collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Michael Bay and the new live action TMNT  (Read 6978 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Michael Bay and the new live action TMNT
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »

http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_29247/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=wjtlAwz5

Sooooo who else has heard about Bay deciding to change the WHOLE BASIS for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the new live action movie?

Yes, it's true... in the new movie, the turtles we all grew up with will no longer be mutants. He's changed the story and is saying they're ALIENS.

Aliens.
The Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles will now be the Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles.

I think I'd rather let 4Kids have the rights back to the shows! At LEAST they stuck to Kevin and Peters original story line somewhat!

Bay already destroyed Transformers with his movies, why does he need to get his explosion-loving childhood destroying hands on the Turtles?

Is MLP next on his list? Monchee-chees? Street Sharks? Cowboys of Moo Mesa?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Michael Bay and the new live action TMNT
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:12:47 PM »
But-but-but! Mutant is offensive!!!11!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »
Lame.  While I'm in no way a die-hard TMNT fan, I did like the first movie, the cartoons, and the video games.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »
Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles?  Kill it with FIRE!!! :enraged:

I'm not a die-hard fan either, but that's just ridiculous!

creampuf

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:51:48 PM »
Next on his list:

He-Man is a cyborg, Battle cat is now a transforming tank that carries 16 nukes, the power of Greyskull is actually a moving fortress that carries 200 battle mechs and Orko is the mastermind who controls it all with a joystick.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
I like this game, creampuf.

I had one typed up about Bravestarr, but ... that show was implausible enough.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

creampuf

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:32 PM »
My Little War Pony, Firefly's Grand Assault of Planet 9

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
I liked the Transformers movies, especially the last one, but I don't like the sound of this. It almost sounds like he is trying to shoehorn the Transformers plot into the Ninja Turtles.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
Geez. I bet April O'Neil will be barely dressed in it too like the Transformers female costars were. =P This sounds like an atrocity. Even though I wasn't allowed to, I loved the original cartoon when I was a kid.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »
Ugh. Just ugh.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
Somebody introduce Bay to the Biker Mice from Mars.  That ought'a be right up his alley.  He might even do a halfway decent job with Silver Hawks, Voltron or any of the other technologically themed cartoons of the eighties, but Ninja Turtles?  Seriously?  Bay, why are you even interested in this series?  This is so unlike you.  Where will you get your explosions?  Is that why they have to be aliens?  Katana aren't exciting enough for you so you have to give them Optimus Prime's energon swords?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was SACRED to me in my childhood and the thought of him Baying it up the way he did Transformers is enough to break my heart.  Hey, Michael Bay!  There is a time and a place for your style of movie.  Find it and stay there!

Bee-chan

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 03:13:55 PM »
I liked the Transformers movies, especially the last one, but I don't like the sound of this. It almost sounds like he is trying to shoehorn the Transformers plot into the Ninja Turtles.

His says he wants to make their backstory not so muddled and unclear. So his answer to this, as is with most of his movies, it seems, is ALIENS.

But what gets me is that the original backstory WASN'T muddled or unclear. It was very straight on, if he had only taken the time to actually research the original comics by Kevin and Peter.

The Utroms had become stranded on Earth, so they had to create human looking body suits ( which were the inspiration for Krangs' mechanical body ). Utroms, disguised as humans, all got jobs, saved their money, then used said money to purchase a building. They used their teleporter to transfer things between their planet and Earth, including chemicals. And to transport these chemicals, they used ordinary looking vans, which they drove in the human suits, to and from where ever they were going.

And it just so happened that one day, an old blind man was crossing the street in front of their van, their brakes weren't going to stop the van in time, but a young man jumped from the sidewalk to push the blind man out of the way. One of the chemical canisters came out of the back of the van, hit the young man on the head. The Utroms stopped to make sure everyone was ok, but they couldn't find the canister.

Splinter, as a rat now wandering the streets of NYC, saw the canister bounce down the street, and smash into a glass fish bowl with four baby turtles, held by a little boy in a red hoodie who was leaning over the railing blocking an open man hole cover ( he and his dad were watching the whole accident scene ).

The broken canister, glass, water, and baby turtles fell into the open man hole, boy cried his eyes out in his dads arms. Splinter went down into the sewer, and scooped the turtles, who were now covered in chemicals, into a coffee can. And since humans were the creatures that both the turtles and Splinter had been in the most contact with, they became mutants with the minds of humans, since the chemicals most likely got into their blood streams and messed with their DNA.

It happens, scientists have prooven and created mutations, as has nature itself.

How is that a muddled and unclear backstory when I have the books explaining EVERYTHING on my lap ( literally ) and over in a box on my shelves?

The man... Bay... he just doesn't get it, does he?

Post Merge: March 19, 2012, 03:21:42 PM

Geez. I bet April O'Neil will be barely dressed in it too like the Transformers female costars were. =P This sounds like an atrocity. Even though I wasn't allowed to, I loved the original cartoon when I was a kid.

Actually, apparently Megan Fox can't stand him either! Called him an A-youknowtherestoftheword.

But yeah, you know he's going to cast a boobiiscious chicky to play April. We're going to have another early cartoon big tahtah'd April who needs rescuing every single episode.

And how are they going to include Splinter? Or Shredder? Or Casey? Ooooooh, I'm kind of afraid of what he's going to do to Casey! T^T
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:21:42 PM by Bee-chan »

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
Somehow, with Michael Bay, this ridiculous premise does not surprise me in the least.  -_-'

PandoraFox

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
Yeeeaaah. There goes another childhood love, and here I'd hoped that his company would only do the financing, and leave everything else up to, well, anyone but Micheal Bay.

Of course, this is the guy who looked at one of the most heroic cartoon characters created in the 80s, and then decided he'd make a head hunting, spine ripping psychopath out of him. I really should have seen this coming.....

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
Yeeeaaah. There goes another childhood love, and here I'd hoped that his company would only do the financing, and leave everything else up to, well, anyone but Micheal Bay.
Same.

Bayturtles...

Eastman and Laird shouldn't have sold the rights to Viacom.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:47:24 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal