collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July  (Read 50435 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2015 Exclusive - Online 28th July
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »

i'm  wodnering if its that Ugly   Daring do funko  that we've seen  popping up on ebay from china.

Funko Daring Do? Mind elaborating? I'm a member of the Funko forums and this has never been brought up, so I'm curious.

People here just tend to call anything with molded hair "Funko" because it's kinda their thing.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 07:49:41 AM »
Never seen this Daring Do people are talking about can someone post a picture or PM me a link.

For Sale Wants

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 08:17:04 AM »
Ok so let's have a look at who we had in the past that has been G4 based

Bubbles/Ditzy Doo (brushable)

DJ Pon-3 (molded hair, gems, light up display)

Mane-iac w/Spike (glittery, plastic hair that wasn't too much bendable)

I would love a Big Mac pony as long as they give him his own mold and not like what they did with Shining Armor
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:22:05 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 08:57:15 AM »
i'm  wodnering if its that Ugly   Daring do funko  that we've seen  popping up on ebay from china.

This was also my speculation! But I also think it could be a power pony.

Are you guys talking about the fashion style Daring Do? *confused* I am aware of no new Funko Daring Do, there was the original and the glitter only  ??

There is no way Hasbro would have a Funko pony as the SDCC Pony.

IF you guys are talking about the FS Daring Do-  I also say no way because clearly that pony is decorated in that ToysRus style with all the extra bits- like the little Bon Bon and a few others.  So no.

I don't think we've had a peak at the SDCC pony yet- I'm sure they've figured out how to keep it under wraps finally - I am very excited though to see who it will be-  I hope Chrysalis!!!!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

Funko Daring Do? Mind elaborating? I'm a member of the Funko forums and this has never been brought up, so I'm curious.

People here just tend to call anything with molded hair "Funko" because it's kinda their thing.

Oh, okay. I was really confused because...yeah. Well, whatever it is, I doubt it's Funko. :lol:

Post Merge: May 15, 2015, 09:07:16 AM

I don't think we've had a peak at the SDCC pony yet- I'm sure they've figured out how to keep it under wraps finally - I am very excited though to see who it will be-  I hope Chrysalis!!!!

Yes yes yes to Chrysalis! I need more of my Queen!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »
I'm sure Funko will have its own pony SDCC exclusive- but it will just be a re-color of a pony we've already seen (that is what they generally do)

I actually thought that the Mane-iac with a totally unique mold for the pony and the unique mold for spike- was pretty awesome and creative last year! I hope the design team thinks up something really cool this year too :D

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:03 AM »
my big hope is a 6 set of the G4 ponies with their g1 designs, I can only dream  :cry:

and I think this is the Daring Do they were talking about visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 09:50:02 AM »
I don't think thats the Daring Do they were talking about thats clearly a hasbro FS pony.

For Sale Wants

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 09:57:35 AM »
Yeah, Funko will most definitely have their own thing. I wish they hadn't introduced the black versions of the ponies. I liked the glitters being their exclusives... Oh well.

Oh, that?  That's clearly a fashion style pony, not Funko!  :lol: I'm also pretty sure it's been determined that that Daring Do will be a part of the Toys R Us exclusive line for this year. If it ends up being the SDCC exclusive, I'd be shocked (and upset).
Instagram / Want List

Offline Jordan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
Yeah, Funko will most definitely have their own thing. I wish they hadn't introduced the black versions of the ponies. I liked the glitters being their exclusives... Oh well.

Oh, that?  That's clearly a fashion style pony, not Funko!  :lol: I'm also pretty sure it's been determined that that Daring Do will be a part of the Toys R Us exclusive line for this year. If it ends up being the SDCC exclusive, I'd be shocked (and upset).
yeah, she's the only daring do that's recently came out that I can think of  :blink:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
Probably another version of Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy with a molded mane and some new paint color gimmick :\ I'm not getting my hopes up.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
Probably another version of Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy with a molded mane and some new paint color gimmick :\ I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm highly doubting this, to be honest.  While Hasbro really does love to give us the mane 6 over and over with regular releases, none of them have ever been an SDCC exclusive.  We had :muffin:, Vinyl Scratch and the Mane-iac and Hum-Drum last year.  At the very least, the SDCC exclusives have been somewhat original, so I'd like to give them a little more credit than that.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 10:43:45 AM »

I'm highly doubting this, to be honest.  While Hasbro really does love to give us the mane 6 over and over with regular releases, none of them have ever been an SDCC exclusive.  We had :muffin:, Vinyl Scratch and the Mane-iac and Hum-Drum last year.  At the very least, the SDCC exclusives have been somewhat original, so I'd like to give them a little more credit than that.

Yeah- I'm sure it will be something interesting and unusual, even if not everyone likes it (which I'm sure will be the case). I'm sure it won't be a mane-6 although I guess it is possible they could do a Flutterbat or some other fan favorite character variation...

Whatever it is- I hope they have learned their lesson with the be-dazzler! I liked DJ well enough with the light show gimmick, but she was pricey for what she was.  I thought the Mane-iac/Humdrum set was much cooler. 

It was interesting that they also did a SDCC Equestria Girl last year- I'll be curious to see if they do that again, their doll line seems to be selling pretty well these days.  If they do- will it fit in with the pony in some way? Probably right? 

Soo.... maybe a large Chrysalis pony and a Chrysalis deluxe equestria girl? I would so get those....

Offline Jordan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »

Yeah- I'm sure it will be something interesting and unusual, even if not everyone likes it (which I'm sure will be the case). I'm sure it won't be a mane-6 although I guess it is possible they could do a Flutterbat or some other fan favorite character variation...

Whatever it is- I hope they have learned their lesson with the be-dazzler! I liked DJ well enough with the light show gimmick, but she was pricey for what she was.  I thought the Mane-iac/Humdrum set was much cooler. 

It was interesting that they also did a SDCC Equestria Girl last year- I'll be curious to see if they do that again, their doll line seems to be selling pretty well these days.  If they do- will it fit in with the pony in some way? Probably right? 

Soo.... maybe a large Chrysalis pony and a Chrysalis deluxe equestria girl? I would so get those....
not to mention DJ PON-3 has been available from the fan favorites and EQG dolls since then, if you add that to the SDCC she really isn't that special anymore. :(
and lets just say I wasn't happy when they made Ditzy into the fan favorites >.<

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 12:09:36 PM »

That would be freaking awesome :D I'd be all over that :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal