collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stories of people being rude about MLP  (Read 4336 times)

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Stories of people being rude about MLP
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:10:34 PM »
(not sure if this is in the right forum)

So today I went down to my local comic book store to ask about the new MLP comic coming out and the cashier seemed every excited about it, as I was leaving the cashier started talking to the couple that were behind me in line and  he said "That girl is getting the MLP comic she made my day" and the girl started laughing and looked at me and said "Jesus seriously?"

=/ I'm really shy so it made me so self conscious, anyone else have stories of people being rude in public when it comes to MLP?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Stories of people being rude about MLP
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
*hugs*  I'm so sorry you had that experience!

In my experience comic book shops in particular attract rude people.   I have no idea why.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
If it were me I would have asked to speak to their manager/ right there and then.
You could still leave them a review on yelp!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:19:22 PM by Whoa1234 »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Aw maybe the cashier was being sincere and the couple were just jerks.  I mean they are in a comic book store.  So whatever they were there to buy was comparable to your purchase. *snuggle* It's not right for people to behave that way.  I'm surprised to see that attitude since all kinds of people enjoy all kinds of comics.  You know the shop keep probably gets a very wide clientele.  Not only people buying for themselves but also as gifts for others.  I hate that they made you feel this way. 

I did have several people scoff/laugh at me when I was rooting through the blind bags at Walmart looking for a Lyra someone had requested.  Yes, I took every one out and examined it but I put them all back. My mind was pretty much 'You don't know me.  You have no idea if I am a collector, or getting this for a gift, or a child or what.  You have no right to judge me."  I react with anger though.  Indignation.  Like-mind your own flippin' business!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:28:36 PM »
aw some people and there are alot of them out there are rude, heartless, intimating bullies  :enraged:
who cares what other people think and say, i know it hurts  :cry: hugs to you honey 
give them the birdie i say  :P
btw i always look like im buying for my kids cos they are always with me when im buying/shopping but i meet a 50+yr old at a markets who collects and she wasn't too proud to talk about collecting little kids toys.
there are sooooo many of us out there and we enjoy what we do  :biggrin:
sorry to hear that happened to you, soldier on...........soldier
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:33:34 PM by dede88 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
Ditto on LadyMoondancer/Sarahlacewing.

I'm sorry that there were painful words said about your interests. It does unfortunately seem to me as well that comic book shops attract a strange group! You would think most would be accepting since a wide variety of comics are made and yet I do feel they act like this.

I mean, I am NOT a bieber? person and just generally dislike him/music. But I have nieces that listen to it on the radio and enjoy it so I wouldn't get all "ugh man grow up he's so lame" or roll my eyes or anything. One made fun of the other and I was all "Hey, she can like him, and we don't have to, but it's her thing so don't be rude" Everything was fine!

I wish we all thought a bit more before we opened our mouths!  Even if some things sound tame to us and we let it slip out loud, this happens :(

I never really notice if this happens to me? My nieces thought I was silly but loved the little horse I had in my pocket, grown dudes were totally chill with me hovering in the pony and monster aisle, I guess maybe I'm too busy too see/hear them?

I'll meet up with you next time and TAG TEAM! PS where was this? >.>

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
They don't know what they are missing :) But that is ok, that means more for you and me!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone =)

Ditto on LadyMoondancer/Sarahlacewing.

I'm sorry that there were painful words said about your interests. It does unfortunately seem to me as well that comic book shops attract a strange group! You would think most would be accepting since a wide variety of comics are made and yet I do feel they act like this.

I mean, I am NOT a bieber? person and just generally dislike him/music. But I have nieces that listen to it on the radio and enjoy it so I wouldn't get all "ugh man grow up he's so lame" or roll my eyes or anything. One made fun of the other and I was all "Hey, she can like him, and we don't have to, but it's her thing so don't be rude" Everything was fine!

I wish we all thought a bit more before we opened our mouths!  Even if some things sound tame to us and we let it slip out loud, this happens :(

I never really notice if this happens to me? My nieces thought I was silly but loved the little horse I had in my pocket, grown dudes were totally chill with me hovering in the pony and monster aisle, I guess maybe I'm too busy too see/hear them?

I'll meet up with you next time and TAG TEAM! PS where was this? >.>

Lol it was at Heros and Villans on Broadway 

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
Nah, I don't mind people looking at me funny. Maybe I would, if I didn't have you internet people, but I know I'm not alone. And neither are you, so don't worry. Those who mind don't matter, right?

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
I couldn't care less what people think about me. I'm 37, with tattoos and piercings and (usually, but not at the moment) brightly colored hair... and I usually have a blue haired/tattood/pierced BF in tow. (He's 42) I'm a goofball.. and sometimes sing in public. Not like, annoyingly loudly, but I do it all the same.. I root through toys and get super happy when I find something. Life is way too short to care what narrow minded strangers think!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
I get the same bad treatment from ToyRus.  It's not called for don't insult your clientele that pays your bills.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
Lol it was at Heros and Villans on Broadway 

I KNEW IT.  Lol I dunno, I rarely go there and went recently just to quick in and out. But I'd totally tag team if it helped.

R-Galaxy would have been the next guess although they usually are chill. They have G1-G3 ponies in a glass case there! :O I think they were pricey though and still had tons of birth-flower girls.

Don't let those villans get you down anymore, O.K.?  :tackleglomp:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
I've had a co-worker show a bunch of people at work my facebook pictures of my ponies and other toy collections without asking me first. They basically all joked and giggled about it behind my back. It wouldn't have been so bad if someone wouldn't have confronted me when I went to get my paycheck..

People are just so rude. I stopped putting stuff on facebook all together now. Since apparently your friends go and show their friends your page anyway through their account. I never had problems in store before though. Though I did have another co-worker tell some of the new hires about my ponies and one practically cackled like a beast over it... That's okay though.. she enjoys dating guys who have two other girlfriends anyway.. so.. jokes on her  :lol:

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »
Meh, I've gotten a little grief about liking ponies, but honestly, I know I'm weird, and not everyone "gets" collecting, whether it's ponies or something else.  I know I have my eccentricities, and my love of ponies happens to be one of them, so any grief I'm given by people just rolls off the shoulders.  I just wouldn't let it get to ya so much.

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
I haven't gotten any grief from places I buy mlp stuff but I -do- get self conscious about what the people behind me in line think when they see me buying a few MLP toys...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal