collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Smart phones!  (Read 939 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Smart phones!
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
So my employer agreed to pay for my smart phone for me!  So thrilled!!! I am glad since I have a super old iphone that barely works- but the old girl has been good to me :D

I was thinking I wanted a nice shiny iphone 6-  but my wife has been irritated lately at the battery life- basically she needs to charge it daily which ticks her off.  So I was thinking of switching to a non iphone-

what should I get?  I am truly not tech-savvy and would appreciate any recommendations you might have...

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Smart phones!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 12:47:36 PM »
I'd highly recommend a Android of some sort.  I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I love it soooo much!  Everyone I know who owns a Galaxy or Note seems to enjoy their phones and have no real issues with them.

Just a funny little thing to add in here: In my group of friends, two of them have iPhones and constantly complain about them.  Everyone else has a Samsung, whether it be a Galaxy or Note (it's really weird that it happened that way).  Whenever one of the iPhone owners starts complaining, we all just pull out our phones and say something along the lines of "Hmm, I don't know what you're talking about." It's mostly us just poking fun, but at the same time I don't really get owning something and complaining about it all the time, you know?

As far as battery life goes, I can play games on my phone, browse the internet and listen to Spotfiy throughout the day and it doesn't seem to be too big of a drain on the battery.  I charge mine every night, though.  If not every night, then I wait for it to die completely before charging it.  Sometimes it might be two whole days before it does that.  For me, I just like that I don't have to rush to grab my charger during the day.  Even if that means it'll be at 12% by the time I get home.  :lol:  Still, much better than the phone I had before I got this one, which would die completely after a few hours of just being on.

Seriously though, if you want to go for another iPhone, then go for it!  I know plenty of people who love their new iPhones just fine.  ^.^
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »
I have also heard nothing but great things about the Galaxy- although I feel like my friends are not impartial since half of them work for Microsoft... :P

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
Looks like you've gotten some great suggestions so far.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I love. It's a bit large for my small hands but I prefer it above the mini. Boyfriend just got himself a Galaxy s5 which he is very satisfied with and his best friend has the s4.. so I recommend any of those.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »
I was definitely leaning towards a Galaxy-  just wanted to check with real non-partial people to see if there are any issues with them.  Primarily I am concerned with ease of use, since I am easily baffled by technology, alas.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 01:18:18 PM »
I ll second the S5 :) Looooove. But I will admit to being an inverted snob when it comes to Apple products so perhaps not the best opinion (also I am brand loyal to Samsung in just about everything except for cameras). But I will say that while the previous S range have had battery issues, I think its something Samsung have fixed with this phone - much better and much longer lasting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
I went from an iPhone 4 to an S3 to an S5...love the Galaxy line. The battery is phenomenal! DH has an S4 for work, and he had a RAZR M...which I hated, but it was his first smartphone haha.

Agree with hathorcat--the battery on the S5 is a huge improvement over the S3, which was a huge improvement on the iPhone LOL

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »
I have an I phone 6. I did try the Galaxy S5 and hated it. I'm not tech savvy so it was to smart for me.

My battery will last all day and I do a bunch of things on it. I guess it is a preference really.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »
I prefer the Android setup. I have an old Galaxy S3, but I'd go for one of the newer models. Mine may be outdated but I love it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »
Another S5 here haha! My brother has the HTC M8 One and he seems to like it a lot. It a actually has a few features I wish my S5 had haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 10:03:02 AM »
I have an I phone 6. I did try the Galaxy S5 and hated it. I'm not tech savvy so it was to smart for me.

My battery will last all day and I do a bunch of things on it. I guess it is a preference really.

Hmm, see that's what I'm afraid of. The Samsung and Androids sound like better phones- but they might be too smart for me...

Arg- the indecision...

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »
I have an iPhone now personally, for work I have a Samsung S3 that I really really hate. My friend and colleague has an S4 Active personally and an S3 for work as well, and she loves her S4 Active and really hate her work S3 too to be honest.

I'm exchanging my iPhone for an Android soon to but would personally never go for Samsung, I'm getting a Sony Xperia Z3 compact. I've had iPhone for four years, and I think changing Apple for Android might not be so easy, I mean I'm really used to iOS :)

Honestly I think it's mostly down to personal preferences, if you have a chance to borrow a friend's Android (either company) and text, e-mail and surf the Internet a bit I think that'll give you a good enough feeling :)
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
Another S5 here haha! My brother has the HTC M8 One and he seems to like it a lot. It a actually has a few features I wish my S5 had haha!
My brother has that phone too, it's awesome!  He was upset that I didn't go for the same phone when I did my upgrade in September, but he said my S5 was the "next best thing" so he wasn't as mad at me.  :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 11:38:44 AM »
Well, I'm not that techsavy and I get the Samsung. I was in a rush yesterday but will comment some more now. The battery last for days if you turn off the wifi or put it on flightmode during nights. Like most androids you can connect to your google account which makes it easy to keep tabs on your calendar. It has a huuuge memorycard and I think I have a lot of apps and music and pictures on it and it's still not even half full.

I did have a problem with my phone after a software update. I had to turn it in and be without it for about two weeks but I got it back and i has worked fine ever since. If you miss the look of an iphone the s5 has a setting that makes it look like it. Or you can just change the apps the way you want them to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal