collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93880 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2022, 03:57:53 PM »
Taffeta, that is very sad news! 
Ponyfan, how inconvenient, I hope all is sorted out and your bloodwork comes back the way you want :)

I have nothing but four letter words to say about the weather.  It's SO COOOOOOOOOOOOLD.  Those of you who have experienced -40C or more, you know.  If not... let me assure you it is cold.  Frostbite starts in 2 minutes to exposed skin.  I got stuck to my front door knob while locking it!  there is ice building up the windows . and it will be back to zero by the weekend... WHYYYYYYYYYY canada WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2022, 05:28:04 PM »
Taffeta, it always hits hard when someone i went to school with passes. it just feels so wrong and unfair.

it's going to be cold here too but nowhere near -40C stay safe Squirmy :)

i'm going to be driving to the Houston area next week after all. my uncle lives way out in the exurbs so it's going to be a longer drive than usual. hopefully my parents don't mind that i'm going to listen to a podcast during the drive. my dad doesn't like to have anything playing in the car. driving 3+ hours in silence is way too boring.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2022, 04:21:23 AM »
I'm sorry Taffeta. There is a number of people I went to school with who have passed away, and it's always hard remembering them and realizing they aren't here anymore.

Squirmy, it gets that cold in Wisconsin. I remember one year after an artic blast and a nasty blizzard it was like -70 below. Which is... -56C. The kind of cold where your eyes will freeze and if you inhale too sharply, it hurts your lungs. It's a dry cold though, which is more tolerable but much more dangerous. Down here, the humidity is 100% right now and it's 62 but it feels super cold. There have been a few times where we got down into the 30s. Talk about cold with humidity. Anyway, stay warm and safe!

My complaint is the mail. Yesterday I received a package from Amazon, which is not unusual and I am waiting for several things. So I open it and there is a big container with large dog treats in it (Wellness brand too, expensive). I do not have a dog. I checked the address and everything is correct, my name, my unit number, the street address... there was another thing in the box wrapped up so I unwrapped it and it's a coffee mug that says 'Fabulous since 1923'. I'm assuming the right recipient had their 99th birthday recently and also own a large-ish dog (you can only have dogs under a certain weight in the complex though, so it can't be TOO big). Because the address was mine, I can't track down where it was supposed to go to. I know my neighbor is old and has an old, small dog, but I don't think she's 99 and I don't think her dog would be able to chew these treats. I'll ask her though if she knows anyone fitting the description.

Still complaining about the mail, so the wrong package ended up at my door, but three (3) packages from Amazon are at the mailbox. WHYYYYYYYYYYY do they do that. Does USPS sometimes carry packages from Amazon? That's the only explanation I can think of.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 21, 2022, 07:09:13 AM »
@Taffeta  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My leggie still hurts, but slightly less. My right thumb is peeling at the tip & I hate it because it too gets sore from it
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 21, 2022, 07:15:15 AM »
My complaint is the mail. Yesterday I received a package from Amazon, which is not unusual and I am waiting for several things. So I open it and there is a big container with large dog treats in it (Wellness brand too, expensive). I do not have a dog. I checked the address and everything is correct, my name, my unit number, the street address... there was another thing in the box wrapped up so I unwrapped it and it's a coffee mug that says 'Fabulous since 1923'. I'm assuming the right recipient had their 99th birthday recently and also own a large-ish dog (you can only have dogs under a certain weight in the complex though, so it can't be TOO big). Because the address was mine, I can't track down where it was supposed to go to. I know my neighbor is old and has an old, small dog, but I don't think she's 99 and I don't think her dog would be able to chew these treats. I'll ask her though if she knows anyone fitting the description.

Still complaining about the mail, so the wrong package ended up at my door, but three (3) packages from Amazon are at the mailbox. WHYYYYYYYYYYY do they do that. Does USPS sometimes carry packages from Amazon? That's the only explanation I can think of.

I would contact Amazon and let them know they sent you the wrong items.  It sounds to me like someone put the wrong mailing label on the box.  Maybe they can track down who it really belongs to.  I know out where I live our local post office is usually given the last leg of shipments, including stuff from FedEx and UPS sometimes.  It's because we're so rural.  So it's entirely possible that your Amazon packages were sent to the post office for the last leg of the trip.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2022, 07:44:22 AM »
I would contact Amazon and let them know they sent you the wrong items.  It sounds to me like someone put the wrong mailing label on the box.  Maybe they can track down who it really belongs to.  I know out where I live our local post office is usually given the last leg of shipments, including stuff from FedEx and UPS sometimes.  It's because we're so rural.  So it's entirely possible that your Amazon packages were sent to the post office for the last leg of the trip.

You know, I didn't even think of that. Getting a hold of someone is easier said than done though, but I did reach a real person. I gave them the tracking number on the box and he said to keep it but they will send a replacement to the right person. I'm glad they are going to get their stuff. I guess I can donate the mug to the assisted living place? I'm sure they have someone in there who is 99. The dog treats can go to my niece's dogs.

I live downtown in a city, but it is a small city. One of those sleeper towns. I didn't think companies shared packages like that. It's not just little things either. Oh well. I did walk down and check the mailbox. Speaking of little things... I bought a paintbrush and they put it in a huge envelope. Sigh.

Post Merge: December 22, 2022, 06:48:55 AM

More mail shenanigans. An order of yarn I placed from Poland in OCTOBER is finally in the US. It's in... Los Angeles. That's way on the other coast. Why didn't it come to Florida? Even more troubling, it says it's out for delivery. It better not be! It's still in California! Do not give someone else my yarn :cry:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:48:55 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #291 on: December 22, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »
BC, I hope your yarn arrives safely to you :)

it's so cold already. i had to go out and tape down the towel i'm using to wrap the outdoor pipes because of the wind. it's already below freezing and windy. when i went out at 10 to pick up some medicine for my dog it was above 50F. when i got home the thermometer on the car was actually dropping the temp every 60 seconds or so. i think i got home just in time!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2022, 07:20:29 PM »
Taffeta, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :hug:  I can't imagine what a shock that must have been to hear the news.

The Internet has been out for most of the day.  Why is it that when I have Internet, I can think of a lot of things to do and when I don't it's hard to think of any? The cable has also been pixelating today.  I was trying to log out of Disney + on the Smart the TV when the Internet started going down. I don't know if it logged me out or not, because all I got was a blank screen when I tried to get out of the app.:(   I have to use my phone and the app on the Smart TV at the same time to use Disney +. I logged out on the phone though. We get Internet through our cable company, but sometimes one goes out without influcing the other.

I was a bit restless today.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to read a book or use an app on my phone that sometimes doesn't require Internet.  If I started using the app, I wanted to read and if I tried to get ready to read the book, I wanted to use the app.  :shrug:

My dad said he "tried to delete one email and they all disappeared."  When I checked he'd sent all of his inbox emails except one to the trash. I told him that the best way to bring them back is to do it on the computer instead of his phone, but of course the Internet was down when I tried to get to his email.

One of my pens started skipping and I had to get a new one.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I have to use pens that don't have latex or rubber on them. I prefer blue ink, but the ones I have on hand are black, and I haven't had a chance to get to a store to get more.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2022, 07:29:25 PM »
This is my 4th  time today trying to add to this post, but everytime I try to post it, my Internet goes down. 

We're still having problems with the Internet.  I think unplugging the router would help, but my mom said not to do that yet, because she thinks when the cable company fixes the local channels breaking up it will also fix the Internet.  She called the cable company today but it was an automated line and she said it kept asking about "missing channels."  The cable comapny sent a singal to reset the cable boxes and it helped for a bit, but it didn't fix anything in the long run.

I've tried really hard not to complain to much and try to make do with not having a strong Internet right now, but it's hard because a lot of the apps on my phone need Internet to work properly.  I'm trying really hard not to spoil Christmas.

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »
our downstairs tenant decided to start smoking cigarettes in his room at 12:30 pm last night.  I immediately noticed it because I am very allergic and suddenly started having an asthma attack that took until 3 am to subside...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2022, 06:03:07 AM »
I've had to turn the heat on. It's mostly for Aster, she was so cold and refuses to sleep in a cat bed or even on a blanket. But temps are going to start rising tomorrow. By next week we'll be in the 80s again but it will be in the 60s at night, so that's nice for sleeping.

My yarn is still showing as being out for delivery in Los Angeles. I think someone forgot to scan it and it's traveling across the country. I think the carrier is DHL. I don't deal with them very often.

On Facebook mainly, but also IG and Google in general, I like animals with horns and antlers. ALIVE. I joined a couple of pages on Facebook and of course, they put up a hunter pic. NO. I do not want to see dead animals. Even in Google images I try to rule out hunting pics with keywords but it always brings some back. I hate it. I just want to see majestic horns and antlers on living ungulates. Why is that so hard?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2022, 08:23:19 AM »
our downstairs tenant decided to start smoking cigarettes in his room at 12:30 pm last night.  I immediately noticed it because I am very allergic and suddenly started having an asthma attack that took until 3 am to subside...

Cigarette smoke always triggers my asthma too. I always say that even if I wanted to smoke I can't because I trigger instantly whenever I smell it.

I wanted to go on a free horse drawn carriage ride before Christmas.  The day I found out about it, I wasn't able to do it, and then one day of rides was cancelled due to the extreme cold.  It was too cold on Christmas Eve too.  Maybe next year I get a carriage ride.

My dad is in a bad mood today.  His asthma was acting up last night and he ended up sleeping in the recliner again.  Everything annoys and bothers him and nothing makes him happy anymore.  He's so hard to live with right now.  I'm almost in tears because I have no idea what will or won't set him off.

He decided the dog had to go outside on a leash because we were having trouble with her not going outside when she was supposed to. I ended up having to take her out on the leash even though he was the one that said it had to be done.  He also said we have to dump out the dog's water at night.  If I don't do it no one else does.  Why does he decided all of these things and then he acts like he doesn't have to do them?

There was one thing I wanted for Christmas that I didn't get.  I know I didn't get it because I got other things.  I don't want to mention it to my parents because I don't want them to feel bad.  It's something I've been wanting for months but didn't buy because I thought they might get it for me.  I don't mind getting it myself, but the 2 stores I looked at today were sold out.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 03:19:51 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2022, 12:37:21 PM »
we had a -15 wind chill and gale force winds lately.  :cold: :cold:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2022, 08:53:41 AM »
Note to self: do not lean bad leggie against hard surface of any kind. Do not put bodyweight on affected parts of bad leggie, do not bash affected parts of bad leggie, handle bad leggie gently. Aside from that, I can pretty much ignore the fact I have a bad leggie. Foot still a bit swollen, & there's a little pain, but nothing I can't blank out with other stuff like working on things or typing here.

Huggles to all affected by bad cigarette smoke, & warm huggles to all caught in storms xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2022, 10:33:07 AM »
Re : The cigarette smoke - Is that allowed when someone in the building has a really bad allergy to it?

It's pouring with rain outside and I SHOULD go to the store to get cold meat for tomorrows lunch and take my soft plastics for recycling... but I can't be bothered  :silly:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal