collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 43977 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »
Sorry to go off topic, but my guy and I were watching some episodes last night (first time he's ever seen it) and he pointed out that Pearl displays a lot of innuendos and I'm watching episodes and now I can't unsee this.  Would gems have a "preference" so to speak?

I'm watching the first episode with Stevonnie in it and when Pearl and Garnet are dancing and Pearl gets pushed against the wall and blushes, and her many encounters with Rose... We could just read too far into this. But, I notice it with Spongebob too!

In other news, my binge watching is progressing nicely. ^^;;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
Ivaness, I honestly feel  they don't.
After all, their bodies are just an illusion ;)

And Pearl is...Pearl :s idk how to describe her except for neurotic and she gets flustered easily.

That dancing bit between her and Garnet may just be her "pretending" (for lack of a better word)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »
Ivaness, I honestly feel  they don't.
After all, their bodies are just an illusion ;)

And Pearl is...Pearl :s idk how to describe her except for neurotic and she gets flustered easily.

That dancing bit between her and Garnet may just be her "pretending" (for lack of a better word)
I didn't either, but once he said something, my brain switched to that direction. Haha.
Is there an episode where we learn how Steven became Steven? I'm still confused by his origins. (Granted, I'm not THAT far into the series.)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
No there isn't Ivaness, I doubt Steven Universe is gonna show that :lol:
But here's how I imagine it:

When Rose is in labor her body glows all white and slowly but steadily "morphs " to become Steven.

Well...its a short explanation  :lookround:
Oh no!

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2015, 03:01:55 PM »
No there isn't Ivaness, I doubt Steven Universe is gonna show that :lol:
But here's how I imagine it:

When Rose is in labor her body glows all white and slowly but steadily "morphs " to become Steven.

Well...its a short explanation  :lookround:
So, her and Greg really did " do the deed" for her to become pregnant?  I know Steven is half human.  This show just makes me want to question everything!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 03:06:32 PM »
I don't really question the show. I just go with the flow c:

Although I am interested in learning Pearl's,Garnet's and Amethyst's roots.

Young Pearl and Amethyst looks so cute! :D
Oh no!

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 03:10:32 PM »

Don't they!  I'm starting to REALLY really like Garnet. She's just so ... deadpan and it's amazing! I had no idea she was already a fusion. I get too involved in shows and want to know everything. :(

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »

Don't they!  I'm starting to REALLY really like Garnet. She's just so ... deadpan and it's amazing! I had no idea she was already a fusion. I get too involved in shows and want to know everything. :(
I freaked out when the revealed Garnet was a fusion! XD blabbering incoherently to my boyfriend XP
Oh no!

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2015, 05:37:21 PM »

I freaked out when the revealed Garnet was a fusion! XD blabbering incoherently to my boyfriend XP
oo I love my big square mom ;V;
I saw them fusing on tumblr about a month or so before hand when watching "oh this is what was on tumb-WHAT!"

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
I'm not sure if Pearl is interested in other gems in general--she seems focused on Rose Quartz for the most part.  My impression is that it was unrequited love, probably because she never had the courage to talk about her feelings with Rose.  But yeah . . .

"You just think about the life you'll have together after the war . . . You do it for her . . . *blushes cutely*  That is to say, you'll do it for him."

So here's rampant speculation on my part:

Spoiler
I think pearls are a low caste gem, based on Jasper making a snide remark about part of the team being "a pearl" and Pearl singing that line about "deep down you know you're not built for fighting."

So my theory is that Rose Quartz was the first person to treat Pearl like . . . a person.  Pearl fell in love with her, but still felt she was basically unworthy of Rose, so she channeled all her feelings into the "knight" thing, trying to show Rose how she felt.  This didn't work (Rose not being a mind reader), so Pearl is left glowering jealously at Greg--and probably every human Rose had fun with before.

So then there's Pearl and Steven.  Let me say that I think Pearl truly cares for Steven in a motherly way.  At the same time, I think on some level she's just trying to protect the one little piece of Rose Quartz that's left in the world.  In "Rose's Scabbard" she even says that she sometimes wonders if Rose can see her through Steven's eyes.

But speaking of inneundo, did anyone else get the impression that Greg was the latest in a string of human lovers that Rose had casual flings with?  Like she liked him but he was just an amusement at first, and it was only after their talk (after failing to fuse) that she started considering they could get serious despite their differences.  A lot of this is based on Greg's expression during the "What Can I Do For You" song--he looks very unsure.  Not like a guy who thinks things are going well.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2015, 09:07:29 PM »
Well they are aliens. So I'd imagine they don't understand the concept of human love/romantic relationships.

That "We Need To Talk" episode really got to my boyfriend though....
Oh no!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »
I think they might not understand human romantic relationships (at least not without effort, like the effort Rose Quartz made for Greg), but they do have their own equivalent.  Ruby and Sapphire are in the equivalent of a romantic relationship--Garnet says as much when she turns down the postal worker in 'Love Letters.'  "Three's a crowd."

Plus her awesome rap.  "Go ahead and try to hit me if you're able, can't you see that my relationship is stable? I know you hate the way we intermingle, but I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.  I am made o-o-of l-o-o-ove."

I think all the fusions are metaphors for relationships--some romantic and some platonic. Fusions like Jasper + Lapis Lazuli are the equivalent of toxic, unhappy relationships.

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
I think they might not understand human romantic relationships (at least not without effort, like the effort Rose Quartz made for Greg), but they do have their own equivalent.  Ruby and Sapphire are in the equivalent of a romantic relationship--Garnet says as much when she turns down the postal worker in 'Love Letters.'  "Three's a crowd."

Plus her awesome rap.  "Go ahead and try to hit me if you're able, can't you see that my relationship is stable? I know you hate the way we intermingle, but I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.  I am made o-o-of l-o-o-ove."

I think all the fusions are metaphors for relationships--some romantic and some platonic. Fusions like Jasper + Lapis Lazuli are the equivalent of toxic, unhappy relationships.

Yeah its heavily implied that Ruby and Sapphire are so in love that they can't stand to be seperated. Also in Keeping It Together she outright states it.  Hence to them fusion is I guess what you would consider a strong commitment in relation to humans (say marriage?) It translates enough between humans and gems, so they clearly have similar relationships but not exactly the same.

Offline Ivaness

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »
Reading all this makes me want to stay home and binge watch the rest!!! I don't think I've seen Love Letters or Keeping It Together yet.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »
Love Letters was not only really good, but also really really funny.  And sorry about the spoilers, I probably should have put that under a cut.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal