collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which products do you use to tame clear tinsel?  (Read 4965 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Which products do you use to tame clear tinsel?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:18:35 PM »
I only do this with something I *really* like, because it is super time consuming. Overall, the work looks good, but the stop some of those flyaway pieces I've resorted to straightening sections of tinsel, then piece by piece holding each stand and sliding the iron (((Gently NO pressure))), on either side. check to see how it falls, and continue. It's really hard to explain. But those curlies drove me batty, and they definitely difficult to remove.

I'll look into that, thank you very much. ^^
Basically this girl is practice for restoring my childhood Pony Bride and Princess Sparkle. Who I'd love to get back into proper condition.
So even if it's time consuming I'd love to learn how to get them back in shape.
Maybe I should switch back to my tiny cheap flat iron and see what that does.
 I love the better one I'm using, but it's options for pressure tend to be either Absolutely None or Lot's of it, so maybe I end up tugging the tinsel too hard.

I just did a bride the other day. :D

It's not only pressure but where you start to apply the heat. apply the heat at the center of a strand, let it fall and you'll notice it bend right there. I use a mini curler, keep it closed and turn it over. I find I get the best control that way. to get as close to the root as possible (where the hair bends to fall anyway!) and start there with the 2nd round of straightening. You'll never get perfection. Even my MIB brides have a curly bit here or there, but it will look good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal