collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Autumn/Halloween ponies for Coloring Contest  (Read 941 times)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
G4 Autumn/Halloween ponies for Coloring Contest
« on: October 10, 2020, 02:23:41 AM »
After several years of barely having any time or inspiration for customs, this year has turned out to be pretty productive!

I wanted to give back to my lovely pony community and make a couple of customs to be offered as prizes in the Halloween Colouring Contest :art:

First up is Pumpkin Pie:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pumpkin Pie by Haawan, on Flickr

(Click to view full size)

She's a fairly simple custom made using an older Applejack base. Since both ponies had clean bodies, I wanted to avoid full body repaints. Instead I designed the colour schemes with the original body colours as my starting point. AJ had a slight head-body mismatch but as that's not uncommon in G4s, I tried to ignore it and hope it's not too distracting. :P

Little Witch & Gremlin the Cat

Little Witch & Gremlin the Cat by Haawan, on Flickr

(Click to view full size)

This was meant to be another "quick" custom but turned out to be anything but :silly: (lol I'll never paint striped socks again...) She started out as alicorn Twilight Sparkle. I cut off the wings and gave her a sculpted saddle to cover the stubs. I had planned to give her a traditional symbol (a cauldron and a broom) but after sculpting I realised there wasn't enough room. So I painted one of her socks black, put the cauldron there, and gave the broom to her cat, Gremlin. :biggrin: All sculpting was done with Apoxie Sculpt, including the cat (although polymer clay would've been a wiser choice...) Gremlin's whiskers were made with small pieces of fishing line, painted in acrylics and glossed.

Thanks for looking! :heart: The contest is running until Nov 1, enter now to win one of these customs or some gorgeous artwork from Shaiyeh ;)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: G4 Autumn/Halloween ponies for Coloring Contest
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 04:55:08 AM »
They're both adorable! Pumpkin Pie is my favorite but I love all the sculpting with Little Witch. The cat turned out so cute!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 01:06:47 PM »
Beautiful!  Pumpkin Pie's colors are just gorgeous, she really brings to mind Autumn days with warm treats.  Little Witch's outfit is so ornate, that tiny cauldron painted on her foot...the level of detail is really impressive!  Also I love her little eyebrows  :biggrin:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »
They're both adorable! Pumpkin Pie is my favorite but I love all the sculpting with Little Witch. The cat turned out so cute!

Thanks! I was a little worried at first because the cat was quite ugly before I painted him XD

Beautiful!  Pumpkin Pie's colors are just gorgeous, she really brings to mind Autumn days with warm treats.  Little Witch's outfit is so ornate, that tiny cauldron painted on her foot...the level of detail is really impressive!  Also I love her little eyebrows  :biggrin:

Thank you ^^ I give all my G4s eyebrows, they have such big foreheads and the eyebrows make them much more expressive... even though I'm generally not a huge fan of eyebrows on animals (in cartoons etc.)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 06:11:53 PM »
As amazing as the Ponies are, I have to say it: Gremlin is my absolute fave!!! He's the perfect pet for his Pony & his whiskers made like you did adds a wonderful touch!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »
These are so precious!! I can't decide who I like more - traditionally I'm more of a purple fan, but omg the orange and the pie is doing me in! :heart: Great work!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal