collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buddy L Fakies  (Read 1120 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Buddy L Fakies
« on: December 04, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »
Hello! I have a question for all you fakie collectors out there. I own two Buddy L Fakies. I adore these. I had a bunch when I was a kid but I've having trouble finding any kind of ID database for them. I'd ideally like to collect them all. Does anyone know of any information on these? Anyone else collect them? So far I have a Pegasus that's white with pink hair and an all orange one with a green saddle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Buddy L Fakies
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
The Fakie Hideout has some info...

http://the-fakie-hideout.weebly.com/
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:31:54 PM »
I adore Buddy L ponies too :) had some as a kid and still collect them :D their cute faces.. awwww :) Would you like to show your collection?

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
I actually just got two more for like 2.50 off ebay so once those darlings arrive I'll take some pictures and post my little mini collection. I'm so thrilled to have some again. I was devastated when I had to sell all my ponies back in 2014 so to know that I still had these guys boxed away really tugged at my heart strings. And fuels the collector in me to get back out there and hunt some more down.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:19:43 PM »
I finally got around to taking some pictures. The white pegasus and the orange pony are my originals from back when I collected in back 2012. The blue and the purple are new additions. I have another on the way as well. I just adore them so much. The horse is what I believe to be a Fashion Star Filly but I am unsure? She came with the other two as a bonus horse. She's very pretty. Anyway, here they are. I just adore them and am actively searching for more if anyone has any.. *hint hint* lol

I used my phone, so the pictures aren't beautiful by any means like some of yall got on here lol. But these are my ponies. I'd love to see everyone elses. I'm trying to make a reference of how many different ones are out there. Right now I've been just searching "Buddy L Pony" or "Talk to Me Pony" on ebay to see what comes up.

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 11:26:53 PM »
I have a faint memory that I used to have one or two Buddy L as a kid. Can't remember which color they where but I think they had horns and wings that that flapped and they made some sort of sound too.
The horse is indeed a Fashion star filly, I believe her name is Calla :)

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 12:03:28 AM »
I honestly can't remember the sounds that the Buddy L's used to make. I just remember being a small child and having a ton of G1 and G2 ponies as well as some Buddy L's. I don't know why but the Buddy L's just speak to me and remind me of better times. Even more so than MLP to be honest lol. I hope to have a complete collection some day. I've seen a few MOC ones on ebay, and actually one for a decent price but I'm very hesitant to buy MOC. I am always tempted to open. I am considering it though lol.

So far I've noticed there are four different types of Buddy L's. There's the Pegasus model with flapping wings and a horn. There's also the kind with the star shaped jewel on their face that and there is also one with an oval shaped jewel. I've also noticed that they come with saddles and bareback. My newest additions really need a trip to the pony spa however with the cold weather setting in, it's hard for me to do anything physical so bending over the sink for ponies is out of the picture right now.

ETA--

I am really in love with this Fashion Star Filly by the way. She's actually a lot heavier than I thought she would be. I thought she would be hollow and light weight like a barbie horse but she is practically a paperweight! I was going to sell her but I think I'll keep her. She is just so pretty. These were an 80's toy line, correct? I didn't see a lot out there about them but I think I might find myself buying her a friend or two. I like to have at least a few of each thing I own. I can't stand having just one item lol.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:05:26 AM by karrie91 »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
^^There's another kind - the heart on the head. I actually only have 1 Buddy L atm, I traded away mine for MLP when I was a kid, but I've been on the lookout for them for years - they always seem to get bid high over here! I did pick one up at Ponycon though, a green earth pony with a star and no symbol, just like my original childhood one, except she had the heart instead. Nostalgia trippp!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 12:33:04 AM »
I haven't seen any with a heart yet.. I can't seem to find a lot of information about them around the internet. I hope one pops up on ebay soon though. I seem to have some childhood fascination with them. I don't know why. I have the urge to own them all. I am half tempted to buy ones I already have too lol. It's addicting.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:13:52 PM »
Just wanted to update that I have a new addition! I won this girl off of ebay a few days ago and she finally arrived. I'm so thrilled to see my herd growing. I know they're not offical MLP but if I went down that rabbit hole again I'd end up broke lol. This way, if I stick to collecting Buddy L's for now, then at least I can not worry about my home being taken over considering I also collect dolls, books and wwe action figures. Anywho, here's some pictures of her. I love her color. She looks great with my other Pegasus.

and my whole herd thus far:

I wish I had the expertise and equipment to take really good pictures. Maybe someday in the future. They have some frizzy hair and desperately need a trip to the pony spa. One of these days when I'm not so sore I'm gonna treat them. Any idea of a good product to use for their hair? I know it won't completely get rid of the frizz but I'm not sure what type of hair the Buddy L's actually have. Any advice is welcome. Also, if anyone wants to add their collection to this thread, that would be cool. I'd love to see what other colors and variations there are out there. Thanks for reading!  :)

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »

Oh! That's her! I remember I used to have her as a kid :)
Congratulation on your growing herd.

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline swancrossing18

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 03:46:52 AM »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 03:55:55 AM »
I had a pink one with a heart symbol and I think a light up heart on her bridle instead of a light up star. Mine made 3 sounds. Galloping towards something, neighing 3 times and galloping away from something. I still remember having her "climb" to the top of the Lullaby Nursery to signal the other ponies since her jewel it up.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/swancrossing18/library/Buddy%20L

I LOVE these :)

OMG babies! I didn't even know they had babies! I bet those are near impossible to find but now I MUST have them! I'm so estatic. I will be stalking ebay like crazy now.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 11:45:04 AM »
Buddy L ponies are great fun!
I've got yellow one for sale. I love how the horn flashes, the wings flap, and the sounds are hilarious!

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal