collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 43971 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2016, 01:31:39 PM »
Me too :D

I can't wait to see what happens next!  It is odd they didn't explain the disappearance of - um, that one.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 17, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
Just saw a Steven Universe themed Monopoly set on Entertainment Earth's site. They also have Yahtzee with one of Garnet's gauntlets as the shaker. I neeeeeed!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »
Just saw a Steven Universe themed Monopoly set on Entertainment Earth's site. They also have Yahtzee with one of Garnet's gauntlets as the shaker. I neeeeeed!

Ooh, I wonder what the game will look like?  I am always disappointed when the themed Monopolies are just regular monopoly with a fancy box and figures. I want all of the properties to be themed!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
Hmmm, these last three episodes.  They were cute, but I guess I was expecting a little more. Doesn't SU usually have a bit more depth?  These seemed very fillery. 

A little disappointed.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
Hmmm, these last three episodes.  They were cute, but I guess I was expecting a little more. Doesn't SU usually have a bit more depth?  These seemed very fillery. 

A little disappointed.

I actually enjoyed them a lot - the beginning episodes of Steven Universe could have been classified as "filler" also, because they don't necessarily move the plot forward, but they offer further insight into the characters and their interactions. :) (I also couldn't handle that cliffhanger at the end, so I spoiled myself and watched the next leaked episode, oops!!)

Spoilery talk here -
Spoiler
I'm not sure how I felt about the casting of Lapis Lazuli as "unfair" for not immediately forgiving her former captor and embracing her in intense friendship. Um, she WAS kidnapped, interrogated and transported against her will on this person's commands, remember??? Why is Steven (thus, the writers) glossing this over...??? I mean, Steven IS a kid, I just got the feeling that the writers are using Steven as their mouthpiece to illustrate that Lapis is in the wrong for not being "forgiving" enough... But then, I'm still not 100% sold on Peridot, so I'm not unbiased. ;) She's hilarious, but also a little annoying, IMO, since I never really cared much for Invader Zim!

I just hope that the fact that they sort of let it "drop" at the end, without demanding a clear "I forgive you" from Lapis, means that Steven is going to chill for a bit on this particular unfair line of questioning. Obviously, Steven is a character with flaws and strengths, I just worry that the writers are trying to show that Lapis is in the wrong for something that she shouldn't be?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »
Steven Universe does have quite a bit of filler throughout but they tend to be pretty entertaining and still introduce new concepts (like in Steven Floats) and sometimes give information in a more subtle way.

Spoilers below if you haven't watched the leaks!

Spoiler
I agree Snapdragon, Lapis went through a lot. She comes off cold and aloof for a reason, not only towards Peridot but also the crystal gems for what happened during the war. I love that Steven wants everyone to be friends and unite but things don't happen this quick (and they shouldn't, I don't want this being like FIM). I'm putting trust in the writers because they do so good on this show but I understand your fears.

On a less serious topic, I LOVE RUBY AND SAPPHIRE SO MUCHHHH  :wail: Gosh they're just so cute and they love each other so much. Seeing them interact together is one of my favorite parts of the entire series. I really loved that entire episode with the baseball game and all the different ruby's! That's one of my favorites now. Also, the human names XD Lapis is just "Bob"  :haha:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »
Yikes, I didn't like Lapis to begin with, and with every new appearance I like her less and less. We, the audience, knows that Peridot is reformed, but Lapis doesn't, and it's frustrating to see her refuse (as always) to accept the truth she doesn't want to hear. I hope she comes around eventually.

But more Rubies, yay! And our Ruby and Sapphire are adorable together, as always.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »
Yikes, I didn't like Lapis to begin with, and with every new appearance I like her less and less. We, the audience, knows that Peridot is reformed, but Lapis doesn't, and it's frustrating to see her refuse (as always) to accept the truth she doesn't want to hear. I hope she comes around eventually.

Oh thank goodness it's not just me XD I don't dislike Lapis, exactly, but I don't like her nearly as much as half the fandom seems to, either.. she's too much of a martyr for my tastes, lol. I hope we get to see a more likeable side of her soon, too.

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2016, 08:41:43 AM »
I don't know why this cracks me up so much  :snicker: :snicker: :facepalm:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 30, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »
Because it is very funny- !

Oh and I was looking around on the Cartoonnetwork site-  they have better pictures of the Monopoly game- it looks awesome!  SU figures for the tokens, and also the board properties are SU themed!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 02, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »
yay stumbled into this thread :-) kids watched it when we were on vacation last summer in AZ and now we just pre-bought the season... what can I say

add us to the "like" column :-)

hey, does anyone know if Rebecca Sugar is doing any con appearances like how she was at san diego and new york from previous years ?? My oldest did her sculpture project and so

now I wanted to see if we could mail it to her (well cartoon network or some other handler) and so I started searching for any 2016 appearances ... anyone here know of any upcoming??

edited to add - it's a pencil holder (put them across the mouth - mostly decorative). And yes the base is a MLP surprise that was wrapped in that plaster stuff as an attempt to become a mummy pony and well = now it's just permanently entombed (halloween came early for that bait).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:02:57 PM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2016, 04:59:56 AM »
heya anybody at awesomecon this weekend?  Saw some gem groups cosplaying :-)  heck this con has characters from all over the multi-verse so there were plenty of bronies trotting about (trying out their cosplay before the "mane" event next month I wager) as well.   

I'm the one with big ears (super mom hearing... working on better listening skills) and a gaggle of future artists around me (waves) very glad my back is holding up for this walk-about

oh and to further the discussion about lapis not jumping in to forgiving peridot... I absolutely am fine for them to give her time to process a bit and not just jump into "OK earth is my home"... her backstory IMO falls into the tragic = she's stepped on during the evacuation and then put into that mirror and I'm still not clear if the crystal gems knew she was in there?  Didn't seem like they did - but the point is that Lapis in her headspace is still blaming them for treating her as an object and not rescuing her

there's an interesting reddit thread on this backstory

https://m.reddit.com/r/stevenuniverse/comments/4l21la/lapis_lazuli_timeline_analysis/

that I'll just add

I am fine for the show to keep the "iceberg effect" going (as I call it)  the kids just like to laugh at the silliness of things like the watermelon steven tribe and I like how there's a lot more depth in all of the interacting and relationships = good chat times with the family

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2016, 08:00:51 AM »
Spoiler
Personally, I'm glad Lapis doesn't forgive Peridot. Peridot may have changed, but she still doesn't understand WHY what she did was wrong. Lapis shouldn't have to forgive her abuser. Also, Peridot is still lacks empathy and is self absorbed. Liking Steven doesn't suddenly make her a good person. I wish... I wish they gave Steven more intelligence. His LOL IDK OPTIMISM personality is starting to grate on me as the show delves into deeper and more complex themes his character is not equipped to comprehend...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:02:51 AM by Flickerswift »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 06, 2016, 09:55:04 AM »
I am okay with Lapis not forgiving Peridot too, and I thought it was pretty insensitive of Steven to push the issue.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 06, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »
I'm really confused as to why "Steven Floats" didn't air here. It was in the French leak lineup after all?  Did they decide that more people watched it when it leaked online so just didn't bother? Huh.

Anyway, dog tags! I'm only 6 away from acquiring more. Excited to see how I can display them, I was considering taping the chains to a shelf of some sort and letting them dangle down.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal