collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who likes Digimon?  (Read 7564 times)

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Digimon?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 06:17:46 AM »
I watched the dubbed at the time (I think I was seven or eight when I began watching the first season, so I was just watching it as a Saturday morning cartoon). Though I have since seen the subbed versions as well (and I've been watching Tri right along with subtitles at current). I like both versions, but I am partial to the English voices just because those are the voices that stick out in my childhood memories.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:35 AM »
Yay Digimon! I love Digimon!

I watched the dub growing up, and I think it still holds up well today compared to some other, older dubs.

My husband and I need to watch the newest Digimon Adventure Tri installments from earlier this month. I love what we've gotten so far, it brings back so many memories~

Honestly, had the games been a bit better, I'd likely be more of a Digimon girl than a Pokemon one. I've always preferred the Digimon anime and plot though! Even if I didn't watch all of the seasons. I may get around to watching what I missed one of these days.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:09 PM »
Yay Digimon! I love Digimon!

I watched the dub growing up, and I think it still holds up well today compared to some other, older dubs.

My husband and I need to watch the newest Digimon Adventure Tri installments from earlier this month. I love what we've gotten so far, it brings back so many memories~

Honestly, had the games been a bit better, I'd likely be more of a Digimon girl than a Pokemon one. I've always preferred the Digimon anime and plot though! Even if I didn't watch all of the seasons. I may get around to watching what I missed one of these days.
Yeah, the games can be a bit spotty at times.  I think they are usually pretty fun once you get past the vague feeling of cheapness though.  Cyber Sleuth I think gives the Pokemon games a proper run for their money though, it's quite spectacular.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
Out of curiosity, did more people watch the Digimon dub or did they watch it with subtitles?  I watched the subtitled version, as I watched when I was a bit older.  I don't really have an issue with the dub though, it's pretty good, but I prefer watching the original usually. :)

I think I pretty much only watched it on Fox Kids. :P I miss Tamers so bad now. XD Maybe I should settle for a DVD instead of Blu Ray...
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 10:01:10 PM »
Seems like everyone here loves Tamers too! :heart: *wants to have a season 3 party with all of ya'll at my house*

Speaking of games- I forgot I own Digimon battle spirit 1&2! I played the heck out of those on my GBA!!! I always played as Renamon or Loppmon!

So out of CRAZY coincidence, I woke up and found my husband came home from work EARLY today (that means before 5pm, it was just after 1pm!!!!) watching season 2!!! xD He was eating arbys and I see Imperialdramon on the screen and I told him, "NO WAY! We started a digimon thread on the forum and I've been antsy to watch season 3!" He told me after a trip to TRU we are going to have a marathon of season 3 today and he is bringing home taco bell as his treat! I can already taste those cruchwraps with rice!
:silly:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:04:10 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:30 PM »
Awwww, this many people still remember Digimon!?! You guys are so awesome!! :D

Back in 1999, when Digimon first came to the USA, I fell in love with it from the very first aired ep. I became a major fan. In fact, that very same day I designed my own fan website based on made-up Digimon characters (which wasn't a thing that was really done back in 1999). My site quickly gained popularity and started the "FDD" (Fictional Digi-Destined) craze of that time. I've always been proud to have started that fanbase with my website about my dragon Digimon, Cunomon, and his human partner, Lexxy. In fact I used to cosplay as Lexxy at anime conventions with a giant plush of Cunomon I carried around, and sometimes I would get recognized by people who knew my website. :D My small 15 minutes of fame, as they say. XD

The FDD fanbase at the time was so much fun. It inspired many young people to use their imagination to make their own characters, draw fanart, and write fanfics and share them by making websites about their own made-up adventures. This sounds like something that is pretty common now, but back then it was a new thing that you didn't see in a lot of other fandoms. We had a lot of fun reaching out and making friends with other fans online. My good friend Jenn Morton and her fan-made Digimon, Foximon, became really well known in the community as well. It was a lot like the pony community is today, bringing people together with art and stories!

Sadly my Cunomon and Lexxy website isn't up anymore. It was hosted on some websites that don't exist now, like Topcities.com and Geocities. But I still have all the files... I really should put the pages back up just as an archive site, for nostalgia's sake! lol.

Thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of great memories for me! ^_^

You and Jenn were my heroes back then and I followed your stuff religiously and even wrote fanfics I was too embarrassed to submit for Digimon: FDD. I really became active after you guys kinda dropped off and Sagari/Cross took off. I actually did Digimon adoptions alongside Esse until she moved on and to this day continue to tinker with my own FDD and have been slowly working on a Digimon RPG I hope to pitch to the gaming company I work for. Oh the memories.

I know I'm biased but my favorite was always my own Digimon, Damakamon.

~Originally Soull~

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 05:43:42 AM »
After reading this thread I decided to buy Ken Ichijouji's D3 digivice off of eBay! After seeing him in Tri, I had too. I paid a hefty price for it but it was worth it! That auction killed my nerves lol. But childhood restored! After my old one go ran over its kinda a good feeling to see it again (knowing it isn't my original but still)

I'll definitely have to post pictures when I get it.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Trinity

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 05:53:29 AM »
After reading this thread I decided to buy Ken Ichijouji's D3 digivice off of eBay! After seeing him in Tri, I had too. I paid a hefty price for it but it was worth it! That auction killed my nerves lol. But childhood restored! After my old one go ran over its kinda a good feeling to see it again (knowing it isn't my original but still)

I'm having the same... 'problem'...? LOL. I'm on the hunt for plushies, but I mostly see bootlegs on ebay.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 06:22:52 AM »

I've had this on preorder since it was first announced at BBTS.

any one else going to get  him?

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 08:13:47 AM »

I'm having the same... 'problem'...? LOL. I'm on the hunt for plushies, but I mostly see bootlegs on ebay.
Try going to live journal. They have a digimon collectors group that's active still I think?

Princess Lala

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
I paid a hefty price for it but it was worth it! That auction killed my nerves lol. But childhood restored!
I live by this qoute right here! xD I paid about $200 for my electronic lugia....was so worth it. Most I ever spent on a toy. Soooooo oworth it to own it again!

I've been eyeballing digivices myself! I found one I want to buy.....fullfill that childhood dream of painting one pink! \(*T▽T*)/ if anyone sees a bandaid poseable renamon or foxtail inferno kyubimon on ebay let me know! Going to join this digimon collectors livehournal to hunt one down!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »
I paid a hefty price for it but it was worth it! That auction killed my nerves lol. But childhood restored!
I live by this qoute right here! xD I paid about $200 for my electronic lugia....was so worth it. Most I ever spent on a toy. Soooooo oworth it to own it again!

I've been eyeballing digivices myself! I found one I want to buy.....fullfill that childhood dream of painting one pink! \(*T▽T*)/ if anyone sees a bandaid poseable renamon or foxtail inferno kyubimon on ebay let me know! Going to join this digimon collectors livehournal to hunt one down!
Oooh which Lugia was that? The one by Hasbro that played his song and if you moved his right foot his wings moved???
Also was Kari's digivice pink? Unless they decided not to make hers? Cause I remember there was blue, red, yellow, black, and green?

The digimon livejoural is kinda slow but have seen a lot of pkmncollectors members there too.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »
I wanna say that they never made Kari's Season 2 digivice. Likely because of it being pink. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 08:01:46 PM »
Yes pikashoes, that same one! The pokemon2000 electronic lugia! On page 6 of the Pokemon Anniversary swap I've got collection pictures of him! :heart:

Kari's digivice is awesome, ahhhh but I want a Tamers pink one! x3 Kari is all kinds of awesome! Speaking of which hubby forgot Gatomon was Champion level and we had this discussion about it today lol. I want gatomon and renamon stuff eeeeeeeeee x3

We watched a little bit of Tri but because of husbands school and jobs plus mine and my work we are waiting until our day off to pick up on it! I'm like craving to watch more!!!!!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
From the looks of it yours looks better than mine. xD

But that kinda stinks that they didn't make Kari's digivice :/ But hoping with Tri and cyber sluth, maybe Digimon will make a come back in America?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal