collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Time to take a step back. Closing Rooting tools/Commisions permanently.  (Read 829 times)

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
To whom it may concern... I have now been tattooing for 7 years. Very soon to be 8. This is still young in tattoo years. I have come to a crucial decision in my life, one that I cannot make lightly. I have a very very bad habit of turning hobbies into money making businesses. I started making custom action figures and My Little Ponies over 9 years ago when I was a veterinary technician. I was tired of the daily grind and my partner in crime insisted I could do something with my artwork in the field of tattooing being a seasoned and skilled tattoo artist himself. It was something that I had attempted to break into a long time before and it just didn't work out. Thankfully after a few failed apprenticeships I still had the desire to continue with my goal. That's when I was suggested to Craven Ink. it was my last attempt to give it a go. They have stuck with me through thick and thin. I'll state again they are some of the few people that can put up with me.

I stress. Everyday. That I'm not good enough. That I need to try more. That I need more devotion, more application, more technique, more learning. More blood, more sweat, more tears. And I do. Those of you that know me well know that I have MANY hobbies. Many outlets. Many business ventures.

As of today, I am parting with them. I will no longer be selling doll hairing tools or needles. I will not longer be selling made to order zombie jewelry. I will not longer be offering pre-sales on prints. I am done. I need to do this to relieve my stress. I have been caught up in making that extra little bit of money to support my collecting habit (you say 2,500+ ponies is enough. I say no. never.) I have been caught up in the delight of the sale. I have been caught up in the pursuing of monetary means and fulfillment. I say no, NO MORE. I spend my days off huddled next to my computer printing and arranging endlessly. I spend it hunched over an art desk airbrushing and sculpting. I spend it grinding needle after needle after needle. I wake up to a to do list that doesn't involve "fun" or "relax". I come home every night and toil away or stress out when I don't. I find excuses not to work on things I should because it stresses me.

I can't do this anymore. I need to focus on my artwork. I need to focus on my passion on tattooing. I need to cast aside my business ventures and grow as a person, not as a business(s). I am good enough by myself to do this. I am accepting I cannot do everything. TATTOOING has become my career and my passion. It's time to show it I can stand tall. I need to focus on family. On friends. On life. On enjoyment. On breathing. On the little things.

So on that note----I will be finishing all of my previous commitments. If you have a trade with me or a commissioned piece----you will receive it. My kickstarter funders will be fulfilled. My current orders will be filled and my currents stock will me sold. After I have run out of ready made stock---- back stock and materials will be sold as destash or put up on Etsy or eBay. I must say goodbye. I must become better for myself. I will become more FOCUSED on tattooing. I will still paint. For myself and my clients. I will share when I am ready to share with prints, and selling my creations. I will sell prints as I have time. I will still be doing ponies. But I will be doing what I want to do, and then selling them possibly. The same with paintings. No more commissions.

I am sorry those of you who that disappoints, but when a hobby that you once found joyful becomes a burden---something must be changed. If I make things that people want to buy, I'll be happy to offer them if I chose to sell, but I will not be guilted into it. This is for me. It is my choice, and mine alone. I feel like this is one step in many. Thank you for understanding. ---The Management.
Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Re: Time to take a step back. Closing Rooting tools/Commisions permanently.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
 :hug:  Whatever decision you make, as long as you decide that's the best decision for you, know that I will always wish the best for you, even as an internet stranger.  :lol:  I still remember when you were selling prepped custom baits and I'm so glad that I was able to buy the one from you that I did.  I always look forward to your posts on this board, and hopefully moving forward you can enjoy customizing from a place of relaxation and joy.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
I want a tattoo, have a design picked out and everything, but I'm a chicken.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
:hug:  Seeing your work was what inspired me to try customizing in the first place but I'm glad you're going to do what you love most. All of the wonderous works you made will live on to inspire others and I'm tempted to buy another of those rerooting tools from you.  ;)  One day I may actually get that third tattoo I have planned and maybe I'll end up taking a day trip over to get y'all to do it. Have fun!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »
:hug: All the best to you, BarbedDragon. I've admired your customs and work for a long time. I hope you can find a way to make things more enjoyable again, just for you. :)
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
:hug: I feel even more honored to have one of your customs now!

I know how you feel. I am still working on my last commissions that I had commited to, but I too stopped taking any more a while ago. I feel like it really kills my creativity sometimes and I kind of like the luxury of being able to shelve a project (indefinitely if needs be) if its misbehaving a lot. I HATE shipping off a pony I don't love because I just had to crank it out. I also have kids and sometimes they need me a LOT. Like 36-hours a day ;)

Best of luck in all your endeavors! And thanks again for my gorgeous pony!!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 08:02:59 PM »
Totally understand!  Follow your Muse, you will do amazing things!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
I always enjoyed looking at your customs and your art :)

I agree that if a hobby you once enjoyed is no longer a passion but instead a punishment, it's not worth the heartache and stress to continue to put yourself through that. You have to follow your heart and do what makes you happy. It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought and you've reached the decision that's best for you  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
PREACH!! :D Do what's right for *you*. You deserve it!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:34:23 PM by Thrice »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 03:22:44 AM »
:hug:
Sounds like you're taking a very important step. Best of luck!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »
Your ponies are beautiful and will be missed,having said that you MUST do what is best for you and I wish you the best of luck with your new adventure xx

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 04:45:05 PM »
I'm sorry to see you go but I will say I totally know how you feel. I have been feeling the same way a lot. You and your great works of art will be missed around here. But go do what you need to do and be free of the stresses.
Best of luck!

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
Will miss seeing your work, but completely understand!! XX
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »
We will miss you but good luck for the future!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
Aw, I'm sad to hear that customizing ponies is no longer fun for you, for sure you should stop if that is the case! Maybe it will change some day.

I'm glad to hear that you are still so committed and passionate about your tattoo art!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal