collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Peacock Pony will go up for sale soon. *Edit* New photos added  (Read 1605 times)

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
Before  I dive in.
Hi how has everyone been? I think it's been a solid couple of years since I've been on here.
I wish I was just here to shoot the breeze. Or post an update to one of my many WIPs. But I am here on a mission. A financial mission.

And like anyone selling off a prized possession, I'm in need of big funds. Ok settle in for a long read of a back story, cause I'm a talker.

It all starts in 1979. My birth. *Pff haw haw PY. It starts all the way at the beginning huh.*
Yes it does. You see I was a bought baby. Thanks to my adopted dad being close friends with the then district attourny, it became a "legal" adoption. But really it was a set up of a friend of a friend of a friend who knew a pregnant girl that couldn't keep her baby. Shame too, I was fudgin cute AF!
Some $600 or $700 was exchanged at a farm, between two middle party people and my adopt-parents got to take me home from the hospital no questions.
They knew nothing of my bio-parents. They never saw or spoke to them. They weren't even really sure what race they were. I wish to gawd they'd at least found out that much. That "race" line on applications and paperwork was a life long pain to fill out. The most they had was that Pa was white and Ma was mexi-spani-domina-rican brown of some kind. So for the most part I identified as Hispanic-your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine. And that was fun n' all through kidhood and teens. Hearing folks best guess. I've been around the world without packing a bag.

I know it reads like i'm rambling. But it all goes somewhere.  *Better be to a pony*
Ok that was rude but I'll forgive you.

Then two years ago I decided it was time to find out and husband got us a couple DNA test. And I'll tell ya... we didn't expect it to be as gross as it was. You have to spit in a not so tiny vile. Your just sitting there spitting, spitting, spitting, trying to draw up more spit, spitting, spitting, things start to dry up but carry on you must, spitting more spitting... We both had cotton mouth by the end. It was not pleasant.
Results come in and it turns out I'm British and Native American and a small smattering of this and thats. Even 0.01% Ashkenazi Jew. And since this is all from my Paternal DNA... Well someone owes me a bat mitzvah! Cause your not considered jewish unless it's on your mother's side. I think. I don't really know.

Something unexpected did start to happened once I knew something new about myself. I started to realize the gaping hole I'd grown up with. How many of you who've grown up with one of both of your parents take for granted that you can look at another face and see a mirror of where you came from. you can see where you got your eyes or who your gave you your snooter. Not once growing up did I realize I didn't have that experience. And it never bothered me till now.
Shooot I was 13 before it really hit me that I was a different my parents.  I remember it vividly. I was in my room, at my desk drawing a unicorn (things haven't changed) And the realization smacked me like the hand of god. "S! My parents are white! I'm brown...ooooooh, That's why kids at school who see my mom and I for the first time are always confused. huh, Thats some funny S."

I started to loose my feeling of grounding. I never had a "people" My husband grew up surrounded by his people and had a cultural root to reference if he ever needed. I never knew where to turn and my parents couldn't help me.
I want that too. I want to be able to look back on ancestors and tradition in those all too frequent dark times. And now I have a direction. But as you can see I have a strange quagmire of a past to pull leads from. Those leads were exhausted long ago. My mother passed away in July and my father and I are estranged, so I don't really have them as an info gathering option. Besides I'm not even sure how much of their stories I could trust. They always changed through the years.
And those adoption records... Sealed until my death.

So I've turned toward hiring an adoption investigator. And they ain't cheap. I need to raise $1,195.00. If you bulked... This is the more affordable agency. One agency wanted $3915.00. And they were a no find/no fee.
Which leads us to now. I'm here to sell a horse. My most prized.
I'll be taking offers from now till December 12th. And I do have a reserve price in mind. Just PM me with your offer.

I can't remember what year I made her. Early 2006 maybe. Bah, I can't remember. I'll comeback tomorrow with new larger photos.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

lovefromsirius

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: My Peacock Pony will go up for sale soon.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 07:47:49 AM »
There is no way I can afford a pony that beautiful and detailed, but holy goodness, your sculpting work is so detailed and so colorful. every little detail just stands out, even the smallest and most delicate of the details have this really nice look to them.

Offline PoniesYeah

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 07:50:50 AM »
There is no way I can afford a pony that beautiful and detailed, but holy goodness, your sculpting work is so detailed and so colorful. every little detail just stands out, even the smallest and most delicate of the details have this really nice look to them.

I understand. But even if you can't monetarily support it, then please aid my mission by spreading the word.
Thank your for the kind compliments.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 08:02:03 AM »
PY - Was this a Styling Size or a standard size G3?  Girl, the memory ain't what it used to be.
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline PoniesYeah

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:17:26 AM »
PY - Was this a Styling Size or a standard size G3?  Girl, the memory ain't what it used to be.

Guuurl please, your memory... I have to actively think of my own G D age these days.
Styling size.
Let me go take those new photos.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: My Peacock Pony will go up for sale soon. *Edit* New photos added
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 04:39:26 PM »
Stunning work and best of luck selling her and in your quest.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
Re: My Peacock Pony will go up for sale soon. *Edit* New photos added
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:02:24 AM »
Best of luck selling her; you deserve every penny! She's exquisite. <3

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs