collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are there any delays in shipping from Canada to Europe right now?  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
So, a couple of my purchasers have contacted me that their parcels haven't arrived yet, and while the 4-6 weeks predicted for postage to get to Europe has not yet elapsed, I'm still concerned that they might be delayed somehow.  Additionally, the tracking shows them as stranded in Mississauga and classified as 'International Letter Mail'.

If anyone has heard anything about any delays, please let me know.  Thanks!

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any delays in shipping from Canada to Europe right now?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 05:56:27 PM »
I haven't heard anything except from a buyer that the ponies hadn't arrived.  Again, like you, it's not been 6 weeks yet so there's still hope.  I didn't have tracking so I can't say where it is.  I hope it's on it's way across that ocean.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:57:00 AM »
LOL I am waiting for ponies from both of you!! Talk about a coincidence!!  Thanks for posting in this thread!!! Its nice to know people still care even though the ponies have left your possession!  I know some sellers who just say "what ever, they were posted, its not my problem any more"  Both you guys have been great!!! ^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:28 AM »
I think there are a few more people still waiting on items from Canada, so I would say there are probably general delays for some or other reason ATM . Possibly also there may be delays with parcels getting to the UK (I'm not sure about other European countires right now) because of the very bad weather we've had here lately .  I've had a few parcels arriving late recently -  know some PO's wont open when there is bad snow, and some posties wont deliver in certain places if the weather is bad either *sigh* :( .  Hopefully the parcels will start arriving again soon though :hug: 

You are right Rhubarb - its good to see sellers who are concerned for their buyers , rather than thinking its out of their hands so why bother :bigups:  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »
These were upgraded "tracked packet" parcels? If so that does seem like a really long time. TP is expensive, but it should have been fast! If that is what you had paid for I'd be on the phone with CP.

Surface can easily take months, to Finland took two months, and I have another buyer from the UK who also paid for surface and I haven't heard from her yet either way if her package arrived. Airmail tends to arrive between 1 1/2- 4 weeks. The faster services with additional services have all taken around a week or under.

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
I ordered from Canada almost a year ago and it took 2,5 months  :|

But I knew it when I choose the cheaper option..

I live in Finland :)

Offline Mismatch

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »
These were upgraded "tracked packet" parcels? If so that does seem like a really long time. TP is expensive, but it should have been fast! If that is what you had paid for I'd be on the phone with CP.

Surface can easily take months, to Finland took two months, and I have another buyer from the UK who also paid for surface and I haven't heard from her yet either way if her package arrived. Airmail tends to arrive between 1 1/2- 4 weeks. The faster services with additional services have all taken around a week or under.

It wasn't TrackPacket.  We agreed on International Surface Parcel, and when I looked into it to see if there was any reason the parcels were taking so long, I thought that the confirmation number was a tracking number :( 

I think sellers are just as dismayed as buyers when it takes awhile for parcels to arrive.  After all, it's our reputation on the line--maybe less so since we've been able to electronically provide proof of postage, but still. 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
I haven't heard anything about particular delays right now. But in my experience, packages shipped Int'l Small Packet Surface always take absolutely ages to get anywhere from Canada (except to the US, but now they've discontinued Surface to the US, so... :doh:...) I've had parcels take more than a month to reach the UK, and more than TWO months (nearly three in a couple of cases) to get to Aus/NZ. Everything has always arrived safely in the end, but it's so very stressful for everyone in the meantime!

I usually go with Air now (just regular Small Packet Air, not Tracked Packet unless it's something pricey) unless the buyer and I are both totally aware and okay with it taking at least a month and possibly three to arrive :( Blargh, Canada Post. /gripe

I hope everything turns okay and your parcels reach their destinations safely! :hug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
I always pay for XpressPost shipping with $100 insurance and tracking or Expedited Parcel which has the same coverage.  It's usually the #2 price quote on the list...  But nearly everything I have ever sent has arrived to its destination within 2 weeks.  I think twice I have paid the International Packet and gotten lucky with the same timeframe but I really really really don't like using it. 

Is the stress of wondering worth the service to have the postal system claim responsibility for it?  I usually say yes!  I get up, check all my incoming/outgoing tracking and go on with my day.  If I get something or something gets delivered, yay!  If not, I keep checking until it does.  I've never had Canada Post actually lose anything that was properly insured/tracked.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
BLS, expensive items yes, but I'm hard pressed to find someone willing to spend around $40in shipping  for a $10 purchase. I package really well so even taking so long it comes intact on the other end. Mismatch, I think you're ok still. :) If it were tracked packet I'd be worried, but surface this is the norm. Just hold onto the receipt regardless.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
BLS, expensive items yes, but I'm hard pressed to find someone willing to spend around $40in shipping  for a $10 purchase. I package really well so even taking so long it comes intact on the other end. Mismatch, I think you're ok still. :) If it were tracked packet I'd be worried, but surface this is the norm. Just hold onto the receipt regardless.

Clearly you're not selling to me then!  :-p  I get very irritated with sellers who don't want to use expensive shipping methods!  I mean, really, I've taken the drive to Interior BC before... it takes our vehicle about 3 fill-ups... about $300.  Already the shipping is cheap to me!  :-p
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
I'm also waiting for parcels from Canada at the moment - but I know shipping from there can always take very long,

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
Oh, I'm happy to offer it! But don't mind going the slow cheap route for inexpensive purchases for my buyers. I don't do ebay though, I would be super anxious for things to arrive and wouldn't want the stress from buyers there. Forum folks are a lot more patient though. As a buyer I'm super patient, haven't had issues with things not showing up, taking a long time from Australia or Europe yes!

Offline Mismatch

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

Clearly you're not selling to me then!  :-p  I get very irritated with sellers who don't want to use expensive shipping methods!  I mean, really, I've taken the drive to Interior BC before... it takes our vehicle about 3 fill-ups... about $300.  Already the shipping is cheap to me!  :-p

Umm, pretty much what FantasticFirefly said.  I'm more than happy to use more expensive shipping methods, and from now on, I think I'm going to be more active in encouraging buyers to use TrackPacket.  Again though, shipping from Canada is expensive enough without adding tracking :( 

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 03:13:56 AM »
Yeah I think I'll try and not be so cheap opting for the lowest cost as well  :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal