collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deflocks  (Read 2638 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Deflocks
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
Just curious as to what people think of G1 deflocks!

Personally I own a few: Ribbon, Truly, Paradise, Fifi, Lofty, Hippety Hop, North Star, Skippety Doo, Wind Whistler, Buttons.

A couple I've done (or half done and need to finish!), some I've bought. I have flocked counterparts to a couple but not all; I'm not fussed about getting the entire set flocked and deflocked.

I think that deflocking can bring a new lease of life to a SS with massive flocking loss, marks that can't be removed or very bad pin dot (my Truly), but I'm all for keeping ponies flocked if they display OK too. :)

antlercat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Deflocks
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 04:19:57 AM »
I love them. :D I don't really like any of the SS ponies much, apart from Angel, but I definitely definitely definitely love some of the ponies when they're all deflocked - especially Paradise. I want her so much! :D

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:23:44 AM »
I love them I think they look so much better without flocking but I do feel a bit gulity when I think of collectors that like ss... I am sure there will be a shortage one day as so many get deflocked : (

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 04:35:29 AM »
Seeing as you can deflock ponies, can you reflock them too? I personally really like the SS ponies with their flocking still on them. But when there is no other option left for them, then sure, go ahead and deflock them. Some of them look gorgeous deflocked honestly. :3

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
I've got three SoSofts (Truly, Twilight and Best Wishes) and I think SoSofts are really pretty, especially with thick flocking, but... I am morbidly afraid of having SoSofts because I worry about their flocking getting damaged :P I'd love to have deflocked versions of a lot of the SoSofts one day :)
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
Seeing as you can deflock ponies, can you reflock them too?

I've flocked a custom, but it was hard to do without getting joins between the patches. Also it's not as resilient as an original SS and you can't get it to stand on end in the same way that Hasbro did - you need a machine of some kind with static or something.

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »
Seeing as you can deflock ponies, can you reflock them too?

I've flocked a custom, but it was hard to do without getting joins between the patches. Also it's not as resilient as an original SS and you can't get it to stand on end in the same way that Hasbro did - you need a machine of some kind with static or something.

Oh I see, that explains a lot. Thanks for informing me! I once saw a SS G4 brushable and it looked so cute that I wondered how people even did that. Thought that it might work on a G1 too. Could you explain the process of flocking a pony, please? I might want to do it one day when I start making customs.

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59:02 AM »
The way I do it is paint areas of the pony with ModPodge, then dump white flocking on (although you can buy different colours, all the SS ponies were done with white) and after a short while blow/shake/tap off the excess. The reason you do patches is that it's hard to get flocking on the entire pony before your adhesive dries. :)

Offline Tiffoes

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 08:15:39 AM »
The way I do it is paint areas of the pony with ModPodge, then dump white flocking on (although you can buy different colours, all the SS ponies were done with white) and after a short while blow/shake/tap off the excess. The reason you do patches is that it's hard to get flocking on the entire pony before your adhesive dries. :)

ModPodge is some sort of glue-based vernish, right? Thank you for explaining, this is so much fun to learn about!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:20:45 AM by Tiffoes »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »
I love de-flocked SS ponies :) I don't have any yet though; every time I buy a pony with a mind to de-flock it the flocking is never bad enough to warrant de-flocking...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
I prefer my SS's deflocked. Even when I was a kid, I remember not liking the flocking on my Wind Whistler because I couldn't see her cutie mark. But I'm only for deflocking if the pony is looking pretty shabby. I've got a pile of them with stains and bald spots that are waiting for me to pretty them up once more.

Offline BeefyDia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 08:48:57 AM »
Ahh, although they look a little dingy that way, I can't help but like so soft ponies un-deflocked, just the way they are! It's so cute how furry they are :3

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 09:13:02 AM »
I prefer all of them deflocked, except Lofty. She looks better as bright yellow because I'm used to that from the show. I have a very nice Lofty with almost perfect flocking. She's goreous.  :lovey: I also have a deflocked Ribbon that I like very much and Best Wishes and Paradise that I plan on deflocking. And I have NSS versions of Shady, Wind Whistler and some more.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:16:48 AM »
I would rather have a nice, soft, flocked pony any day, but if the flocking is just beyond hope... De-flocking is a fine alternative to a patchy pony. :P I probably have a couple that could be de-flock candidates, but I just like the soft "nuzzily" flocking so much. >.<

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
I much prefer them deflocked too.  They are a really stunning set without all that fur, I'm working on deflocking all mine.  Here's my Paradise ...

[image resized ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 03:06:47 AM by hathorcat »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal