collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow High?  (Read 30561 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow High?
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2023, 07:50:28 AM »
I'm so glad you've found all the ones you like, Esbayne!   I love Harley and Zooey too and I bet they look great together.

I haven't gotten Zooey yet.  I might wait for her to go on sale.  I thought about taking her hair down but I saw that her buns have tinsel so it may not look great that way.  I would love to display her with my Novi Stars though.

Honestly, when it comes to their names... I forget them so much I have to look them up when posting about them.  I usually think about them by their color name.

I just saw the new Rainbow High Series 5 dolls!

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2733-rainbow-high-series-5-dolls.html

I'm excited about all the girls but I think I want Victoria and Michelle most. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2023, 09:28:51 AM »
I just saw the new Rainbow High Series 5 dolls!

https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/2733-rainbow-high-series-5-dolls.html

I'm excited about all the girls but I think I want Victoria and Michelle most.
Thanks for sharing! I want that freckley Victoria, cute!  :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2023, 02:18:19 PM »
I love that Victoria has freckles!

I'm currently engaged in a long term project on Harper's hair. I picked up one second hand so that I could mess with it a bit. In the box, with the product, it's all separated and wavy. I don't like product, and mine has none. But I'm working on making her hair how I want it and it mayyy take months.

So update edit, I finished Harper's hair. I'll try and post some pics later. I like how it turned out :)

I also saw the new SH dolls in Smyths today. I came home with Monique as I had some Christmas money still lurking around in my purse. I like Zooey - aside her name - but I am also a bit concerned about hair styling and the tinsel, so I left her be. Glitch the only other one I'm seriously considering right now. Maybe in a month or two. I need to work out what space I have. The others don't grab me.

So, about Glitch.

I think she's the only character I ended up wanting to get based in part on her animation appearance, which says everything about the personalities of a lot of the characters in the animation shorts *LOL*.

I do feel like she's a bit of an oddball in this set, though. The others are so clearly aligned with a colour, whereas Glitch belongs to Rainbow Vision and she doesn't have a rainbowish name, not really. I almost feel like she ought to have come out sooner, but for some reason they revised her and scaled her down. In the animation she has chains in her hair (see below), but it doesn't seem as though the doll does (shame).

Spoiler
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 09:03:27 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
I agree Glitch looks so much cooler in the show. The chains are such a nice touch.

I've found that while I really like Zooey, I'm not as excited about her in store. It might be because I just feel I have a lot of these dolls.

This is my newest doll.  I bought her in December when the sales happened:

I don't like her 2nd outfit at all but the boots are amazing.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2023, 04:20:12 PM »
I found a video on YT where someone put chains into Glitch's hair, and while I wouldn't be up for using any kind of glue to do it, I feel like it isn't too impossible to at least vaguely replicate her style. So I may try it, if I get the doll.

Monique has an insane amount of hair braids. She's a very...dominant presence on my unit, LOL :D Until she arrived, the unit had mostly gentle colours, with Natasha, and Harper, and so on. And now it has Monique. Who is...something. I do like it, though :)

I looked at Zooey hard in the store, but the tinsel makes me second-guess if I want to add her. Basically when I have no more shelf space, that's me done, but they're still coming out, so I have to be picky.

@Brightberry, is that one of the KPOP group? I think I've seen her before in the store.

Here is Harper with her hair done :) I don't have a photo with Monique at the moment.

I think Harper has a really pretty face. She looks very sweet and gentle imo.

In the promo photos her hair is all divided up into distinct waves, and I don't know if this is the case if you get her new in box, but it looks like a style chock full of styling gunk, which I hate. Mine was second hand and so she didn't have any style in her hair left, nor any gel, and I shampooed her before doing anything anyway. But I wanted her to have the separated sections feel, and also a bit of that wave at the ends, but without using any kind of gel so...this was my solution. It took a while to do, but I'm happy with how it came out.

There are no ties, stitches or anything else anywhere in her hair, it's entirely holding the style by itself.

Also! Those shoes are not kid's toys. It was so hard getting them on and off again, I broke one of the plastic thongs doing it. Fortunately it doesn't show/matter in display but no idea how any kid would remove or redress with them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 04:41:55 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2023, 03:14:00 PM »
Harper is so pretty. :)

I've decided to get Zooey, but she's playing hide and seek with me since I left her in the store the first time I saw here.  I went to Target yesterday and she was listed as out of stock on my Target app.  Today I checked and she was listed as in stock with 3 dolls of her on the shelf.  I went back to Target and couldn't find any Zooey dolls.  The Target app isn't always accurate, but I have a feeling the Zooey dolls are probably in the stock room and not on the sales floor yet.  None of the other stores I checked today had her either.  :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2023, 12:29:27 PM »
Zooey has joined my girls.  :lovey:  She's my first Shadow High doll.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2023, 12:40:45 PM »
Zooey has joined my girls.  :lovey:  She's my first Shadow High doll.

Ponyfan

Welcome to the dark side ;)

I've decided to buy myself Glitch for my birthday, if Smyths still has her when I go look. I figure that's justified, right??

This week I deboxed the Harley I got with my voucher before Christmas. She had a LOT of product in her hair, which I found odd given that Harley's hair is straight and genuinely doesn't need product at all o.o. I think the only other doll I had with so much product in it was Poppy, and I figured they just went a bit made with wave 1. :/

It was so difficult to get it out, because she has those four braided sections and the cat ear headband is basically stitched into those. BUT the work paid off. Her hair is now fine, and she and Uma are reconvening a music session on my unit.

I saw Michelle from the new RH assortment show up on Amazon yesterday. None of the others.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:42:41 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2023, 04:37:02 PM »
I really like what you did with Harper, Taffeta.  She's one of my top favorites.  I like her outfit and I think her face is the prettiest.  She makes me want to go to the beach and run in the sand.

Congrats on Zooey, Ponyfan! She is pretty.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2023, 09:57:59 PM »

So, about Glitch.

I think she's the only character I ended up wanting to get based in part on her animation appearance, which says everything about the personalities of a lot of the characters in the animation shorts *LOL*.

I do feel like she's a bit of an oddball in this set, though. The others are so clearly aligned with a colour, whereas Glitch belongs to Rainbow Vision and she doesn't have a rainbowish name, not really. I almost feel like she ought to have come out sooner, but for some reason they revised her and scaled her down. In the animation she has chains in her hair (see below), but it doesn't seem as though the doll does (shame).

I don't believe Glitch was originally intended to be a doll at all to be honest, but was made as one after how well her character was received, considering her animation model is 100% reused assets, which is why her doll doesn't have hair chains - those come from Runway Jade, and since the Runway looks are finally being made as dolls,  I presume they didn't want a 100% repeated hairdo between the two?
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2023, 05:06:41 PM »
I finally caved and got a RH doll, Series 1 Jade  :mrgreen:
I also have the winter series Jade in the mail arriving this weekend.
Not sure if I’ll keep both dolls or choose a favorite and just keep the wardrobe.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2023, 12:20:46 AM »
@Crystal Sushi, you might be right. In any case, it's now a project for me to play around with :)

I had a good look at Zooey the other day. I do think she's pretty, but that tinsel bothers me...

@Flitter, unfortunately like ponies, one becomes two and two becomes three very easily ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2023, 03:32:30 PM »
@Flitter oh nice! Jade is very pretty.

@Taffeta I wish Zooey didn't have that tinsel.  I love her theme and want to display her with my Novi Stars but I guess I'll wait to find her on sale.

I used amazon points to buy Victoria.  She's so pretty and now my favorite Rainbow High doll.  She doesn't look like she has the partial eyebrows that the stock photos show and her lips aren't as glossy.  But I'm very happy with her and wouldn't mind a second that looks a little different.

I love all the different colors in her hair.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 03:35:16 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2023, 03:36:22 PM »
Victoria is very pretty.  She's on my wishlist now. :D 

I also like Kim and Pricillia.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 03:39:10 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2023, 12:37:40 PM »
I thought the new series wasn't supposed to be in stores yet, but the Target I went to today had all of the new dolls. :D

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal