Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Family's (and others) reactions to your collection?

(1/5) > >>

Angelshy:
Hi all  :)

As I mentioned in my intro post, I'm rather new to pony collecting. I've noticed however, that my parents aren't too pleased about my current hobby XD.

It's kind of strange, since they've tolerated me 'collecting' all sorts of things over the years (mostly models of sea creatures and fairies, and plush toys) but the other day Mum actually said she disapproved of my pony collection...possibly because I'm an adult now XD

Some of my friends are fellow pony fans (one even bought me ponies as a graduation present  :biggrin: ) and those who aren't are pretty tolerant (though one said he only tolerates it because I'm female, which is kinda silly)

How did/does everyone else's family/loved ones react to their pony collection? 

Juri:
I think that my mother isnt surprised by much these days lol. Its just another one of my 'quirks' :P

My partner is very nice about the collection, and keeps me in check when I spend too many pennies :)

Everyone I find either has an expression like this --> O_o
or laughs because they expect that kind of thing from me.

mlp4me:
My Mom isn't very supportive, but then again, she's a minimalist.
My Dad thinks I like Strawberry Shortcake and only thinks this because I tried to sell a bunch of vintage stuff at a rummage sale. I don't know Dad, usually when you sell stuff you don't like it anymore. Guess he kinda knows that I like 80's stuff...lol Does he support, well, we don't discuss these matters.
My husband has his ups and downs of supportiveness...
My BFF is an enabler; we both need some pony therapy daily.

josiekat:
My family and friends are very cool about it. I get ponies as gifts from most people. My coworkers are interested in it too. They love looking at pics of my collection. People tell me that they can't wait until I have my pony room set up when we get our house so they can see it all together. My husband is the most wonderful about it. He makes his fun of it, but is really supportive too. I have found that if you sport your collection with pride, people tend to not make fun. Cuz, even if people make their comments...it's not like they are going to stop me. lol

rybett:
Let's see, hubby thinks it's nuts.  However, we have a 6 yo daughter, so that helps.  He thinks customizing is dumb.  Cough...  Slot cars... 
Co-workers accept it as part of "me".   Except for the admin.  He's jealous that he will never get one, like some of the other staff have.  ;)
Have not polled Dad or siblings.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version