collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which pony is the most likely to be popular as a G4 style toy? Pick 3

Firefly
96 (23%)
Surprise
39 (9.3%)
Posey
14 (3.3%)
Twilight
17 (4.1%)
Sparkler
8 (1.9%)
Medley
21 (5%)
Glory
33 (7.9%)
Bowtie
19 (4.5%)
Snuzzle
8 (1.9%)
Sundance
14 (3.3%)
Gusty
64 (15.3%)
Fizzy
36 (8.6%)
Wind Whistler
20 (4.8%)
Moondancer (G1)
29 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 130

Author Topic: My thoughts on getting some G1 to G4 ponies from Hasbro *Poll added*  (Read 4776 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Re: My thoughts on getting some G1 to G4 ponies from Hasbro
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
Also, Hasbro created the original ponies and first set of rainbow ponies for the 25th anniversary so they couldn't be a copyright issue :)

They didn't put in the names, so I guess you can say that Hasbro can the same thing off again with the G4s. Somehow they are not very keen.

I don't think making just 1 pony is going to make me very interested. I will be more compelled to collect if Hasbro actually makes more than just Firefly. It's either they make a full set, or don't bother at all.

I don't think the first 6 collector's ponies is a good idea because while they are the "classic", they are too tame and mild to create a big bang as an introduction set. I would like to see something more vibrant and interesting such as maybe the Twinkle Eyes or Twice As Fancy, if not characters from Year 4/5/6. Something fancy and not look tacky when put into prduction.

Personally, I'd like to a 4 seasons unicorn set, with a G1 unicorn representing a different season and sold in a box set.

Spring - Majesty
Summer - Greek Sunbeam
Autumn - Gusty
Winter - Powder

Foronce, I'd like to see symbols on both flanks and a thicker tail.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline CrystalMist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »
I agree with you, and this may seem silly, but I wish they'd bring back sea ponies.  :frolic: They are soo cute and were always my favorite.   :cheer:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »
I agree with you, and this may seem silly, but I wish they'd bring back sea ponies.  :frolic: They are soo cute and were always my favorite.   :cheer:

:like:

My vote would be for Gusty.  I think she'd fit in very well, and that's not just because I like Gusty either.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »

:like:

My vote would be for Gusty.  I think she'd fit in very well, and that's not just because I like Gusty either.

Yay another vote for Gusty, she has enough attitude to survive in Equestria :)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »
I would be happy to see any G1 made into a G4.  I would have suggested Majesty but in G1 time she was the Queen of the ponies, lived in Dream Castle and Spike lived with her.  She wouldn't be able to have her own playset or anything so I'm not sure how that would work.

How is Hasbro finding out what bronies want anyway?  Hasbro said they lurk here they should know what collectors want too.

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »
Another pony I'd like to see brought back is twinkle eyes. Any of them, but preferably GingerBread. Or Mimic. Or Quakers. Or Masquerade.
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »
There is not a copyright issue with these ponies and with these names. That whole thing is just an excuse. And as Hasbro never actually said it - it was Faust which claimed that is what they told her - I still take any of that genuinely having been actually said with a giant pinch of salt.

There is absolutely nothing stopping Hasbro trademarking a G1 pony name. Applejack's very existence in the G4 line - in her G1 colours, symbols is enough evidence let alone getting down in to the legalities of it.

In all actuality, Applejack has the name most likely to have copyright issues(and other issues for that matter).  Applejack is the name of a LIQUOR, and it far proceeds MLP, and was literally the liquor of the US before Bourbon took over.  It's actually very tasty. . .if you can find it. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 02:57:42 PM »
There is not a copyright issue with these ponies and with these names. That whole thing is just an excuse. And as Hasbro never actually said it - it was Faust which claimed that is what they told her - I still take any of that genuinely having been actually said with a giant pinch of salt.

There is absolutely nothing stopping Hasbro trademarking a G1 pony name. Applejack's very existence in the G4 line - in her G1 colours, symbols is enough evidence let alone getting down in to the legalities of it.

In all actuality, Applejack has the name most likely to have copyright issues(and other issues for that matter).  Applejack is the name of a LIQUOR, and it far proceeds MLP, and was literally the liquor of the US before Bourbon took over.  It's actually very tasty. . .if you can find it. 

But thats the joy of trademark - lots of things can be named the same thing as long as they are not impinging on one anothers identity. There are trademarks for plenty of other items which are also the names of ponies. *shrug* It was an easy argument to simply say "be quiet collectors we are having Fluttershy and not Posey".
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 03:05:26 PM »
What about a petition on change.org?  I am behind any movement for G1!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:59 PM »
Just my opinion but I agree we need to work on one pony and if that gets made work on a few more. Maybe the orginial poster can add a poll for a few of the older more popular ponies ie: Firefly, Glory, Gusty, Moondancer to see which our first pony should be. We need to stand united so Hasbro can't possibly ignore us. If they come back with the copy right excuse we need to tell them we don't care if she's called Firefly or Firefly Sparkle (:lol:)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »
Another pony I'd like to see brought back is twinkle eyes. Any of them, but preferably GingerBread. Or Mimic. Or Quakers. Or Masquerade.
They have contacts with brony sites like Equestria Daily.  Maybe we should make a Dream Valley Daily.

I vote Wind Whistler.  A nice color scheme, has been gaining some attention with bronies, and of course my favorite.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

diamondshy

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 09:45:27 PM »
Just my opinion but I agree we need to work on one pony and if that gets made work on a few more. Maybe the orginial poster can add a poll for a few of the older more popular ponies ie: Firefly, Glory, Gusty, Moondancer to see which our first pony should be. We need to stand united so Hasbro can't possibly ignore us. If they come back with the copy right excuse we need to tell them we don't care if she's called Firefly or Firefly Sparkle (:lol:)

Oh, hey!  Spike actually mentioned Moondancer by name in the first episode of FiM, so she wouldn't be a far stretch of the imagination!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
I think this is a great idea and perhaps Hasbro would finally pay attention if all of our voices were focused on one single character.  :)

Firefly isn't my first choice either but I'd happily support her re-release, her petition and any other chance we have to bring a g1 character onto the market.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
Leaning a little further into the late G1s, I really think a set of the 4 glittery Sweetheart Sisters (GSHS) would be an awesome introductory set. They all have glittery symbols, tinsel hair, and earrings! Plus, I would die if they really made Starflash again! Also, TAF ponies or Twinkle-eyed would be really cool to see as well as G4 re-introductions. Oh-me-oh-my!!! The possibilities!!!! I just hope they stay away from flocked ponies for now- they just end up so dirty and sad looking lol!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 12:07:17 AM »
Definitely Firefly. She's probably the biggest favorite G1 in the brony community. Surprise is also, so they would make quite a bit off of those two. In fact maybe have a G4 set that includes AJ, Firefly, Posey, Surprise, Twilight, and Sparkler since that's what the G4 mane 6 is based off of.
Besides them Glory, Bubbles ( ;) ),  Starshine, Moondancer (who's name was mentioned in the first episode of FiM), and Bowtie. Maybe some big brothers also.  Sea Ponies might have support also.

I wonder what the reaction to a G4 Sundance and Megan set would be? They've got the EqG human molds to work with now. :devious:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:12:02 AM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal