collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 81714 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #645 on: August 06, 2021, 11:53:31 AM »
I found the smaller Izzy today.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 06, 2021, 12:51:43 PM »
If they're gonna give them so many details, why aren't they painting stripes and socks and doing gradient hair?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 06, 2021, 01:55:15 PM »
If they're gonna give them so many details, why aren't they painting stripes and socks and doing gradient hair?

One reason to not paint on the socks is that with play they would wear off over time.  Also it might be harder to quality control.  But I do wish they had done them, especially on the larger brushable toys.   :huh:

As for the gradient hair, if you are referring to the one PonyFan just posted I think she does have gradient hair?  For the ones with brushable hair maybe since it is only one character (?) that has gradient hair they didn't think it was worth it.  Is there anyone other than Izzy that has gradient hair?

As for stripes I don't know what you meant
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 06, 2021, 02:12:17 PM »

One reason to not paint on the socks is that with play they would wear off over time.  Also it might be harder to quality control.  But I do wish they had done them, especially on the larger brushable toys.   :huh:

As for the gradient hair, if you are referring to the one PonyFan just posted I think she does have gradient hair?  For the ones with brushable hair maybe since it is only one character (?) that has gradient hair they didn't think it was worth it.  Is there anyone other than Izzy that has gradient hair?

As for stripes I don't know what you meant

No it wouldn't,  I have a ton of plastic horses with markings. At worst they might get yellowed or dingy, if not dusted or protected from the sun,  but they don't just rub off over time. And some of my horses are over 20 years old.

I was talking about the ones with brushy hair. Hitch has green and blue hair. Anyway,  I was hoping that we'd get ponies more like the UK Families.  :huh:

A stripe is a type of facial marking seen on horses.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:25:38 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 06, 2021, 04:39:12 PM »
Seconding that socks would wear off with play - all my childhood Breyers fell victim to this.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 06, 2021, 10:10:12 PM »
I had Grand Champion horses as a kid and their painted leg markings and hooves suffered alot.  So I was guessing ponies would as well.  Now, I did play with them (and my ponies) outside quite a bit, so that may vary by child.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline DazzleBright

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • Grew up with g3!
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2021, 10:38:57 PM »
I posted this in the “out now and coming soon” thread, but I want to make sure everyone sees it because I haven’t seen this set anywhere else yet. We have Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie making a return in the “Favorites Together Collection.”

“Pony worlds come together when Sunny Starscout, Twilight Sparkle, and some of their best friends unite under the magic of friendship. Favorites Together Collection pack includes 6 pony figures with character- inspired colors, hair styles, and Cutie Marks. From My Little Pony: A New Generation, meet Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, and Princess Petals. From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, reimagine the magic of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Now designed in the style of: A New Generation characters! Ponies are 3 inches tall with long, soft hair that's fun to play with and style. Each comes with a character-inspired accessory for fashion and storytelling fun. 12 pieces in all! Fans new and old can imagine adventures with iconic My Little Pony: A New Generation and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic favorites.”

$25.99
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:46:14 PM by DazzleBright »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2021, 12:51:51 AM »
And there we go, the old M6 are already back.

Sigh.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2021, 01:29:55 AM »
I posted this in the “out now and coming soon” thread, but I want to make sure everyone sees it because I haven’t seen this set anywhere else yet. We have Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie making a return in the “Favorites Together Collection.”

“Pony worlds come together when Sunny Starscout, Twilight Sparkle, and some of their best friends unite under the magic of friendship. Favorites Together Collection pack includes 6 pony figures with character- inspired colors, hair styles, and Cutie Marks. From My Little Pony: A New Generation, meet Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, and Princess Petals. From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, reimagine the magic of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Now designed in the style of: A New Generation characters! Ponies are 3 inches tall with long, soft hair that's fun to play with and style. Each comes with a character-inspired accessory for fashion and storytelling fun. 12 pieces in all! Fans new and old can imagine adventures with iconic My Little Pony: A New Generation and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic favorites.”

$25.99

So the curse continues. :lol:

Also, Don’t love that they’re calling them a “favorites” collection. Hasbro’s favorites maybe, but that doesn’t speak for everyone. And like… I get pairing twilight and sunny, that makes sense! Izzy and Pinkie I can also see. But Rainbow Dash and Pipp? Isn’t Zipp more similar to Rainbow than Pipp?

I WILL say it’s nice that Rainbow Dash and Twilight have proper forelocks again! Not enough to make me buy the set, but still nice!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2021, 01:51:50 AM »
Definitely Hasbro's favourites. Much as I don't really like the M6, I prefer the other three.

Although the noses bother me much more on this release for some reason.

I like the curly hair but...yeah. No thank you. Hasbro trying to flog the dead horse (no puns intended) of G4 by squeezing it into G5. I was afraid of this happening; to make it happen right at the start makes me think that we're going to get a lot more of it going forward.

..And if G5 can't carry itself it should probably not happen. :/ Surely this point should be all about selling the new, not clinging to the (not so) old...

I dunno, but it was my main fear with G5 being in equestria. I'm sad to see it borne out before the line even begins.

(Also, how can the new characters be 'favourites' when we barely know them? The kids haven't had a chance to make them favourites yet. I'm remembering the little girl in a store here insistantly telling her Mum she wanted Applejack...I don't think it's smart to assume and tell kids what they like best.)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2021, 01:53:26 AM »
Oh, joy! Here I was hoping I'd never see those characters ever again! How naive of me. :lol:

The little accessories are cute, for unpainted globs of translucent plastic. Love ponies with glasses. Still kinda getting used to the pony smartphones, but the concept is so ridiculous I can't hate it.

Wishlist

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2021, 06:21:00 AM »
No wings…

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2021, 06:42:53 AM »
ironic Twilight is pre-princess Twilight
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2021, 06:50:22 AM »
I'm sorry but that Pinkie Pie is cursed :lol:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »
Yeah, where have Twilight's wings gone? o_O

Not thrilled to see the G4 chars back (again) already, sadly not surprised either though. I guess they do look quite nice with fringes though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal