taking me to buy my first ever my little pony. 
I remember the adverts on tv and all the hype about them, all my friends at school were talking about them.
So my mum and grandma took me on a special trip to buy one.  I remember wanting the pink one! (Cotton Candy, this was the original G1 line)  I think alot of shops were sold out because we got her from a very random shop. When we got there they were almost sold out and they only had Butterscotch and Snuzzle... not many kids must have wanted the grey one right? Although the pink/grey colour combo was SO 80's!
So Butterscotch was my first ever pony! I still remember walking in the shop, seeing the ponies on display, I remember opening her and I distinctly remember her smell... The shop is no longer there but I go past the building often and remember my first pony experience....

Another memory is having all the puffy stickers all over the side of my mums fridge, I had a ridiculous amount! I've been trying to find a photo of it for ages...     
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:29:52 PM by willa »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »
one of my many memories was of me at 7 getting 8 of my baby teeth taken out and being groggy mum took me to woolies on the way home and i got to buy hopscotch  :) xaflamex

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »
The best thing ever was the 'Castle' my dad made for my ponies when I was about seven. He'd taken these wooden crates that are used for shipping fruit, sanded them and painted them white, and my mom had furnished them all with old bits of carpet, and made a 'throne room' with the magic mirror Majesty always used in the comics. It was so awesome. I had begged for the Dream Castle for ages, but they couldn't afford it so instead they made me this. I loved it so much.
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
for me it was playing with ponies with my baby sister i miss that terribly.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »
When I was a child, my dad would work on contract in the UK for 6 months at a time (until we moved there to be with him.) One time when he came back, he brought my sister and I some presents - those happened to be Lightning, Tornado (for me) and a couple of the other Mountain Boys for my sister (I can't remember which ones.) I lost all my childhood ponies in a storage building fire years later, but I'll remember them always, especially these ones that came around at a special time.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
Aw hathor...I love that story!

lol  Kid Squeal!

Evening Moonstone--that was nice of you!

My favorite MLP story was when the Show Stable came out...I don't remember this except for VERY vaguely...but my mom tells the story.  It was Christmas time, and the Show Stable was sold out EVERYWHERE.  So I got a handwritten note from "Santa" saying that the elves did not make enough Show Stables, so I would have to wait for mine, and he would deliver it when more were made.  (Clever Mom and Dad lol)

So about a week later, I think, we were at...Montgomery Wards...?  I forget the store...but Mom spied one on a cashier's counter.  So she had Dad distract me and asked the cashier if it was for sale.  She said yes it was--a little girl had gotten FIVE of them from relatives, and so had to take four of them back, lol  So Mom bought it...and here I come back with Dad, and Mom said "Look!  Santa left this here for you, it's your Show Stable!"  I was so happy...I felt all special because Santa knew I was gonna be there and left it for me.  LOL  The Cashier played right along and said "So you're the one Santa left this for!"  I was so pleased with myself.  The box was almost as big as me lol  I was always tiny for my age.  But I wouldn't let anyone else carry it for me.  I was just a Show Stable with legs.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
I remember the wall of Ponies in the toy section when I was a kid...my Mom was a very patient woman while I picked out which Pony I wanted.

My favourite memory though is of the birthday when I got the Dream Castle.  My Mom was a single parent, so often the "big" gifts came from my grandparents.  One birthday there was a huge box wrapped in two different wrapping papers.  On the back there was a little square that wasn't covered by the wrapping and as soon as I saw it, I knew what was in the box.  My grandparents thought it was hilarious that I recognized the box from that one tiny square.

Elf

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:19:03 AM »
These stories are lovely! Thank you so much for sharing them guys...I am sitting going "awww" as I read each one!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal