collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Very Own Puppy! Anyone collect them?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Duality

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
My Very Own Puppy! Anyone collect them?
« on: December 16, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »
The original "My Very Own Puppy" prototype looked awesome, they were a lot more poseable and unique. When Mattel used the idea they made their own molds and made them less poseable, but still they are cute! Here are mine
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: My Very Own Puppy! Anyone collect them?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 08:53:48 AM »
The original "My Very Own Puppy" prototype looked awesome, they were a lot more poseable and unique. When Mattel used the idea they made their own molds and made them less poseable, but still they are cute! Here are mine

Love the husky.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Duality

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 11:42:16 AM »

Love the husky.

Thank you! The husky is really cute, they've always been one of my favorite dogs. He was my first of the three.

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 08:17:12 PM »
I'd not heard of these, they are all really cute, the husky looks so playful and happy.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Duality

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 06:05:20 PM »
I'd not heard of these, they are all really cute, the husky looks so playful and happy.

They're from the 90's, I honestly never heard of them until I saw one of my friends had one she got from a garage sale but she didn't know what it was. I thought they were cute so I tried looking up keywords until I found some on eBay. I don't think they did very well because you never really hear of them. I do know the original guy that made the prototypes wasn't happy with what Mattel did with it.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 08:08:27 AM »

They're from the 90's, I honestly never heard of them until I saw one of my friends had one she got from a garage sale but she didn't know what it was. I thought they were cute so I tried looking up keywords until I found some on eBay. I don't think they did very well because you never really hear of them. I do know the original guy that made the prototypes wasn't happy with what Mattel did with it.

http://melbirnkrant.com/puppy/index.html

Honestly I kinda understand why they did it because the price point would have been too high and MGA wasn't really a player then because they wouldn't have been as price conscious.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Duality

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 05:27:51 PM »

http://melbirnkrant.com/puppy/index.html

Honestly I kinda understand why they did it because the price point would have been too high and MGA wasn't really a player then because they wouldn't have been as price conscious.

Yeah I understand why they lowered the quality a bit, I think Mattel's version of it is still pretty cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal