collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fakie - General Discussion Thread  (Read 95788 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »
I agree, I love that flocked CPK fakie. She reminds me of Magic Star!

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2013, 12:53:59 AM »

Some are quite realistic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That is NOT a fakie, that is a Breyer Glossy Gold Charm Secretariat From 1990, limited run of 3,500.

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2013, 01:31:19 AM »
Well, I know it's a Breyer, but I've always incorporated them into my fakie collection because they are toy horses, but they are not MLP. I have a system. :p

Is it really that desirable? :jawdrop: I got it at an antique mall a year and a half ago for $10 when the booth was selling Breyers. Are they all signed? This one has a signature on the belly, but I can't make it out. (Not very knowledgeable on Breyers, obviously, so I don't really know the big names to look for). I've been meaning to ask about him actually.

Thanks for the name. I've been curious about him for a long time, but too lazy to look him up.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2013, 02:35:16 AM »
Woo, fakie threads!! I love these!! XD I have a couple like the ones in your first post, OP! Here's pics of mine!

I had fakies as a kid, so, really, I was sort of pre-destined to love them! ;) These are all of my childhood fakies! I bought a couple of them as a teenager (out of frustration at there being zero ponies in stores!), so it kinda counts as a childhood collection?

My complete fakie collection! ... as of a couple years ago. They've added a few new members since then, but not a ton!

Senor Fakiepants and his crew! (They're not really fakies, they're from a children's cartoon in the UK called Starhill farm, or something like that? They're pretty funny looking, but I dig 'em!)

Renaldo and his momma! Momma isn't actually a fakie, I got her in a 'bait custom lot' of already-customized ponies, and her dye job plus her rehair just made her PERFECT for his mom! ;)

Back hair fakies! Mozart is the white-haired one, green hair is Beethoven, and the pink one ... Schubert? I FORGET!! :lmao: Maybe it should be Schumann, as in CLARA, so she can be a lady!

The neon cousins to the composer/backhair/muttonchops trio!

The second cousins, looking weirder by the moment!

My Takara fakie babies! Looove them!

My Remco seapony! I went to clean her out and she had like, CONCRETE inside of her! It was crazy!

The giggling gals! Yellow and purple are from my childhood collection above, I believe I named them Lemon and Grape?

A RAINBOW OF DG BABIES! xD Funny enough, when I went to Italy in high school, I was INTENT on finding a pony (since G2 was out at the time) - and I found nothing but the bright-orange fakie baby! Ah well, win some lose some!

I DON'T CARE THAT SHE'S BRATZ, I WANT MORE! Her hair is incredible. @_@

The only naturally-colored brushable ponies I've seen! Well, besides Senor Fakiepants. ;)

I got allllll these girls in one lot, I think? And I didn't have the heart to get rid of them. :blush:

Rainbow Remco girls! The one on the far left is my childhood pony - sweeter eyes have never existed before or since!

Tara fakies!

Nooo clue what these are. XD The purple one was a thrift store find, and the only pony there, so I HAD to snag her!

The glass-eye girls! They've really grown on me!

... except THESE girls are EVEN FANCIER!

More clip-:drama: (they make sound if you squeeze their middles!) girls, they came together in a fakie/pony lot, so together they shall stay!

My childhood clip-cloppy girls, with a latecomer yellow unipeg!

Assorted fakies, I know the big one is CPK, the purple one on the right I bought new in-store in the 2000s, and the blue sparkle G3 looking girl was from someone on the Arena!

Assorted babies, and a mini!

SHE IS SUPER DUPER TINY OKAY!

Chap-Mei fakie, and a fakie of the Chap-Mei! XD

Assorted fakie girls! The purple one was bought new, she's flocked!

I accidentally left the purple drink-and-wet fakie out of the fakie baby group shot, so here she is with her yellow sister.

Now, this surprised me - the purple pony is a Disney horse (apparently she came with a little Belle figure to put on the saddle!), but the white horse has the same mold for the torso!! They just gave it a different (pointier!) head, with glass eyes! Woah!

A rearing and SHS fakie! These aren't too common, I snagged her from someone on the Arena! I was originally gonna customize her, but ... she's kinda cool as-is!

I DUNNO, LOL! They all came in one lot, so I figured - well, I guess you live with me, now! :P

This has been Many Pony Enter, No Pony Leave with Snapdragon, come join us next week when the cast of Hoarders joins us for a special intervention episode! :lmao:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:38:34 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2013, 06:29:09 AM »
I got my hands on a Giant Fakie, but she isn't quite the same as most of them?

She isn't as chubby in the face, her bridle doesn't go as far down her head, she has her whole foot down and a few other things. Reaaaally strange, but otherwise mainly the same. She has horrible quality hair though, which is quite a shame...

I'm aching to buy another and customize it though ;w;

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 07:05:51 AM »
Senor Fakiepants and his crew! (They're not really fakies, they're from a children's cartoon in the UK called Starhill farm, or something like that? They're pretty funny looking, but I dig 'em!)

Star Hill Ponies! I used to watch that when I was a kid sometimes! I thought those ponies looked familiar  :biggrin:

That's an impressive collection you've got! I especially like the small purple flocked one further down, do you know anything more about that one? She's really cute!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
Beautiful, beautiful spam, Snapdragon! I think I'm in love! :frolic:

My Remco seapony! I went to clean her out and she had like, CONCRETE inside of her! It was crazy!

Omg, I have heard that about these Remco Sea Ponies, that they put an actual physical rock inside of them! That's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Can you tell me how well she floats? And has anyone out there ever successfully removed the weight?

Nooo clue what these are. XD The purple one was a thrift store find, and the only pony there, so I HAD to snag her!

OMG THESE FAKIES. I had an orange one growing up, and she is my fakie grail. I found a MOC pic several years ago when I was new to collecting, but it was taken down. These are called "Pet Stars," and I think they are by JaRu?

I've gotta say, even though I'm really looking for the orange one, I really really like the teal one too. That's a very unique color for a pony!

Assorted fakies, I know the big one is CPK, the purple one on the right I bought new in-store in the 2000s, and the blue sparkle G3 looking girl was from someone on the Arena!

The one on the far right is from 2000? That's really interesting. I was so sure that these were solely vintage Lanards, but they were still being made in 2000? (Unless that is a fakie of a fakie Lanard. Is it marked?) That's a really cool fakie you have there! I really like the dark blue one right next to it too.

Now, this surprised me - the purple pony is a Disney horse (apparently she came with a little Belle figure to put on the saddle!), but the white horse has the same mold for the torso!! They just gave it a different (pointier!) head, with glass eyes! Woah!

That's extremely interesting and it solves a lot of fakie mysteries (fakeries?) that I had been wondering myself. I actually passed up that white one at a toy shop I visited out of town once, and kind of regretted later ( :cloud:) but I do have a Pinkie Pie fakie with that mold and a "frankenfakie" with what looks to be a swapped head.

I guess I don't have any pics on hand of Fakie Pie (she is literally that same mold as your white one, but in Pinkie Pie's colors and symbol), but here is the frankenfakie with her new friend, Peppermint Crunch.

She has the same head mold as a lot of Gigo/Simba fakies, but her body is that bizarre Disney princess knock off. So good to know that it came from Disney too.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
Oooh Sarah-Bee, I recognize that RnS. I had been keeping an eye on her last week, but decided not to bid because international shipping was way too high. Super congrats on your win. She is so gorgeous! :frolic: One day I will own a RnS, and when I do, I hope it's a white one! (I'm also hoping for orange. Or any color really. :hearts:)

I actually bought her from UK Ponycon a couple of years ago ;)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2013, 01:40:59 PM »
I guess it was just coincidental timing then. :p Either way, she is a gorgeous pony!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2013, 02:09:04 PM »

Star Hill Ponies! I used to watch that when I was a kid sometimes! I thought those ponies looked familiar  :biggrin:

That's an impressive collection you've got! I especially like the small purple flocked one further down, do you know anything more about that one? She's really cute!

I don't know much about her, TBH! I bought her new, only - five years ago? Maybe a little more? I think it was from a grocery store, or something like that. She's flocked, and hollow! Very cheap plastic, so she feels like she could be easily crushed. :P

@Rachel-Eyes, thanks for all the lovely comments! The purple candy Lanard I definitely bought new, it was pre-G3, I think? so it could have been in the 90s, but only just! I never found her baby, I picked her up from a grocery store too, I think! XD And woooah, another pony with Disney horse legs! How weird!! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
How cute!  I will grab pics of my fakies later to post up here as well! 

*steals Breyer*  I want him! 

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2013, 04:56:05 PM »
I thought it was fitting to share a picture of my two favourite fakies that I have since the thread is all about them.
I got the pink one from my father when I was a teeny girl, he never got me any real MLP due to the price of them and the fact that G1 was out of production in '99. The yellow one I got from a forum which someone was selling their fakies at, and I got a green MGR fakie with the yellow one as well. The pink one is by far the one that is most worn, she have had ink stains from a pen removed and had to have replacement hair due to brittle hair. :)
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2013, 04:59:59 PM »
I thought it was fitting to share a picture of my two favourite fakies that I have since the thread is all about them.
I got the pink one from my father when I was a teeny girl, he never got me any real MLP due to the price of them and the fact that G1 was out of production in '99. The yellow one I got from a forum which someone was selling their fakies at, and I got a green MGR fakie with the yellow one as well. The pink one is by far the one that is most worn, she have had ink stains from a pen removed and had to have replacement hair due to brittle hair. :)

Oh, they are GORGEOUS! I've never seen those fakies before, but they are so cool.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »

Oooh I like! They are really cute and you are lucky to have them!

I think childhood ponies are extra special anyway. :) Thank you for sharing!

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
On the last fakie thread, I told the story of some of the Lanard brushable animals  my grocery store sold last summer and promised I'd try to get pictures of my favorite one if I found them again. Well, guess who showed up on the clearance rack and just had to come home with me?

Yes, you read that right. This is Tulip the warthog. Someone at Lanard decided there was an untapped market of little girls who wanted -- nay, needed -- a pretty purple warthog to brush and cuddle, and I love that person more than a little.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal