collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44481 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC exclusive
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
Persanally I hope it's something worth 50.00. But my expectations for he figure are low. Part of me is just like I hope it's not that good. And the other part hopes it's something awesome. At the very least I hope it is true main six.   Te only exception power ponys
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2014, 12:14:03 AM »
* nyanpotato is getting impatient

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2014, 06:42:44 AM »
I have no high hopes for Funko, unfortunetly. No interest in DJ or what is most likely RD. I don't like :muffin: Pony exclusives, so I really would have preferred a new side character or something.

Nonetheless, has there been any hints aside the Celestia as to Hasbro's exclusive? Not really excited for that either.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:15 AM »
Idk, I was hoping prototypes would've slipped out by now. This year's is $50 again, so using DJ as a measurement, it'll probably be something that would retail for $25, my guess, a Pony Pop Playset, a bottle of glue, and a bag of swarovski crystals, scotch taped together.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2014, 09:36:42 AM »
Idk, I was hoping prototypes would've slipped out by now. This year's is $50 again, so using DJ as a measurement, it'll probably be something that would retail for $25, my guess, a Pony Pop Playset, a bottle of glue, and a bag of swarovski crystals, scotch taped together.

it did say  Figures so.. proably   a  non brushable funko  Rainbowdash (black) and a black  dj with    crystals. and a gimmicky light up box.

yeah i've ntoiced that we all have a lot of faith in hasbro.. but at least our expectations ar low so that when if it turns out ot be soemthing not worth it.. or     less then spectacular   we can handle it.  but there is a small   chance  that it might be something cool..

or as someone else pointed out.  the them seems to be rrainbow.. so..

proably   Rainbow    ponys?

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2014, 10:24:55 AM »

I  will just make a point here for those of you who paid  out    for the exclusive and you didint   want them.  at the fair i'm sure there will be people  willing to buy them off you. i rememeber  when   Muffin pony was the exclusive people were begging people to sell them.  and soemone won 1 in the raffle and i think sold it 10 mintues later for   100.00  and    also  people   were running around telling sob storys begging  and pleading  for them proably so they could resell them. but the point is.. i'm sure you can   possibly   get your money back rather quickly.

Actually wizzer218 had won one of those at the raffle and since she already got one with her ticket package she did sell it right away to a teenager that was with her grandma who said they had missed out on getting one.. Wizzer sold it only for the $20 that it was originally sold for too
Anyway that girl was so happy about being able to get one

But maybe someone else might have won another one in the raffle too?

I won two of the raffles that year I got the castle set that also had the singing cadence and the whole box of blind bags
That was really awesome!

I think a couple of neat exclusives options that would be about 50ish would be:

Fashion style sized Big Mac with Granny Smith and apple bloom

Or as someone suggested
The cutie mark crusaders set in fashion style size or even in that bigger jumbo zilla size which would make them like the size of regular FS ponies lol

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »
First batch of Funko exclusives were just revealed, no ponies though. Their reveals happen every Monday and Wednesday till all is revealed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:40:47 AM by Eurocoin »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
I hope is the white Celestia FS
There is a post somewhere on a White FS Celestia that has music notes on her wings or at least on the wing that was could see.. I know the post was on Facebook but I don't know if it was here.. so either way we are supposed to get a white Celestia... I just hope she isn't the Fair/SDCC exclusive... I'm honestly tired of seeing Main 6 (or Basic 5) and the Princesses...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:40 AM »
To be honest I hope it's something I don't want cause there will be no way for me to get one.

Last year's exclusive was a shelf warmer on Hasbro Toy Shop for quite a long time. Assuming they produce this years in the same kind of quantities, you should be able to get it if you want it. I think pretty much everyone who actually wanted one last year managed to pick her up.
From my POV, last year's SDCC was shelf-warming so long because people didn't care too much for it overall, not really because Hasbro had made enough to meet demand (if that made sense). Instead of trying to please everyone (MLP collectors, Bronies, ect) with the $50 DJ Pon-3, Hasbro had pleased no one (generally speaking).
SDCC Muffin was a huge hit because it was a $20-$30(? Cant quite remember her default price) brushable fashion size pony that also was a highly popular background pony (and people weren't expecting her to get an official toy product). And from my recollection, she was a real pain to try and get from Hasbro's store when they had her for sale.
SDCC DJ? She was a $50 "adult collectible/not a toy" molded-hair bedazzled pony that has a lit-up box. It didn't help that Funko's  cheaper DJ would be coming out a few months afterwards, so people weren't so "flipped out" over trying to get the SDCC one.

I do wonder if they'll make the same amount of this year's exclusive, consider what happened last year.

I agree that a large part of her shelf warming was down to her being so similar to a pending Funko release, over pricing for what she was [really some lights and crystals added $25 to her stock price?!] and just general lack of popularity. However this years release is again $50 and no doubt with the size of the fandom it will have been produced in significant numbers. So unless she/they are knock down amazing, I am sure they will be stocked. Unlike with some exclusives which were produced in very small numbers - the TF and Jem releases - Hasbro seems to focus more in turnover of MLP exclusives than them being very very exclusive items. I recall people mentioning there were a few left over from the Fair and she was no where near as hard to pick up at SDCC as Muffin had been the previous year. However prior to Muffins release, MLP's SDCC was usually the easiest Hasbro exclusive to grab and other than the first year normally hung out on HTS for a while after release.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
I'm surprised it hasn't been revealed yet.  Whatever it is, I hope it has brushable hair. The molded hair bling-DJ from last year was a huge disappointment to me.  I didn't get her and I don't feel like I missed out on anything by not getting her.  I have the Funko one and she was cheaper and better-looking.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »
Still nothing out :/ I keep checking this thread hoping lol XD I'm fairly certain it'll be something to do with rainbows given how much Hasbro loves them ATM. I'm also putting my bets on it being an EqG doll as if it was a pony, i reckon it would have shown up on Taobao by now unless it's like DJ last year.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2014, 05:35:54 AM »
Another day nothing yet... My guess is still on power ponies set.

For Sale Wants

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2014, 05:42:06 AM »
should somepony start making calls?  call Hasbro or the SDCC people? at least to get an announce date?

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2014, 06:37:38 AM »
I hope is the white Celestia FS
There is a post somewhere on a White FS Celestia that has music notes on her wings or at least on the wing that was could see.. I know the post was on Facebook but I don't know if it was here.. so either way we are supposed to get a white Celestia... I just hope she isn't the Fair/SDCC exclusive... I'm honestly tired of seeing Main 6 (or Basic 5) and the Princesses...

I dont  think she is the exculsive.. mango has like three of her.. i do like her a lot tho.. i am thinking about horking up the 30.00+ to mango for her!! shes very pretty!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:39:25 AM by Roseprincess1 »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2014, 07:01:41 AM »
should somepony start making calls?  call Hasbro or the SDCC people? at least to get an announce date?
Nah. They don't HAVE to announce anything before these events, they are perfectly within their rights to have it be a surprise.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal