Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Is this pony a prototype?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Barnacle_lady:
I also go for Euro packaging since we don't have Argos or Target :) But they were commonly available

cowboyopossum:
I don't really see how a packaged pony could be a prototype. Seems odd, no? Most prototype ponies I have seen have been packaged in just a plastic bag.

Definitely just European packaging. If the seller charged for a prototype pony I would ask for a partial refund.

Fluttershy:

--- Quote from: cowboyopossum on March 28, 2024, 05:33:26 AM ---I don't really see how a packaged pony could be a prototype. Seems odd, no? Most prototype ponies I have seen have been packaged in just a plastic bag.

Definitely just European packaging. If the seller charged for a prototype pony I would ask for a partial refund.

--- End quote ---
I think the seller was trying to sell it as a "mock up pack", like a sort of example of what the final packaging would look like. I only paid $40 USD for it though, so I'm not too concerned about getting my money back.

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Fluttershy on March 28, 2024, 06:10:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: cowboyopossum on March 28, 2024, 05:33:26 AM ---I don't really see how a packaged pony could be a prototype. Seems odd, no? Most prototype ponies I have seen have been packaged in just a plastic bag.

--- End quote ---
I think the seller was trying to sell it as a "mock up pack", like a sort of example of what the final packaging would look like. I only paid $40 USD for it though, so I'm not too concerned about getting my money back.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't take a lot of work for them to find out what they really have before they sell it though. Unfortunately there's a lot of this uninformed selling going on :/

If you are ok with the price then there's probably no need to ask for a refund or whatever, but maybe drop the seller a line so they don't make the same mistake in the future :)

Carrehz:
Sadly this seems to happen a lot with G4s. I once saw someone trying to sell a Sugarcup for hundreds because she was in "rare variant packaging" (she was initially released as "Cupcake" before they changed her name to "Sugarcup".. or the other way around, I forget) -___-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version