collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 688
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Poll

Which 5 lines/series are your favourites?

13 Wishes
9 (3.5%)
Classroom
11 (4.3%)
Create a Monster
13 (5.1%)
Dance Class
2 (0.8%)
Dawn of the Dance
28 (11%)
Dead Tired
17 (6.7%)
Dot Dead Gorgeous
3 (1.2%)
Fearleading
5 (2%)
Ghouls Alive
1 (0.4%)
Ghouls Night Out
3 (1.2%)
Ghouls Rule
5 (2%)
Gloom Beach
3 (1.2%)
I <3 Fashion
10 (3.9%)
Killer Style
0 (0%)
Music Festival
4 (1.6%)
Picture Day
18 (7.1%)
Power Ghouls
10 (3.9%)
Roller Maze
5 (2%)
Scaris
32 (12.5%)
Scary Tales
16 (6.3%)
Signature (including originals, School's Out, etc)
45 (17.6%)
Skull Shores
7 (2.7%)
Sweet 1600
4 (1.6%)
Swim
4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Top 5 favourite MH lines/series?  (Read 747 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Top 5 favourite MH lines/series?
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
So I put up a new shelf thingy recently, and today I arranged some of my ghouls in it by line/series. Got me to thinking about which particular series were my favourites, so thought I'd put up a poll! Which are your top 5 favourite lines?

Mine:

1. Scary Tales - They're fairy tale characters, so they win without question for me!
2. Picture Day - I love each and every one of them, from faceup to hair to outfit.
3. Dead Tired - Jammies!
4. Dawn of the Dance - Close one between DotD and the upcoming Ghouls Night Out, as two of my most favourite characters (Rochelle and Spectra) are in GNO, but in the end the sheer awesomeness of DotD wins out.
5. Power Ghouls - For great justice!

Yours? :)

(Hopefully I didn't forget to list any in the poll!)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 favourite MH lines/series?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »
Mine; (though I only voted for three because I read wrong)

1. Signature - Though MOST the Schools Out girls, they are just so fab!
2. Picture day - Affordable, and I love every single doll in the line!
3. Scaris - Love the theme!
4. Classroom - Mostly because I love that Home Ick Frankie so much
5. Dawn of the Dance - They are really fab
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »
1. Dawn of the Dance - Hands down my favorite because of Deuce
2. Signature Line - Just because they are sooo dang amazing!
3. Classroom - Because I like the idea of the whole school and taking classes experience  ^.^
4. Dead Tired - Because of their soft make-up and slumber party times!
5. Power Ghouls - Cuz who doesnt like a superhero  :lol:

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Very tough choice!!

1. Signature -- Some of the best outfits and shoes.
2. Dawn of the Dance -- Loved the outfits, loved the dolls.  And--Lagoona's shoes from this line are some of the best shoes ever!
3. Classroom -- The line that pulled me into Monster High.  As soon as I saw science-themed Lagoona, I had to have her.  And Frankie with her sewing theme, she was a must have too.
4. Ghouls Rule -- I love the over-the-top fashions and face-ups.
5. Picture Day -- It was a tough choice between this one and I <3 Fashion, but in the end I picked this one because the outfits were so cute and the shoes were awesome.  The I <3 Fashion was runner up because I love that the dolls came with 3 different outfits and pairs of shoes and didn't cost much more than a regular doll.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:33 AM »
1) Dawn of the Dance- Easy #1. I love everything about this line. I think every doll looks perfect and I was so happy when I completed this line, LOVE it!

2) Scaris- Another line I was very excited to have completed. I think the over all design is great. And 3 new characters in a line?? YES!!

Honestly, I can't really put the others in order.. I can tell you what I chose though. I chose
Picture Day, Signature and 13 Wishes. The last one was tough for me because I like the looks of both the Ghouls Night out and the 13 Wishes line but until I see them in person I don't ever feel 100% sure that I love them. So far by looks I like both of those lines. Oh, and I love the I <3 fashion lines but didn't put them in my favorites because there are only two dolls to the line.. I love the concept though!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 07:09:44 AM »
Tough one. I'm on the app so I can't bold my answers like you guys. Sorry!

I don't collect the dolls for their clothes, so my choices will be primarily based on  the dolls themselves.

1. Dead Tired: I love the subtle makeup. Clawdeen is my favorite, followed closely by Frankie and Lagoona. It's nice to see how the girls look when about more casual.

2. Dawn of the Dance: Great name for a line and fabulous fashions. For me, Ghoulia, Cleo, Lala, and Lagoona are the clear winners here. And it's rare that I ever put a Lala in the top!

3. Gloom Beach: Frankie emerges on top of this line for me, but I like Ghoulia as well. It's just such a fun summery beach theme.

4. Ghouls Rule: While I hate the outfits, I adore Frankie and Clawdeen's hair and makeup.

5. Scaris: Jina and Skelita. Enough said!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
1. Signature - Because first dollies are best dollies! It's important to me to have everyone in their standard look, and I also think some of the best character-specific, thoughtful design with a high level of complexity and tons of awesome details goes into them. The adorable pets are bonus.

2. Picture Day - Because it's basically "Signature looks, part 3". Super detailed, super beautiful (seriously, I think every single one is a winner). I like the complex, character-specific designs that lack the limitations imposed by having an overall theme. They're focused on looking like themselves, as opposed to dancers or swimmers or what have you.

3. Sweet 1600 - I love Draculaura, and I LOVE the line centered on her. All of the girls look amazing (especially if you throw in Cupid!) in their couture-esque dresses and elaborate, sparkly hairstyles. Ula is a perfect princess, Frankie is a work of art, Clawdeen looks so fierce and cool in her tuxedo and super long hair, Cupid is gorgeous and unique.

4. Dead Tired - with how drawn I am to complexity (the more elaborate, the better!), it surprises me more than anyone how much I love this line. The dolls just look so cute in their pajamas! I also blame Ghoulia, for totally stealing my heart, and Cleo, for being possibly the best Cleo doll period.

5. Ghouls Rule - While I think Abbey is uninspired and Clawdeen looks ridiculous (in a bad way), I love Ula, Frankie, and Cleo SO MUCH that I think this line still takes the fifth spot. Cleo is a goddess, Draculaura has GIANT LACE BAT-WINGS (soamazingIcoulddie!), and Frankie is a stunner while paying homage to her mom, one of my faaavorite classic monsters (I have a minor obsession with the Bride).

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
DotD -- I just love the outfits and look of the whole line
Music Festival - i love the outfits, and the music association
Roller Maze - the neon in the dresses and the green in the hair - love
Scary Tales - i love the fairytale association, and would love to see more!
Signature - cause, its the original!

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
1. Classroom- My first doll ever Lagoona came from this line. Plus this line is giving us a Heath doll so how could I not love it?
2. Scary Tales- Fairy Tale inspiration is a winner in my book.
3. Scaris- The only Scaris doll I actually bought was Deuce but I ended up buying parts if not the complete outfit of all the rest of the dolls.
4. Gloom Beach- A personal favorite due to the lovely posing of the hands. I am so smitten with my gorgeous GB Frankie and I ended up with two Draculauras that are getting rehaired because I didn't want them to leave but I also didn't want three Draculauras. With the new hair they have different names and personalities.
5. Skull Shores- Gil's line. Plus a lot of my first dolls were from this line so I have a special affection for it. I also enjoyed the special too.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
I voted for Classroom, CAM, Scaris, Scary Tales, and Signature lines.

The budget lines are usually too boring to ever be favorites for me, though I am partial to the Dead Tired dolls, 'cause pajamas are cute and I like the muted makeup on the dolls.

I like the Classroom dolls because they're all so cute and come with mulitple outfits and props and stuff, and I feel like all of them have been really awesome and well done.

The CAMs are a fav of mine because the variety and customizing options are really cool to me.  As far as Scary Tales goes.. twisted fairy tales will always get my vote in any contest, and I wish they'd make more in this line.  Scaris got my vote because I really like almost all of the dolls and their clothes in this line (wtf w/ Deuce though - he looks like he's going to the gym, not freakin Paris), and I love the new characters.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »
I picked:

Create-a-Monster - is anyone surprised by that? o_O;; I just love the versatility and the option of making them look however you want
DotD - Just may favorite dance line. :heart:
Classroom - Best versions of Lagoona, Frankie and Ghoulia period.
Skull Shores - While I'm kinda meh on swimsuit lines in general, this one is just gorgeous. The designs were spot on and adorable
SKRM - This is quickly becoming a favorite even though I don't have all of them yet >.< But I will!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »
Omg, I totally missed the CAM option! If I could go back, I'd replace Ghouls Rule with CAM!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
tuney, I think I set it so you can change your answers! I hope?

Loving reading everybody's answers, and the results are so cool so far! Signature, Scaris, DotD, Scary Tales and Dead Tired are the top 5 in that order right now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:39:59 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
What a great idea for a survey!

In order (or as close as possible):

Signature While other lines may come with more pieces or more elaborate outfits, the signature line seems to capture the "essence" of each character the best.  The diaries are some of the most intriguing parts of the line, and are a wonderful glimpse into the character's world. Also, pets!!

Scaris There are so many things I love about this line. First of all, I love that it managed to include so many characters. Giving the same "theme" to both the basic and the deluxe line was genius. I would have liked 1600 more if it had managed to do this. Also, it introduced two new unique torso types. And "international vacation" lines are always so much fun.

Dawn of the Dance The original deluxe line! I still find myself loving the outfits, even though it's one of the oldest lines. Cleo's outfit (especially the shoes) is amazing, Frankie's is outrageously '80s inspired, and we get our first glimpse of Clawdeen's hair experiments. The later additions are also great, and it had Deuce with a different mold for his snake-hawk. The inclusion of iCoffins for everyone is another little touch that I love.

Picture Day It was a toss-up between this and I <3 Fashion, but PD wins for having more characters. I don't consider PD to be part of the signature/2.0/etc lines, because there isn't a diary. Your mileage may vary. But it does have some of the best personalized styles outside of the signature waves. They're reminiscent of what teenagers would wear... if they starred in a television show like Pretty Little Liars, or movies like Clueless. I'm looking forward to the upcoming additions, and wouldn't mind a bit if more characters were added. Clawdeen and Venus would be phenomenal here.

I <3 Fashion I'm not sure if I can really call this a line, since there are only two dolls. But they took two characters who have a lot of releases and really made them look different. I love the darker makeup palette, and I'm in LOVE with the way they did Frankie's hair. I also like that they come with three fun fashions, and at a decent price.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
Dance Class, Dawn of the Dance, Dead Tired, Dot Dead Gorgeous... and Swim

what can i say, i love the d