collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Upcoming: Transformers / MLP crossover graphic novel  (Read 8238 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming: Transformers / MLP crossover graphic novel
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/BotConOfficial/photos/a.742830042424124/3635534479820318

I am ungraciously unbearably sick and tired of Twilight Shartle. Whatever, I hope you guys enjoy.

:really: :facepalm: :throw:

I'm not a Transformers person so I might be wrong, but isn't this an old fanmade thing? It says it's from 2014 and when I search the name of the con it apparently doesn't happen anymore?

Good catch. I didn't notice that.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 08:27:57 PM »
Botcon is apparently returning, but has been a source of great controversy because one of the major organizers is "Pete", who is racist, transphobic, etc.

It's a big kerfuffle because the Allspark (big TF forum) aligned itself with New Botcon as "the official forum of Botcon", and in response a bunch of Allspark moderators resigned.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 10:16:50 PM »
Why for do I check elsewhere :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Transformers fandom isn't actually that much different from bronies from what I've gathered.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 05:18:46 AM »
Oh wow, I do not agree with that at all.  Completely different culture and different attitude towards their characters / franchise.

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2020, 07:00:52 AM »
Absolutely hate this.

If it was either G1 MLP or even the current iteration of TF I wouldn't have minded it and it would've made more sense but oh boy, of course it had to be G1 TF + FiM aka more pointless regurgitated pop culture crossover garbage  :pout:

G4 is a disease IMO and the very ignorant comments by TF fans toward the previous MLP gens is not helping.

I lurk in TF forums enough to know that TF fans DO get to Brony levels of Bad, just in a different kind of way.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2020, 08:25:11 AM »
My dudes

It is not G1 Transformers.

It's "IDW2" (the IDW reboot universe).  Which, yes, does have a lot of TF characters who originated in G1.  But that is true of literally every iteration of Transformers that doesn't have "Beast" in the name. :)

Windblade is in it; she was created in 2013.  Gauge is in it, they (he?) debuted late last year.

Yeah, Transformers fans are not always nice.  But, as you observed, even when they behave badly, they act differently from bronies.  They have different priorities than bronies too.  Bronies were all about "G4 fandom unity" and looking down on other gens.  Whereas forum-based TF fans do not give a crap about unity, are always ready for a scrap, and generally appreciate at least a couple different gens.  (Some generations get less love, like the Armada trilogy.  But the "G1 only!" attitude that was prevalent in the 90s has faded away.)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2020, 08:25:38 AM »
Botcon is apparently returning, but has been a source of great controversy because one of the major organizers is "Pete", who is racist, transphobic, etc.

It's a big kerfuffle because the Allspark (big TF forum) aligned itself with New Botcon as "the official forum of Botcon", and in response a bunch of Allspark moderators resigned.

Ah I didn't know that. I can't afford to go to these things anyway.

Also I love that you used the word kerfuffle.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2020, 08:28:59 AM »
Kerfuffle is a fun word! :D

I've been to TFCon twice, and it was a blast.  And is run by nicer people, ha ha.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2020, 08:31:14 AM »
Absolutely hate this.

If it was either G1 MLP or even the current iteration of TF I wouldn't have minded it and it would've made more sense but oh boy, of course it had to be G1 TF + FiM aka more pointless regurgitated pop culture crossover garbage  :pout:

G4 is a disease IMO and the very ignorant comments by TF fans toward the previous MLP gens is not helping.

I lurk in TF forums enough to know that TF fans DO get to Brony levels of Bad, just in a different kind of way.

Its their comic iterations. Not strictly original. idk who or what all is in it, as I've only read a literal handful and passed them onto other people, but I'm not entirely sure if they have other generations of TFs in or not, such as Beast Wars, Animated, Prime etc.  Hasbro has a very different type of relationship with multiple generations of fans then they do with ours.

And to be fair, Hasbro does throw older gen mlp fans a bone now and then, even though it is through other people.

Post Merge: February 10, 2020, 08:34:08 AM

Kerfuffle is a fun word! :D

I've been to TFCon twice, and it was a blast.  And is run by nicer people, ha ha.

It is a fun word.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:34:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
I loved G1 Transformers.  And although I do occasionally enjoy other transformer generations, I don't feel even half the excitement as I felt for the 80s cartoon.  That makes it pretty hard for me to be in the fandom because it's a little boring.  Fandoms in general can be annoying as almost everyone thinks they're an expert.  Some are, some aren't but the arguments are sometimes so crazy.

I'm equally less excited for the G4 ponies.  So I guess I'll only read it if I happen to be in the right mood or if people start saying it's the best read ever.  I kind of want that to happen guys.  I hope it's good.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:15:07 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
I have that Knights of Unicron set, LOL. :haha: I feel like they could form a superband with The Misfits.

The main character is Boom Heart the Bear, a movie-exclusive character voiced by Shia LeBouf.

You’re making the wild assumption that this hypothetical mess wouldn’t be live-action. They’d just put Shia LeBouf in a onesie and CGI the Care Bear details, like that Cats movie last year.

Except instead of mostly humanoid figures with fur and cat features CGI'd on, it's a cartoony animated care bear with Shia Lebouf's face CGI'd onto its head.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2020, 10:49:48 AM »
My dudes

It is not G1 Transformers.

My dude, it's pretty obvious they made G1 the "evergreen" design and when some of us say "G1" we are talking about Evergreen. Virtually nobody expects this all to be set in the 80s with Megatron turning into a small handgun.

While we're at it, these ponies aren't FiM either. They are IDW. They still look like FiM, tho and that's the point :lol:

Hasbro/IDW is going with what they are producing right now. They don't have a MLP G1 inspired comic. But that's sad. That G1 Transformers is the "evergreen" for the TF brand but for the MLP brand the new normal are the FiM designs. If Hasbro catered to MLP fans like they did to TF fans, some of us would complain less :P
The reason why a lot of TransFans aren't as obsessed with G1 anymore is because we got all of those shiny new gens that use the evergreen designs and are based on the G1 world.
I played War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, it was pretty much a gritty, butched up version of G1 with more neon lights.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2020, 10:32:22 AM »
https://m.facebook.com/BotConOfficial/photos/a.742830042424124/3635534479820318

I am ungraciously unbearably sick and tired of Twilight Shartle.

:really: :facepalm: The fact that it has a face really makes me mad. :throw:

Whatever, hope you people enjoy.
It's not fake, just an unused concept, apparently. "Twilight Sparkle Prime" Great name. XD Glad they didn't make this for Botcon. To be honest this mock-up honestly feels like something they should have done for Hascon. That aside, I would totally buy Battle Unicorn in Twilight Sparkle colors. Maybe I'm biased because I like purple but I like them better than his original colors. Not a fan of those completely translucent plastic arms and pelvis he's sporting.
Spoiler

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 05:09:24 AM »
Eh this is kinda weird imo but I do know there seems to be a pretty fair crossover of mlp fans and transformer fans, so it’s kinda cool fans of both can see them in a comic book together! :)

I really don’t know anything about transformers, but the comic book store I go to sets aside the My Little Pony comics for me every month so I imagine I’ll end up buying this with whatever else they set aside for me! :lol:

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2020, 08:53:45 PM »
Oh man I canNOT say enough about how I love IDW. I read a ton of their comics. MLP, Ghostbusters, TMNT, Jem (before it was cancelled). Whoever over there had the sudden thought that "Whoa we can bring back all the cool stuff people loved from the 80's and write new stories!" and started getting the comic book rights to a bunch of 80's franchises was a genius.

I'm pretty sure this crossover is happening because IDW is trying out various crossovers with the brands they own the rights to. They've done a very successful run of TMNT/Batman crossover comics, working out-of-house with DC of course. And in fact an in-house Ghostbusters/Transformers crossover comic just finished. (Starscream is a ghost and yes he gets busted. XD ) I read it and although personally I'm not a big Transformers fan, I thought it was fun just to see what the writers thought to do with the idea. I imagine the MLP/Transformers comic will be the same thing. Just a fun little thing, see where they can take it.

My ponies and transformers had cross-overs all the time when I was a kid. 

Best comment in the whole thread. :lmao:

My ponies played with my giant plush Care Bears quite a bit!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal