collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 34223 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
So there is hope!

Hopefully Mattel find an alternative way to root these dolls, like they did with the elastic legs, changing them to pegs instead of elastic.

Eee yay!
Actually, I prefered Elastics, they are repairable whereas plastic joints aren't really :huh: eeeee there is hope!
Very true :P

I haven't opened them any of mine yet, but I've seen pics of the elastic compared to the pegs, the elastic seems a lot better to me and it is repairable, which is great, but the change to pegs is in a way ok too because parents and sometimes other collectors who collect that aren't serious about MH Dolls like we would be wouldn't know how to fix the problem, so I guess rather than having the problem constantly happening and getting complaints, they took out the elastic and added the pegs.

Kinda like this situation right now with the seepage, we're discovering ways to stop the glue seepage, but I'm assuming a percentage of people that have no idea of what to do are freaking out and don't know what to do. So if there are enough complaints about the glue seepage, I can assume Mattel will probably come up with using a different way to root these dolls.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »
Someone on the last thread used the Twin Pines stuff, and it worked. I think glue seepage is just something we will all have to control and work on with periodic treatment. It will be annoying, but not represent the death of our dolls hopefully!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 02:07:37 PM »
Just in case you missed it from the last thread, my new Frankie heads out on the town to look for some new freaky fashions:

in unliving color by pukunui81, on Flickr

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 02:13:13 PM »
Looks like Mattel is going to take care of my complaint about the Powder Room playset:)  Not sure how, exactly, but ANYTHING is better than NOTHING:)  I still feel badly for complaining at all, though.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
Has anyone complained to Mattel about the new nocturnal and mythical CAM sets?   We're back to chimera dolls because there are no matching upper thighs or upper arms for the main torsos and heads in these packs.  Grrr. 

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
I LOVE my Nocturnal CAM.  She is the most beautiful "chimera" doll I've ever seen, if I do say so myself.  I'm gonna TRY to take some photos tonight.  I keep promising pics of some of my dolls, and I never follow through:(  I'm really proud of my glow in the dark monkey<3

If I were to make a complaint about that set, it would be that not everything glows in the dark :huh:  That just seems weird to me.  Does ANYONE'S Nocturnal torso glow?  It seems like it should.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline DiamondDreams

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
What color limbs did you use?   I was at a loss as to what to put with orange :).

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
I LOVE my Nocturnal CAM.  She is the most beautiful "chimera" doll I've ever seen, if I do say so myself.  I'm gonna TRY to take some photos tonight.  I keep promising pics of some of my dolls, and I never follow through:(  I'm really proud of my glow in the dark monkey<3

I'd love to see some pics :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 03:08:44 PM »
Yay new thread~!

I'm getting ready to head over to Wal-mart.. so hopefully I come home with a doll and my voucher can stop driving me crazy xD ;o;!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 03:20:41 PM »
 :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:
New Thread! [I'm 3 pages late, I know :) ]

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
What color limbs did you use?   I was at a loss as to what to put with orange :).

I had leftover parts from the torso pack Mattel thankfully released, so I used the Three Eyed Ghouls upper arms and legs.  I altered a blue and orange LIV dress, and she wears a blue LIV wig.  I also popped her ears onto the sides of her head <3  She's almost perfect.  It bothers me her ears don't want to stay flush with her face.  Other than that, I love her!

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
Which of the wave 2 were to be re-released now this fall?

Adoptable made by me

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

I had leftover parts from the torso pack Mattel thankfully released, so I used the Three Eyed Ghouls upper arms and legs.  I altered a blue and orange LIV dress, and she wears a blue LIV wig.  I also popped her ears onto the sides of her head <3  She's almost perfect.  It bothers me her ears don't want to stay flush with her face.  Other than that, I love her!

She sounds awesome! :D Do you have any pictures?

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »
My Nocutrnal set torso and green head did not glow. I returned it. Between the freaky flat face and missing upper limbs I was already not that into it...the not-glowing was just adding insult to injury!

Offline DiamondDreams

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »

She sounds awesome! :D Do you have any pictures?

Looking forward to pictures :). Blue and orange are one of my fav combos.....I could see that working :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal