collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 hair colours match help?  (Read 288 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
G3 hair colours match help?
« on: July 22, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
Hello everypony! ^.^

So I've been letting, well, the entire world around me know that I'm actively collecting ponies, and the kind lady who works at our thrift store kept aside for me a very pretty Silly Sunshine, at the remarkable price of 25 cents.  She's cleaned up nicely, just a few nibble marks on her ears and one hoof, and her symbol and eyes are brilliant, no rubs or smudges.  Specially for the price, I'm really happy... but for her hair.  Gads, her mane was practically a dreadlock!  I am nothing if not persistent, however, and I got it combed out until I'm quite satisfied with it (little bit of frizz at the ends on the white, nothing I can't live with).  Her tail, however, that's another story.  While it was matted I thought it had potential, but once I'd combed it out, I see it has very little pink left, and its frizzy to the point of saddening me. :(

So here's my question.  Does anypony have an idea what kind of dollyhair might work as far as colours go for making a new tail for Silly Sunshine?  I can't decide between Raspberry Sorbet and Old Bubblegum for the pink, and I have no clue for the yellow.  And will one hank of each be long enough when doubled over its self to make a long tail for a SLH G3?  I'm totally new to the concept of rehairing ponies, so all input is welcome. ^.^  Thank you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G3 hair colours match help?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 06:38:56 AM »
Old bubblegum is going to be the closest pink and the yellow unfortunately wont have super super close match - lemon drop is the best bet but it will be a little too light, golden delicious is too deep a colour and yellow fever too bright.

You ll get more than enough length out of one hank to make her tail and will have to trim it a little even at that length :) Good luck
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »
Thanks, hathorcat! ^.^  I was thinking of putting her up for trade or sale as bait or TLC later on in the month, but the more I fiddle around with her, the more I really like her, previously loved (chewing is love for little kids, right?) though she is.  She's got chutzpah, well, as much as an inanimate object can have, but still... :P  Anyway, she'll make a perfect intro to playing around with rehairing, and I'm eager to show the results once she's all done. ^.^  Thanks again!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
Thats what happens - one minute they are in the "for trade" bundle and the next they are displayed on a shelf..

And yes I would agree "chew marks" certainly go under very well loved :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal