collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sorry Wrong number  (Read 4678 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry Wrong number
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 09:20:04 AM »
Woah, nothing to that extent.

you know, I would have called the police on that girl, and make them sort it out.  If she doesnt believe you, im sure they could knock some sence into her xD

Sounds like some crazed teenager
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
At my house, some woman called to remind us of some person's birthday party (which I wasn't invited to, nor did I even know the person calling or the person having the party). You'd think they'd check the number and ask themselves "is this right?"

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
I've had the same number for twelve years. Suddenly last year a highschool outside of Stockholm kept calling me asking about a David. I never answer unknown numbers that start with the number for Stockholm because more often than not, its sellers who calls so I always let it go to voice. Now, I have not changed my voicemail since I got the phone so it's a 16 year old girls voice telling them she's not available and please leave name and number. You'd think you hear on the voice that the person is too young to have a son in highschool? Apparently not. I don't live near Stockholm either but half away across the country. Doesn't make a difference either. It stopped one day when my boyfriend finally answered the phone and told them they were way wrong.

I also got calls from a woman asking for Birgitta. She called at strange times and most often got to voice too, but the few times I heard the phone and answered, she talked to me before I could tell her "wrong number". I think it took about ten times over the span of three months before she finally got it that she called the wrong number. That does not include the times her calls got to voice.

Xaniss

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 02:24:59 AM »
HooBoy you ponies sure have met some whack-bags over the phone!  :shocked:  I can't believe the attitude these people have!

But wrong numbers - sure have been getting stacks of them since I took the new number back in May last year. People mix my number up with a strata-management company a couple of blocks over: my number ends in: 8591 and the company is 8951 so we have repeated calls asking for Jan ... I've even rang the company to say 'get you number right' but that didn't work, so I changed tactics and am now saying to the callers 'well if they can't get a basic phone number right, what else can't they get right?' and this seems to have worked in part, as the calls certainly have reduced!  :lol:

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 05:50:11 AM »
We used to get phonecalls from an old lady who kept yelling down the phone that her carer hadn't arrived with her dinner, and no matter how many times we would say 'You've got the wrong number' she would respond with 'Well that's the number my carer gave me! Now where's my food'?!

Eventually, we asked her who her carer worked for, and contacted them. As it turned out, the elderly lady had been misdialling the number, as there was one number different to ours for her carer. It was kinda frustrating getting screamed at for something you didn't even know about XD;

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Argentum-Zeena

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 06:10:30 AM »
My mom often receives calls for a Carl Jones. It's been going on constantly ever since she got her number a few years ago. And it's not just one person, it's multiple! She's gotten texts for fathers day, Xmas, you name it! What's really weird is that once I got a call for Carl Jones :s. It was really freaky!

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2012, 06:20:17 AM »
I got a message from some lady a couple years back saying that she'd found my number in her husbands coat pocket?? The message sounded kinda threatening and scared the crap out of me a bit, so I called back and left a message along the lines of "oh god I'm only 17 years old please don't hurt me I don't know how he got my number HELP"

Though now I just got a new number about a year ago, and I keep getting calls from telemarketers at all hours of the day =A=

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
Our old phone number was the same number as a doctor's office and we'd get calls from people who need to make appointments.  We got this one call from an old lady and she was rude and basically accused us of stealing the doctor's office's number.  Most business's when you call them they say "this is the office of------" not a regular answering machine like we had.  We had to change our number, because of this.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 07:13:08 AM »
Lots of crazy wrong number stories!  The most hilarious one that happened to me was a few years ago when I was still in grad school.  I got a call from a girl who accused me of stealing her cell phone!  She said that she'd left it somewhere, and was now calling it from another phone.  She was livid and didn't believe me when I told her she had the wrong number.  Finally I asked her what her cell phone number is, and I told her that that isn't MY number and that she had misdialed.   That finally got through to her and she hung up.   :lmao:

Vulpy

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
Once I got a text message saying "Hi baby". I sent "Who is this?". They sent back a text saying "Steve". I don't know anyone called Steve. XD

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2012, 09:24:18 AM »
Oh dear.
I've had wrong number texts before, and I once got an answerphone message that was something like 'call me I'm in the supermarket'

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 09:35:47 AM »
I texted a friend in another state , we had not had any contact for a long time, so i was making sure it was his number still and i got a reply , the number now belonged to a lady, she was asking me where i was and so on , well to make the story short, we ended up becoming friends ,we jumped to facebook next  and she is a very cool person,makes me laugh a lot on  the way she sees things and how she lives her life,she is a widow ,so i think she needed someone to just talk. :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
LOl This happen almost daily with my cellphone! I have an "upcycled" number and i got men on the line with an accent what is only spoken in the north of Holland so i sometimes even understand...hihi!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Shlugh

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
Fabulous stories everyone, though some are a bit wacky.

When hubby and I were first dating, I got a weird call on the landline from an older lady insisting I had called her and she'd got my number from redial. It got a bit heated, until suddenly the penny dropped that he had tried to call his mum earlier from my phone.

That was my first ever conversation with my future mum in law, and we became firm friends after, until she passed away.

S xx

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
And when people star chatting, before you say: "Sorry, you got the wrong number!" When I was at high school I received threatening messages, " I know what you did to Ann, and I´m gonna get you!". The irony is that I had a friend named Ann and I used to wait for her to go to classes. But when I stopped doing that, the messages ceased. It was her, don´t know and I don´t care.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal