collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 568
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: I had my first Brony encounter, not a bad encounter!  (Read 1766 times)

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I had my first Brony encounter, not a bad encounter!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
I have never encountered a brony. I am alone in stalking the pink aisles in my town (well except for the little girls of course  :P)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

NumiTuziNeru

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
I love how brony sounds like, a separate species the way you talk about them
Bronicus vulgaris?

idk, my best friend's brother and sister are into it i guess.
friend and i are more ambivalent.

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
An old guy friend of mine introduced me to FiM, actually. And that's what reignited my interest in MLP. XD I also have someone I met once in college on my Facebook who is a brony. When I wished him a happy birthday, I noticed his cover photo had Twilight Sparkle in it so I brohoofed him. /)*  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
I am unashamed to say I like being called a pegasister.. because it has more of a meaning to me than simply a connection to said 'brony' cliche.

A wonderful, inspirational person who introduced me to MLP in the first place (and undoubtedly helped save my life) said something to me along the lines of us both being pegasisters together, she and I, and that we have to stick together and stay strong for each other because we can both do this.

So, proud pegasister for an entirely different reasoning. :lovey:
Fight like a girl..

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
I run into other bronies all the time, because I have an RD cutie mark and a stained glass Discord pins on my hat that I wear a lot. It's always really fun to run into other fans, or to just give them a bro-hoof in passing.

And yeah, all bronies aren't bad, but some do get embarrassed if someone "sniffs them out." Being a fan of MLP is a stigma all fans have to experience, sadly.

And it's okay to not like the term brony! Just call yourself a collector or a fan of older gens. We bronies don't mind :3 A lot of us female bronies don't like the term pegasister, either.

Yeah, I don't care for "pegasister." I feel that girls having their own title is too divisive. While I love all gens, I call myself a brony as well as an MLP fan in general.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »
I don't like to think of myself as a brony anymore. Not since those so called bronies hurt my feelings at TVTropes, then Facebook (seriously, Hasbro! No moderators guarding the page from vulgar insults and hurtful posts?!? I feel sorry for kids who go there from the address at the back of the box of the toys only to see all the fighting going on and vulgar words spewing forth. Got so PO'ed I unliked the Facebook page) and even Amazon (so I like G3 and Tales and don't like the direction G4 is heading. What gives them the rights to insult my intelligence and attack my review of the pony wedding?) and not wanting to be associated with them. I'm just a general pony collector now (though sometimes, I like to think of myself as Ponii no Otaking, one who has been enlightened on how each generation is it's own beauty and have ascended from stereotypical bronydom. On the other hand, it can be argued that I was never a brony and was always a ponii no otaking from the start- I started getting into MLP cartoons with Tales and MLP toys with G3).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:08:59 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »
Oh no!  I thought TVTropes was usually pretty cool with everyone.  Where were you posting your reviews before?

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
Oh no!  I thought TVTropes was usually pretty cool with everyone.  Where were you posting your reviews before?
Well, I wasn't posting reviews to TVTropes. I just put down some negative tropes of the show and it all got removed. Any trope I put down to show my dislike for the direction the show is heading is removed (some with rude comments put into the reason box). The only thing that doesn't get removed (but heavily edited nontheless) is some of the tropes I put down about the fandom in YMMV.

Idk. I want to stop here. Don't want to think about FIM anymore. Doesn't exist. Doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:49:04 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 05:58:27 PM »
I went to the screening and autograph signing in LA, so I encountered hundreds of bronies. My interactions all day were very pleasant. They were nice, polite and enthusiastic. I got several compliments on my G1 Applejack shirt. My interactions with bronies have always been very positive and I plan to go to more meetups in the SoCal area to meet more of them.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »
awesome! wish i could meet one!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 07:36:08 PM »
I went to the screening and autograph signing in LA, so I encountered hundreds of bronies. My interactions all day were very pleasant. They were nice, polite and enthusiastic. I got several compliments on my G1 Applejack shirt. My interactions with bronies have always been very positive and I plan to go to more meetups in the SoCal area to meet more of them.

Oh wow, it wasn't the LA Book Fair, was it? I went to that one, couldn't find any non-Bronies aside from a couple of moms with their kiddles! ^_^ /random Maybe I'll see you at EQLA!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal